Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GPS question

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Buggy_Tim 
#1 ·
my friend recently got a Magellan road GPS that does directions to locations, points of interest etc. (the kind that you use on road trips that sticks to your windshield) I really liked that for using in the car. It doesn't do the bread crumbs thing, though. Is there a good combo out there that is meant to stay in the car, that would be good for doing bread crumbs and saving the trails that you go on, or are you just better off getting a handheld for that like the eTrex or something?

thanks

#4 ·
yes, but i wasn't sure that was the spot to ask a question about it, it looked like it was more for posting trails and stuff.

#8 ·
Hey Mike,
I have just a plain etrex I paid @ $50 and it works fine for what I want right now. Its a matter of what you want and can afford. That Garmin 60csx is sweet. I also like the Delorme Earthmate PN-20. It has the topos loaded in it plus a bunch of other neat features.

#9 ·
actually the garmin is a little pricey for me, i've been looking at the magellan crossover, but i don't know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.