Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #61
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
Well...heres the thing.

if they ask for a comment and we refuse then it's pretty thinly veiled

if we talk up a person.......
"I'll have to research to verify that she was employed here... I'll get back to you."

after that, just get busy, and neglect to return the call. :p

nothing sinister, or thinly veiled at all :p :tonka:
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #62
Trendsetter
Senior Member
 
Trendsetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Annapolis, MD and Holland MI
Posts: 1,932
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Trendsetter Send a message via Yahoo to Trendsetter
Default

ok having followed this from the begning.. what are these lines you speak of? I am not some IT geek and guess huffing fumes all day at work is slowing down the brain
Trendsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #63
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsetter
ok having followed this from the begning.. what are these lines you speak of? I am not some IT geek and guess huffing fumes all day at work is slowing down the brain
lines = units.

basicly its just a line of information on a medical bill
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #64
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Even if you make the enviroment such that they quit, they can claim that they had no choice but to quit or be fired. In that case, if the unemployment agency sides with her, she would still qualify for unemployment benefits. About the only way that you can keep her from claiming benifits and getting them is to prove that she did something illegal. The law is very much slanted towards the employee. The state seems to think that since the employee has paid into this program for years, that they deserve the benefits since it is technically their money they are getting back. I benefited from this a year or so ago. I was fired for "poor performance" but was granted benefits, which I made sure to exhaust prior to returning to work. ;)

This does not stop you from making her work life a living hell though. Much to our enjoyment.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #65
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
lines = units.

basicly its just a line of information on a medical bill
So, she's the bitch that's to blame when I get the bullshit answer from the insurance on why I'm now facing a bill from a lab, or some such crap, and it takes 6 months to get it all resolved?

you won't have to fire her, I'll take care of her now that I know that...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #66
geor
My Custom Title
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: Brown City
Posts: 93
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

At my prior job, they would cut back an employes hours or days until they left on there own. I think the only people fired were the ones that hadn't been there long enough to get benefits.
geor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #67
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler
Even if you make the enviroment such that they quit, they can claim that they had no choice but to quit or be fired. In that case, if the unemployment agency sides with her, she would still qualify for unemployment benefits. About the only way that you can keep her from claiming benifits and getting them is to prove that she did something illegal. The law is very much slanted towards the employee. The state seems to think that since the employee has paid into this program for years, that they deserve the benefits since it is technically their money they are getting back. I benefited from this a year or so ago. I was fired for "poor performance" but was granted benefits, which I made sure to exhaust prior to returning to work. ;)

This does not stop you from making her work life a living hell though. Much to our enjoyment.
We're well versed in the law. Basicly its something she can controll but chooses not to.
She signed an agreement on our customer service stuff. Shes to reply to things within 4 hours. I have a flag. First time one pops over 4 hours shes gone.
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 11:51 PM   #68
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,983
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

I'm very glad I left the coorporate IT world... my stress levels have dropped 400%... not even angry vendors hardly get to me.

Just fire her... isn't she "at will"?
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 06:02 AM   #69
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,281
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

How did I completely miss this whole gem of a thread yesterday.

updates please
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #70
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyevil
I'm very glad I left the coorporate IT world... my stress levels have dropped 400%... not even angry vendors hardly get to me.

Just fire her... isn't she "at will"?

At will means we can fire for no reason. That also means they can obtain unemployeement without a problem
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #71
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
How did I completely miss this whole gem of a thread yesterday.

updates please

Im out of the office today...however Im about to log in and check her records and my flag email account.
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #72
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,137
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Isn't there some way you can make her myserable enough that she'll just quit? You are working so hard trying to prove your case that she isn't doing her job. It must be frustrating as hell.
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #73
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Spouse
Isn't there some way you can make her myserable enough that she'll just quit? You are working so hard trying to prove your case that she isn't doing her job. It must be frustrating as hell.
You have no idea. If I pulled the shit she was I'd get my ass reemed
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #74
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 11,397
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
You have no idea. If I pulled the shit she was I'd get my ass reemed

Just start doing subtle things that'll make her snap one day and make her quit..


Get a bottle of Nu-Car smell air freshener and douse her chair in it every morning so she walks around reeking that horrifying smell (if she doesn't already smell like shit)

Set her computer up on a remote breaker. Only her computer. And randomly kill power to her box and make her lose everything at random
__________________
-Jeremy

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #75
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

why would i make her loose the little work she does do
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #76
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,137
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Constantly pass gas near her desk, and do the...what what what????
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #77
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Waterford, mi
Posts: 7,655
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

did she meet her quota today?
swampjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.18910 seconds with 44 queries