strip clubs - Page 12 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #221
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,695
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Frank, logic has premises and a conclusion, see this argument with a progression of logic:

1. All frogs are green.
2. Kermit is a frog.
Therefore, Kermit is green

Two premises and a conclusion. So if you wanted to argue about Christianity being illogical, you may consider presenting something like this:

1. Human beings have no power to perform miracles.
2. Jesus was a human being.
Therefore, Jesus could not have performed miracles.

Now, that follows, but the only question is if premise number 2 is true or false.


This is why I said you have NOT shown Christianity illogical. You have shown reasons why it may be hard to believe, but not why it is illogical.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 14th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #222
curt1656
Praise the lowered
 
curt1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-26-07
Location: WTFWJD?
Posts: 2,926
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

So did Gofastbobby ever go to the strip club?
curt1656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #223
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
So if you were typing in Spanish, should I discount your statements based purely on the fact that I would have to translate?

We have the scrolls in their ORIGINAL language. Translating from Greek or Hebrew is not rocket science. I can define ANY hebrew or greek word used in the Bible.

How is your point valid?
exept that greek and hebrew were not the langage of the time periods the bible deals with.
aramaec and sumarian were.
both of these langages were not as evaolved as greek ect.. and do not translate derectly or well.
most writen langages of that time were had a lexicon based on consept not specifics.
i reas a book a long time ago about how it was impossible to translat the bible directly with out making asumtion and guessing at shit du to the evalution of the human lexicon.
wish i could remember what it was called
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #224
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,695
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglide View Post
exept that greek and hebrew were not the langage of the time periods the bible deals with.
aramaec and sumarian were.
both of these langages were not as evaolved as greek ect.. and do not translate derectly or well.
most writen langages of that time were had a lexicon based on consept not specifics.
i reas a book a long time ago about how it was impossible to translat the bible directly with out making asumtion and guessing at shit du to the evalution of the human lexicon.
wish i could remember what it was called
Greek and Hebrew were not used in Bible times? Can you prove that?

It is true that there is a challenge in translation. Some versions of the Bible such as King James are word for word translation, but some meaning may be missed that way. Other translations such as New International are dynamic equivolents, they are translated throught for throught. This does not mean it is guesswork, it is done for reasons of accuracy. Either way, we have all the original scripture in their original language, none of these languages are lost or unknown or unable to be translated.

If you want to get into specific stuff, I will go back and forth with you and we can look at the facts, but again, in another coversation that you would start.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:41 AM   #225
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Hey Kerwin

Did you watch the 20/20 special on hell last night? If so, what did you think? Some prominent people were stating that the Bible is a translation of the word of God by "primitive" men. Primitive being the dudes that were around during the times of the scripture, not cavemen. In addition, there was some speculation that this planet may be Hell. What do you think about that?
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #226
FrankNBrew
Me balls are huge
 
FrankNBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Warren
Posts: 2,543
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
there was some speculation that this planet may be Hell. What do you think about that?
How cool would that be? Jeeps and Strip clubs in Hell!!! I would really ramp up my sinning.
FrankNBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #227
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,695
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Hey Kerwin

Did you watch the 20/20 special on hell last night? If so, what did you think? Some prominent people were stating that the Bible is a translation of the word of God by "primitive" men. Primitive being the dudes that were around during the times of the scripture, not cavemen. In addition, there was some speculation that this planet may be Hell. What do you think about that?
I didn't see it. Who says they were primitive? I wonder if men back in the day were smarter than today. Based on the Bible description of hell, I don't see this world equating to that. Beyond that, it says that is appointed for man to live then die and be judged. So if we live here on Earth, later die, and after that be judged, that is the point that God gives us eternity. I have heard similar speculation that heaven will be like Earth, but without sin and trouble and pain. In the end times stuff it talkes about a new heaven and new Earth, so I can only imagine what that is.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #228
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Interestingly, the pundits on 20/20 thought that earth was Hell for only some of us. IE the people enduring genocide in Africa, poverty among various peoples and, it can be argued, anyone who has had the good fortune to be "cuddled" by ScOoTeR.

If that is the case, it sure seems as though Muslims are getting cornholed while Christians generally live a pretty respectable life....
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #229
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,695
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Hell is not on Earth the same way that Heaven is not. Neither place fits the bill, and we have yet to be judged.

If heaven is legit, I want in.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:22 PM   #230
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,931
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Muslims are getting cornholed because the radical leaders of their religion have all the money and they tell people if they wanna go to heaven blow themselves up.

Look at when saddam was in power he had many palaces and all kinds of money and his people were mostly poor.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #231
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,193
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt1656 View Post
So did Gofastbobby ever go to the strip club?

negatory.
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #232
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
negatory.
duh, the 11th commandment, 'Thou shalt not pass on ones to a naked girl dancing to a twisted sister song'!
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.23533 seconds with 56 queries