Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 4th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #41
jeeperbrian
GLFWDA member
 
Join Date: 11-20-06
Location: oakland county, mi
Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
BTW, my avatar is from a group called One Truth and it is the hole in the hand of Jesus Christ. When Thomas was told that the risen Christ was walking the block, he said he would not believe he rose again until he put his finger through the hold in Jesus' hand. I love this symbol, and I have badged myself with it because I belong to Christ.
i saw a sticker of your avatar on a truck once, asked the guy about it, he told me what it was but didnt push it. anyway, the evolution argument is a tough one. it does hold partial truth, plenty of animals do evolve in small ways, but who is to say how they originally started? i ussually stay out of it, because IMO we dont know enough to make a conclusion yet
jeeperbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #42
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
How about some of the fish evolved and moved onto land others felt that it was better in the sea and stayed. Didn't Cro Magnon man or one of the links die out and the other branched off and continued to evolve?
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #43
curt1656
Praise the lowered
 
curt1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-26-07
Location: WTFWJD?
Posts: 2,901
iTrader: (24)
If you ever saw my cousin Ward you would believe in evolution.That motherfucker IS the missing link! He doesn't need a baseball cap cause he has that huge overhang forehead! Always shade under that ridge! And watch him walk,knuckle draggin sumbitch!
curt1656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #44
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,616
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt1656 View Post
If you ever saw my cousin Ward you would believe in evolution.That motherfucker IS the missing link! He doesn't need a baseball cap cause he has that huge overhang forehead! Always shade under that ridge! And watch him walk,knuckle draggin sumbitch!
I never knew what FlatFender's real name was.
Buggy_Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #45
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperbrian View Post
i saw a sticker of your avatar on a truck once, asked the guy about it, he told me what it was but didnt push it. anyway, the evolution argument is a tough one. it does hold partial truth, plenty of animals do evolve in small ways, but who is to say how they originally started? i ussually stay out of it, because IMO we dont know enough to make a conclusion yet
Brian, if there is not enough information available now to make a decision, the you will never have enough.

Creationists stick to a young earth theory because it makes more sense. Evolutionists stick to an old earth theory because that is the ONLY way that evolution could possibly make sense. Evidence that I posted is just one reason to believe that everything may not be as old as our innacurating dating methods say. But both sides believe in eternity. Creationists believe in eternity outside of this life, and evolutionists believe in eternity as our past, present, and future (because of the fact that matter cannot create or detroy itself, but change form).

In terms of who says how things originally started, both parties have different answers, yet both of them rely on faith. Interesting eh? To me, there is no greater argument than that of a creator. That is why I put my faith in God instead of in evolution.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #46
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj house View Post
How about some of the fish evolved and moved onto land others felt that it was better in the sea and stayed. Didn't Cro Magnon man or one of the links die out and the other branched off and continued to evolve?
did you even read the first post?

The Ceolacanth IS a fish that scientists claimed was one who was part of the transition. Scientists also claimed they died out 300 million years ago. YET... they are being caught ALIVE, and it keeps happening. So are we to believe that in that length of time that NOTHING changed? How absurd is that!!?? IF evolution IS true, then the fish WOULD have changed at least one degree or another. The facts of the matter is that the fish did not change, it was not a transitional creature, and it is not 300 million years old. But scientists act like everything is cool, when it is NOT.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #47
brandonfiremedic
Senior Member
 
brandonfiremedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: ortonville
Posts: 882
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to brandonfiremedic Send a message via Yahoo to brandonfiremedic
I think God has a sense of humor. He digs out the old blueprints and makes a couple of Ceolecanths just to mess with everyone's mind and laughs at people arguing!
brandonfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #48
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
Ok, why did they need to in the first place then?
Doesn't matter, really. I see this as an argument for religion vs. evolution and I'm not biting. It is neat that people that will believe in Christ and all things religion can turn a blind eye to the fact that things evolve.

:shrug:

I don't believe in god, but I will never tell you that Christ did not exist.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:21 PM   #49
Motor Slut
I put the Ick in Dick.
 
Motor Slut's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: 49963
Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)
To not believe in evolution is to not believe in God. Christians as taught by the church will never get this.

To say that evolution does not exist but God created man as he is, is denying the power of god to mold us. I still can't believe that people are this dumb and easily controlled.

If you don't believe in evolution then you must believe that god created Adam And Eve and we all come from one common line. That line is the same whether you are black, white, yellow, or red. This means that creationism christians are all colorblind and the color they see is not real because different colors and physical attributes would support evolution.

So now for the topic of this thread. The fish never changed because it didn't have to. Evolution is based on a need for change due to environmental and physical changes in the native habitat. Many evolutionary changes have been shown to be quick longterm changes. This means that a sudden shift in evolution happens quickly to correct a need of the species but stays its course once changed.
The question which all of the Christians have in this thread is why not return to the original form? Adaptation is the answer. There are two kinds of adaptation, physical and mental. The physical adaptation is the change in a body part or structure which greatly enhances the ability of an animal to perform an action. The mental adaptation is the change of knowledge and ability to utilize the physical attributes to perform an action. So the answer is that most likely the Fish in question had a mental evolution that allowed it to not need to change physically to live in its habitat.
Motor Slut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:28 AM   #50
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
did you even read the first post?

