Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Baby dies in car...dad forgot.

2K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  Immortal 
#1 · (Edited)
CONCORD, Calif. -- A man who said he mistakenly left his 11-month-old son in a hot car for more than six hours while he went to work was arrested Wednesday night in the boy's death.

Danny Takemoto, 46, of Benicia was booked on suspicion of felony manslaughter, said Concord police Lt. David Chilimidos.

Takemoto told police that he forgot to drop off the child at a day care center and instead drove to work Wednesday morning, Chilimidos said. His wife phoned him shortly before 3:30 p.m. to ask why the day care had called her to report that her son was not there, prompting Takemoto to race out to the SUV and find the lifeless body of his son still strapped in the car seat, the lieutenant said

Now that is a parent who will feel horrible and carry the guilt the rest of his life...yikes!!!!

#11 ·
I have to admit, that was something that scared the hell out of me when my kids were small.
This was long before all the news reports of kids being left in locked cars. For some reason I would even have nightmares about it.

At that time in my life I was very busy with work and I would be sitting at my desk and all of a sudden that thought would cross my mind.
You go through the same motions every day for years and now you have a child to care for. I can see how it would happen.
Thank god it never happened to me, but I can't imagine the pain that guy is going through.

#21 ·
How many kids do you have? Once you have kids you better be good at multi-tasking, or you'll never make it. It's just like leaving your coffee cup on the roof of the car and driving away...but at a slightly more important level.

I'm guessing this guy was probably absent minded to start, and just made the fuck up of a lifetime.

#20 ·
WTF is the matter with people?????
how can you leave your kid in the car? how can you forget?
was the baby in the back of an excursion? how the fuck can you not see the baby there? this guy needs to be shot. I could not even imagine I could forget my child in the car!

#23 ·
Im Sorry, I do not feel sorry for this guy, What about the child? As a Adult you take on the responsiblity of the care of your child. He needs to do time for this if for nothing else to clear his own guilt of the loss of his child. He will need mental help to get past this if it can be done?

This just makes me sick.

#25 ·
Actually the story I heard a little while back was that the dad had to drop the kids off at school in the morning, which his wife had always done before, and I guess one of the kids was sleeping in the seat behind him, so the kid didnt get out, and then he went to work and didnt realize the kid was still in the car.

#27 ·
This guy is stupid, even if your wife was the usual one to drop off at day care, most people look back when they get out of the car and close the door to make sure they didnt forget anything, and when you close the drivers side door and turn to walk away you pass by the back seat!!! you mean to tell me he didnt see the car seat with the kid there, and what about the diaper bag, most parents put that in the front seat so they can multitask while driving and get crap out to give to the kid(s). He was just out in the galaxy somewhere. This is like one of those stories you hear about on the westside of detroit where a house that caught on fire and the parents get out but the kids dont and the parents dont even attempt to save the kids. they are all f**c**d up a**hol*s if you ask me, people like that dont deserve to have kids and shouldnt, meanwhile their are decent people in the world who are miserable because they cant naturally have kids and dont fit adoption criteria (too poor) sometimes you wonder about the weirdness of the world today.

#28 ·
This guy is stupid, even if your wife was the usual one to drop off at day care, most people look back when they get out of the car and close the door to make sure they didnt forget anything, and when you close the drivers side door and turn to walk away you pass by the back seat!!!
"most people" = you and im sure lots of others, but not everyone... people can become very dependant on their habbits, whether it be looking to see if youve forgotten something, or just simply getting out of the car and walking away.

#30 ·
I drop my kids off twice a week and still can load them into the car and head for work out of habit instead of going to the siter's house. I have never made it all the way to work but in the morning a lot of people are on auto pilot. Luckily my 6 year old would tell me if we got to the office and didn't drop them off first. My baby on the other hand usualy falls asleep as soon as we pull out of the driveway in the morning and where I park I walk twards the front and would never notice if she were stil there or not. You get so used to seeing car seats that they become part of your normal view and don't get your attention any more. This guy has enough to deal with. He doesn't need people who have no clue telling him he is a "retard".

#31 ·
I would say you have head up ass syndrome then.. YOU Should ALWAYS put your children safty first. don't care if your going to work or to play bla, bla, bla... excuses are a dime a doz.

"My 6 year old would tell me"... give me a break.........:miff:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.