DNR-warning - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > Rules, Regulations, Trail, and ORV Park Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #1
rockrat
Senior Member
 
rockrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-06
Location: Lake City, MI
Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Angry DNR-warning

Just got an e-mail from a friend. The DNR have photo's of illegal wheeling being done in the Evart area. Involving new trails blazed, chainsaws used and driving through edges of lakes and marshes. They are looking at websites to get idenities of local clubs for legal action.
Come on people, pull you heads out of your asses. You're killing our sport.:miff:
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #2
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,931
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Those people are dumber than dumb.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #3
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,148
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

i like how your bitching, but to no-one in perticular. I think the people on this site are pretty mindfull of where they wheel, and if not how do you think bitching at the crowd in general is going to help?? just me but i think that it is pretty useless. but i agree the wheelers doing that type of destructful wheeling are ruining the sport.
Pokerob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #4
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Posts: 3,432
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I'm kinda curious why this isn't in the rules and regulations section as it seems that most of these type of threads end up there.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #5
rockrat
Senior Member
 
rockrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-06
Location: Lake City, MI
Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob View Post
i like how your bitching, but to no-one in perticular. I think the people on this site are pretty mindfull of where they wheel, and if not how do you think bitching at the crowd in general is going to help?? just me but i think that it is pretty useless. but i agree the wheelers doing that type of destructful wheeling are ruining the sport.
And how do you propose that I bitch to those at fault, unless you know who they are, I don't--the letter states "local club", I belong to the "cadillac Jeepers" and wheel in the mesick area.
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #6
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

The Sundowners wheel there every year in December, but they are LEGIT. There is a local club in that area too, and they were not that type either (RPM?)

It was most likely NOT a club, just some dudes with beer and trucks and no real concern.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM   #7
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,388
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

for most illegal activity there is a ussally a local in volved. the biggest issues are thos in which people say " the law doesn't apply to me" kinda attitude. it never fails they blame clubs like ours for some jerks offs drunken rampage through the woods.
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #8
Big Daddy Rubicon
There watching me! (.)(.)
 
Big Daddy Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Concord NC
Posts: 11,455
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The bitch is trying to take money away from our sport and this kinda wheeling give her a reson. Not cool!
__________________
So I'm a asshole, so what!:finger:

[QUOTE=a.j. hall;1528363]
I will race BDR in my car......and lose.
[/QUOTE]
Big Daddy Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 06:48 AM   #9
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,336
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

The notification from the DNR first came to GLFWDA.
I heard about this yesterday and contacted Steve Kitchen, president of RPM. He doesn't know who this is but was heading straight to the local DNR office while we were talking. Don't know the outcome.

Interestingly, the DNR email stated that the local club had recently held a "jeep jamboree". The only recent event I know of was the jeep blessing.

I AM SURE IT WASN'T ANYONE FROM THERE SO DON'T GO OFF ON ME!

I'm just saying that's how things get quickly twisted and blame gets shed on the wrong group. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly. I can't imagine anyone making trails with chainsaws and thinking it's OK.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #10
Paul04TJ
Small, but talented
 
Paul04TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp. MI 48315
Posts: 2,656
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
The Sundowners wheel there every year in December, but they are LEGIT. There is a local club in that area too, and they were not that type either (RPM?)

It was most likely NOT a club, just some dudes with beer and trucks and no real concern.

My first wheeling trip with the Jeep was out there with the Sundowners. I think it was Feb. 05 we went.
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #11
rockrat
Senior Member
 
rockrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-06
Location: Lake City, MI
Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
The notification from the DNR first came to GLFWDA.
I heard about this yesterday and contacted Steve Kitchen, president of RPM. He doesn't know who this is but was heading straight to the local DNR office while we were talking. Don't know the outcome.

Interestingly, the DNR email stated that the local club had recently held a "jeep jamboree". The only recent event I know of was the jeep blessing.

I AM SURE IT WASN'T ANYONE FROM THERE SO DON'T GO OFF ON ME!

I'm just saying that's how things get quickly twisted and blame gets shed on the wrong group. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly. I can't imagine anyone making trails with chainsaws and thinking it's OK.
Don't worry I won't go off, the blessing was farther north, yes we were contacted through Steve, I was just passing this on so if anyone on here was there, do not post pics of it.
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > Rules, Regulations, Trail, and ORV Park Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.18105 seconds with 53 queries