Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Quads, Bikes, and Sleds
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 25th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #1
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Sweet.

Thank you for the new forum!
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 08:26 AM   #2
95geo
newbie
 
95geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: dryden
Posts: 5,774
iTrader: (6)
yep!

on another note, scooter, did the JD jetting kit get rid of your lag entirely? its about 50% better on mine. I ended up breaking the 180 jet so i put in the 175, could that be it?
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #3
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
LOL, our bikes are sure jetted differently! Did you do the accelerator pump mod with th o-ring? That does a lot for throttle response.

Heh, I replaced the 06 head and valves with an 07 R head, stage 1 hotcam and stainless steel valves. With the smaller airbox and more restrictive exhaust, a 162 main is where it's happy.

Did you go up in pilot jet size too?
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #4
95geo
newbie
 
95geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: dryden
Posts: 5,774
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
LOL, our bikes are sure jetted differently! Did you do the accelerator pump mod with th o-ring? That does a lot for throttle response.

Heh, I replaced the 06 head and valves with an 07 R head, stage 1 hotcam and stainless steel valves. With the smaller airbox and more restrictive exhaust, a 162 main is where it's happy.

Did you go up in pilot jet size too?
that didnt take long!

i did the big oring and didnt touch the pilot jet. it had a 172 stock and they called for a 180, broke that and put in the 175.

time for more reading
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #5
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
The JD kit should've came with a bigger pilot jet; stock on the x was a 40, the kit came with a 42. Pilot jet will help the bog - the 175 should be plenty - there are guys running 175 and have no problem.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #6
95geo
newbie
 
95geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: dryden
Posts: 5,774
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
The JD kit should've came with a bigger pilot jet; stock on the x was a 40, the kit came with a 42. Pilot jet will help the bog - the 175 should be plenty - there are guys running 175 and have no problem.
i dont remember too clearly now that i think about it..... maybe i forgot it?

other than that, it rips... it barks hard and pulls all the way to the top. would you recommend the cam? what does it do to the power? move it around or boost it overall?
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #7
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
for the new forum!
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #8
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
i dont remember too clearly now that i think about it..... maybe i forgot it?

other than that, it rips... it barks hard and pulls all the way to the top. would you recommend the cam? what does it do to the power? move it around or boost it overall?
I would not recommend the cam for your bike - it still is milder than your R cam, but gives much better low and midrange than the stock X cam.

IMHO, you wouldn't benefit from a bigger cam until you had head and carb work done. You can talk to Ron at www.ronhamp.com and see what he says - he's pretty impressed by the power of the R. Make sure to keep a close eye on your valve clearances for the first few rides to make sure they're not moving. (getting smaller)
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #9
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Hell yea just noticed this been wanting it for a Long time !
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Quads, Bikes, and Sleds
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.10350 seconds with 28 queries