Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:27 AM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,281
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default Mike Huckabee says fatass people are the problem with health care.Fat Tax Discussion

He directly said Michael Moore.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

I wish we had a fat tax.

Why should other people be taxed the same way? There is no difference to someone buying cigarettes or alcohol and paying a premium tax on them. Why isn't the taxes fair across the board to people who over eat and put a drain on the rest of society?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #2
Sinister Minister
Sinister Minister
 
Sinister Minister's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-23-07
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,269
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
He directly said Michael Moore.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

I wish we had a fat tax.

Why should other people be taxed the same way? There is no difference to someone buying cigarettes or alcohol and paying a premium tax on them. Why isn't this fair across the board to people who over eat?


Sinister Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #3
Mongo
.
 
Mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-06
Location: Fenton
Posts: 8,042
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

NOOOOOOOOOOO
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #4
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,418
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

While I do hate Michael Moore, my question is how are you going to tax fat people? Would you tax food in general and hope that the fat people just eat more?
I think honestly that people's insurance rates should be based on their health. It should take into consideration BMI, smoking, drinking, doing drugs, extreme sports, and anything else that could cause a person to be higher risk.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:34 AM   #5
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,281
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
While I do hate Michael Moore, my question is how are you going to tax fat people? Would you tax food in general and hope that the fat people just eat more?
I think honestly that people's insurance rates should be based on their health. It should take into consideration BMI, smoking, drinking, doing drugs, extreme sports, and anything else that could cause a person to be higher risk.

Drinking and smoking are already HEAVILY taxed.

You need to tax the fat people foods. Anything made by hostess or jenny craig
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #6
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I dont really like BMI's because what if you workout alot and are really built but they BMI says your obese?
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #7
Mongo
.
 
Mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-06
Location: Fenton
Posts: 8,042
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
You need to tax the fat people foods. Anything made by hostess or jenny craig


You really should enter politics.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #8
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,418
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Drinking and smoking are already HEAVILY taxed.

You need to tax the fat people foods. Anything made by hostess or jenny craig

Maybe the government should remove those taxes(and stop being able to pay for welfare :tonka: ). The healthcare companies are the ones being hurt by the smokers and drinkers.
FYI- since Mikey and I eat out pretty much 3 meals a day we are also being taxed on food

ps.. I dont eat anything from hostess or Jenny Craig so you tax plan wont affect my fat ass
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #9
FrankNBrew
Me balls are huge
 
FrankNBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Warren
Posts: 2,543
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Drinking and smoking are already HEAVILY taxed.

You need to tax the fat people foods. Anything made by hostess or jenny craig
If they add an extra tax on McDonalds McGriddles I will fucking kill you.
FrankNBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #10
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,281
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
Maybe the government should remove those taxes(and stop being able to pay for welfare :tonka: ). The healthcare companies are the ones being hurt by the smokers and drinkers.
FYI- since Mikey and I eat out pretty much 3 meals a day we are also being taxed on food

ps.. I dont eat anything from hostess or Jenny Craig so you tax plan wont affect my fat ass
eating out 3 times a day? I'm guessing you're gaining weight from doing that, and you will be a burden on your insurance company at some point, and you will cost me money from higher premiums

you should be taxed to keep my preimums at the level of inflation
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #11
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

when I applied for health insurance they asked questions about weight, personal lifestyle, made me give my urine, the whole nine yards. They know who is overweight and who is not, and I think heavy folks pay more money.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #12
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,418
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
eating out 3 times a day? I'm guessing you're gaining weight from doing that, and you will be a burden on your insurance company at some point, and you will cost me money from higher premiums

you should be taxed to keep my preimums at the level of inflation
I have only gained 5lbs in the last 7 months of being on heavy doses of fertility medicine. My doctor every month mentions how well I have maintained weight and how a lot of women who get on the medicine (we arent allowed to diet while on the treatment) just use the medicine as an excuse to gain weight. I make sure that I eat oatmeal for breakfast with splenda, and usually a salad for lunch or dinner. I try to always only eat one heavier meal a day, and I very seldom eat fast or fried foods.
When I had my heart condition one of the reasons that I am the only person on record who ever recovered from the virus I had is that my cholesterol was so low and I didnt have high blood pressure.
There are a lot of thin people I know who have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am sure they are going to be a burden you in the future so you should tax their salt and fatty foods too.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #13
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
He directly said Michael Moore.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

I wish we had a fat tax.

Why should other people be taxed the same way? There is no difference to someone buying cigarettes or alcohol and paying a premium tax on them. Why isn't the taxes fair across the board to people who over eat and put a drain on the rest of society?
I have a better idea . Don't use tax money to pay for anyone's health care. Let everyone pay for it them selves. Give me the money I'm paying for healthcare in taxes and my employer is paying for my health care now in my salary and I'll go buy my own insurance from who ever I choose.

Competiton and profit = lower prices and better service.

Higher risk people will pay more in a free market. When they see, every week, how much more it costs them it should motivate them to do something about it.

Free markets work.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #14
FrankNBrew
Me balls are huge
 
FrankNBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Warren
Posts: 2,543
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I have only gained 5lbs in the last 7 months of being on heavy doses of fertility medicine. My doctor every month mentions how well I have maintained weight and how a lot of women who get on the medicine (we arent allowed to diet while on the treatment) just use the medicine as an excuse to gain weight. I make sure that I eat oatmeal for breakfast with splenda, and usually a salad for lunch or dinner. I try to always only eat one heavier meal a day, and I very seldom eat fast or fried foods.
When I had my heart condition one of the reasons that I am the only person on record who ever recovered from the virus I had is that my cholesterol was so low and I didnt have high blood pressure.
There are a lot of thin people I know who have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am sure they are going to be a burden you in the future so you should tax their salt and fatty foods too.

If that fertility stuff doesn't work out let me know. I've got some swimmers I can share with you. Guaranteed pregnancy within a week.

Don't you basterds mention my vasectomy to her.
FrankNBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #15
sodapop
Support the Sport!
 
sodapop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-11-05
Location: Harrison Twp, MI
Posts: 2,016
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Personally, I think we should tax healthy people. They live longer anyway. fat people, smokers, drinkers are going to generally die faster so the healthy people really end up costing more in the insurance world. You skinny bastards are the drain!!!!!!!!!!

PS I'm overweight and Over the last 2 years I've only visited the doctor twice. Once for strep throat and the other was to get a refill for my allergy medication.
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #16
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Maybe we should just outlaw health insurance altogether, then everyone would pay what it actually costs for health care.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #17
Golden
Full Size Chevy
 
Join Date: 01-29-07
Location: GL
Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

How about we just put a Michael Moore tax into effect?
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #18
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,699
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

This is the most retarded thread I have ever seen on here.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:40 AM   #19
curt1656
Praise the lowered
 
curt1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-26-07
Location: WTFWJD?
Posts: 2,909
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

You want to tax retards?Thats a good idea.
curt1656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #20
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,170
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

so is it going to be a flat tax or a progressive tax?
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21267 seconds with 50 queries