I did some cutting in between the trans and x-fer case holes to get the tranny in and then I beat the shit out of the tunnel from the underside in front of the trans shift hole to clearance for the top shift assembly. Thanks to my wife it's in there. I only have two bolts in the bellhousing but this time the shaft slid into place like butter (I just hope it works this time) so I'll put in the remaining bolts in a few minutes. I also got the cross member bolted up. It didn't want to go back in but I quickly remedied that by using a pry bar to line up the holes as good as I could and with the cross member hanging an inch or two from the frame I screwed in a long bolt and then lifted the cross member using a jack until it touched the frame, I put in one of the regular bolts, took out the long bolt and put in the other normal one. Worked like a charm. Now for the infamous top bolts and then the small ones as well followed by the drive shafts. After that it's off to west marine to get my new electrical crap.