Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Jeep all paid off now weeee

2K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Rocky 
#1 · (Edited)
:bdr2: 3 minute call with my CU to transfer some funds is all it took and now it's my'n all my'n :beerbang:

Worked & sweated my tail off during the last 3 weeks of shutdown at Kansas City but the fat OT checks were worth it. I didn't mind the monthly payments but I figured if I have the money why pay interest on a loan to someone else and have to worry about being on time with payments. Now I can start saving for a down payment for a DD. Can't decide what I want, I am thinking stick shift is a must and it should get OK MPG since it will be a DD. So far I am liking: Pontiac G6, Dodge Caliber, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mazda 6 ... ???
Oh and I get both DCX and GM employee discounts so if I decide to go US made it will have to be from one of those.

#7 ·
jeepfreak81, you are right my'n was a lease at the start cause I wanted low payments while in college but I knew it wasn't getting turned in so it was lifted and moded since the first week. I then changed it to a loan when the lease ended this winter. Now 6 months later I just said screw the loan I am paying it off. I only had like 6K more to go so instead of blowing money on stupid mods I decided to do the smart thing and pay it off.
So now I don't have any debt or loans at all , it feels great :nana:
Now I can buy a house and have one gynormous loan :(

#22 ·
Well I like the WRX but I just read that it takes Premium fuel :( Not a very cheap DD though when premium gas jumps up to $4. Might as well Keep the TJ with it's 15MPG. So I don't know what I want as far a fun but cheap to drive car.
Oh well I have till mid-winter to figure it out. I'll be going to Kansas City soon for a few months and I'll start saving my perdium for a down payment. At 2K a month of left over perdium can sure add up :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.