Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

So I got stung. Should I go to the Dr?

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 ·
I got stung by a wasp while mowing. Little bastard tagged me right above my heel, and of course it burned like hell. I ran inside, dabbed it with some alcohol and kept mowing. I got tagged by 9 of them on my calf 2 summers ago, and it turned into cellulitis after about 2 days, landing me a trip to the dr for some antibiotics. I also got stung in the chest 3 times a few weeks back, but nothing bad happened at all.

My ankle is really swelling up, it's red and hot. there's no red line yet though. Here's the strange thing, my stomach just started getting kinda queesy. I did eat White Castle at noon, but I don't really think that's it. 8 sliders and a sack of fries. I've also had dinner since then, so the castle can be ruled out.

I don't feel like running out tonight. I Never really figured out just how allergic I am to them. But I've never swollen up this fast in the past.

My mother in law is a nurse, but she always seems clueless when I ask her about stuff like this.

#2 ·
Get to the hospital and have it checked out. My aunt was bit by her cat and found out that she had cellulitius and that is not a very good thing to have. If untreated it can be deadly.

#9 ·
Trouble breathing, neck/tongue swelling = E.R.

Keep up the Benadryl and ice. If it's worse tomorrow go into work and claim that it happened in your office and go to the Comp Doc:d:.

Really the E.R. wont do anything tonite for the possibility of cellulitis.

#12 ·
Don't put anything on it but accual medicine. You don't need an infection on top of the sting. Also, remember if you put topical Benadryl on the site, it still enters you system. So cut back on the oral dose.

#17 ·
I would recommend a complete cranium removal. This would stop the reaction that is causing the swelling and pain. That will be the only true way of resolving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.