The Ceolacanth IS a fish that scientists claimed was one who was part of the transition. Scientists also claimed they died out 300 million years ago. YET... they are being caught ALIVE, and it keeps happening. So are we to believe that in that length of time that NOTHING changed? How absurd is that!!?? IF evolution IS true, then the fish WOULD have changed at least one degree or another. The facts of the matter is that the fish did not change, it was not a transitional creature, and it is not 300 million years old. But scientists act like everything is cool, when it is NOT.
If anyone has noticed lately, lots of weird things are being caught out of the ocean, likely due to the changes in our climate that are changing the food webs. Case in point - giant squid. Lots of these caught lately even though they live thousands of feet below the surface. Why are they being caught? Less food below - they have to move closer to the surface to scavenge.

The fish that was caught had phosphorescent eyes, that is a deep-sea creature, much like the deepsea anglerfish. Take a look at the deep sea anglerfish in the attachment. That guy looks prehistoric!

Long story short, the ocean holds a plethora of amazing creatures you will not find anywhere else due to the vastness of its being. And due to that vastness, there is a niche for an enormous amount of diversity, even for a coelecanth.

Last edited by Infinite_Wisdumb; January 30th, 2009 at 05:46 PM.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:43 AM   #51
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 20,706
iTrader: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
If anyone has noticed lately, lots of weird things are being caught out of the ocean, likely due to the changes in our climate that are changing the food webs. Case in point - giant squid. Lots of these caught lately even though they live thousands of feet below the surface. Why are they being caught? Less food below - they have to move closer to the surface to scavenge.

The fish that was caught had phosphorescent eyes, that is a deep-sea creature, much like the deepsea anglerfish. Take a look at the deep sea anglerfish in the attachment. That guy looks prehistoric!

Long story short, the ocean holds a plethora of amazing creatures you will not find anywhere else due to the vastness of its being. And due to that vastness, there is a niche for an enormous amount of diversity, even for a coelecanth.
So you are claiming this fish looks like this from "Global Warming"!?

:tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka:

Thanks for making my Monday.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #52
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,969
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Evolution? hahahaha, think of how stupid that sounds. Like we evolved from other animals. hahahahaha. whatever.



The truth is some dude with his magic powers made the earth, then made the people, and then he had burning bushes talking to him and stuff. But remember, we can't see this magical guy, and he only lives in our thoughts. But one day when we die, we will live with him. And if you don't follow the rules of the invisible man, or if you question the invisible man, then you will be on fire forever when you die.

Thats the guy who made the earth! Not the stupid idea of slow change over time!
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #53
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 20,706
iTrader: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Evolution? hahahaha, think of how stupid that sounds. Like we evolved from other animals. hahahahaha. whatever.



The truth is some dude with his magic powers made the earth, then made the people, and then he had burning bushes talking to him and stuff. But remember, we can't see this magical guy, and he only lives in our thoughts. But one day when we die, we will live with him. And if you don't follow the rules of the invisible man, or if you question the invisible man, then you will be on fire forever when you die.

Thats the guy who made the earth! Not the stupid idea of slow change over time!

Stop it CC! Your thoughts, are creating Global warming!!!!!

I'm surprised somebody has'nt said that the Fish looks like that Because George Bush had Sex with it...............
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #54
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,665
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
So you are claiming this fish looks like this from "Global Warming"!?

:tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka:

Thanks for making my Monday.
if you read what he said, he didn't say it looks like that because of climate change, but that we are catching more things because they are moving closer to the surface.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM   #55
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,665
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
The truth is some dude with his magic powers made the earth, then made the people, and then he had burning bushes talking to him and stuff. But remember, we can't see this magical guy, and he only lives in our thoughts. But one day when we die, we will live with him. And if you don't follow the rules of the invisible man, or if you question the invisible man, then you will be on fire forever when you die.

Thats the guy who made the earth! Not the stupid idea of slow change over time!
exactly. CC, when you say it like that, it makes so much more sense.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #56
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 20,706
iTrader: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
if you read what he said, he didn't say it looks like that because of climate change, but that we are catching more things because they are moving closer to the surface.
It doesn't matter,.......its an age old argument, and nobody is going to change anybody's opinion on this site. You believe, what you believe, and you think I'm a moron. That's one huge wall to try to climb over.

So,.....whatever.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #57
wakebabe
Mrs. Bones
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posts: 4,153
iTrader: (3)
this sounds like some bad sci-fi movie....:miff:

Last edited by wakebabe; August 6th, 2007 at 08:12 AM.
wakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #58
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
If anyone has noticed lately, lots of weird things are being caught out of the ocean, likely due to the changes in our climate that are changing the food webs. Case in point - giant squid. Lots of these caught lately even though they live thousands of feet below the surface. Why are they being caught? Less food below - they have to move closer to the surface to scavenge.

The fish that was caught had phosphorescent eyes, that is a deep-sea creature, much like the deepsea anglerfish. Take a look at the deep sea anglerfish in the attachment. That guy looks prehistoric!

Long story short, the ocean holds a plethora of amazing creatures you will not find anywhere else due to the vastness of its being. And due to that vastness, there is a niche for an enormous amount of diversity, even for a coelecanth.
so your saying that because of global cooling, the squid has to move to warmer waters where the food is. instead of the colder, deeper water.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #59
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfiremedic View Post
I think God has a sense of humor. He digs out the old blueprints and makes a couple of Ceolecanths just to mess with everyone's mind and laughs at people arguing!
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #60
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Doesn't matter, really. I see this as an argument for religion vs. evolution and I'm not biting. It is neat that people that will believe in Christ and all things religion can turn a blind eye to the fact that things evolve.

:shrug:

I don't believe in god, but I will never tell you that Christ did not exist.
I can see changes in species, but I cannot see evidence for one species becoming a completley different species. The evidence simply does not yield that conclusion.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24426 seconds with 50 queries