For those who feel "entitled" - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:10 PM   #1
Evil Queen
cold as ice
 
Evil Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-16-07
Location: Pellston/Petoskey
Posts: 1,284
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default For those who feel "entitled"

If the Government is big enough to give you everything you want....

it is big enough to take everything you have.
Evil Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:54 PM   #2
CHVYPWR
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
 
CHVYPWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Vicksburg, Mi.
Posts: 1,621
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Queen View Post


it is big enough to take everything you have.

Their working on it! As long as we can keep the anti-gunners from taking our arms away, then gov won't be able to take everything.
CHVYPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:07 PM   #3
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

ya cuz the gov is so much smaller with the reb. in charge

sorry pam, i had to
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:20 PM   #4
MrBi11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Holly
Posts: 452
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ya think,
This morning a Senator told Fox news that he overheard Hillary & Boxer saying they need to legislate conservative talk radio ,WOW ,this is bad juju, and Americans better wake up here. We can loose a lot more rights than the right to bear arms ,now they want to shut you up also.Whether you agree with talk radio or not ,you don't have to listen and it is their right to speak plus it is market driven.I bet they wont do anything to their stooges in the liberal press or television.


http://thinkprogress.org/2007/06/20/radio-report
MrBi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM   #5
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
ya think,
This morning a Senator told Fox news that he overheard Hillary & Boxer saying they need to legislate conservative talk radio ,WOW ,this is bad juju, and Americans better wake up here. We can loose a lot more rights than the right to bear arms ,now they want to shut you up also.Whether you agree with talk radio or not ,you don't have to listen and it is their right to speak plus it is market driven.I bet they wont do anything to their stooges in the liberal press or television.


http://thinkprogress.org/2007/06/20/radio-report
he told fowx hu?
this has got to be more rep. underhanded scare tactics. i dont belive it for a second
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM   #6
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I believe it 100%. The hammer and sicle all over again, but not in Russia, in the USA
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM   #7
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
ya think,
This morning a Senator told Fox news that he overheard Hillary & Boxer saying they need to legislate conservative talk radio ,WOW ,this is bad juju, and Americans better wake up here. We can loose a lot more rights than the right to bear arms ,now they want to shut you up also.Whether you agree with talk radio or not ,you don't have to listen and it is their right to speak plus it is market driven.I bet they wont do anything to their stooges in the liberal press or television.
Lessee, the vast majority of the mainstream media is so liberal and panders so much to the and liberal causes that they should just be renamed the PR arm of the National Committee. There are a few conservative talk hosts out there who have a good following because their audiences like what they say (that whole "free market" thing liberals just HATE). Likewise, there are some liberals but they don't seem to have the draw of the conservatives. So we'll enact legislation to force stations to carry unpopular programming. Hell, we already have NPR, tax-funded liberal talk radio.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 07:38 PM   #8
bigjay
The Man Myth And Legend
 
bigjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-06-07
Location: i can piss on the allegan and barry county line at the same time.. ...
Posts: 5,121
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i like to shoot pigeons
bigjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM   #9
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Lessee, the vast majority of the mainstream media is so liberal and panders so much to the and liberal causes that they should just be renamed the PR arm of the National Committee. There are a few conservative talk hosts out there who have a good following because their audiences like what they say (that whole "free market" thing liberals just HATE). Likewise, there are some liberals but they don't seem to have the draw of the conservatives. So we'll enact legislation to force stations to carry unpopular programming. Hell, we already have NPR, tax-funded liberal talk radio.
npr is not liberal radio, come on. have you ever listend to it or did rush tell you that.
they are the only news ive seen yet that gives both sides.
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:31 AM   #10
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Lessee, the vast majority of the mainstream media is so liberal and panders so much to the and liberal causes that they should just be renamed the PR arm of the National Committee.
Read this to see just how true that is.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19113455/
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 12:20 PM   #11
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Read this to see just how true that is.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19113455/
yup Duffman is right.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:34 PM   #12
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

that does not mean that they do not report the trueth.
though im glad cbs dosnt let it happen anymore, and do not give to eather party myself, to impeach the integrity of an institution over a very small group of people (considering how many people it takes to run a news outlet) is not fare
not to mention how many news outlets are owned by r. murdock, a large scale rep. supporter???????
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM   #13
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglide View Post
that does not mean that they do not report the trueth.
though im glad cbs dosnt let it happen anymore, and do not give to eather party myself, to impeach the integrity of an institution over a very small group of people (considering how many people it takes to run a news outlet) is not fare
not to mention how many news outlets are owned by r. murdock, a large scale rep. supporter???????
Yes, but you know as well as I that it's not so much whether you report the "trueth" but which truth you choose to report and how you present it that matters. Reporters can present something as positive or negative depending on their viewpoint and that will influence how people perceive it.

I really don't care who they donate money to, I don't see how it would have an effect on the reporting. Their going to report based on their beliefs whether they gave money to a cause or not. In fact, I think every news person should have to give $500 to some political cause, and publicly declare who they gave to. Then we'd know who they support.

And thank god for Rupert Murdock. If not for him nearly all media would be liberal.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM   #14
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yes, but you know as well as I that it's not so much whether you report the "trueth" but which truth you choose to report and how you present it that matters. Reporters can present something as positive or negative depending on their viewpoint and that will influence how people perceive it.

I really don't care who they donate money to, I don't see how it would have an effect on the reporting. Their going to report based on their beliefs whether they gave money to a cause or not. In fact, I think every news person should have to give $500 to some political cause, and publicly declare who they gave to. Then we'd know who they support.

And thank god for Rupert Murdock. If not for him nearly all media would be liberal.
i just dont see it bruce. or i should say i dont see it at all with npr and that was the main reason for my reply.
every inter veiw ive heard on npr i got to here both sides (interveiws and straight reporting, not expo. stuff or human intrest stuff)
and i know for a fact that anyone that says they are havnt been listening and are just repeating conservitive propoganda designed to control the media flow by keeping people scared and listening to just them. wich ive become very sick of.

rush is a rep. propaganda machine
diann ream is a fair interveiwer that just works with facts.
both you and duffman have argued with me enuf on here to know that i am not a lib, or commie or any of the other conservitive buzz words disigned to piginhole and undermine anyone not towing the rep. party line.
its tactics like that, that first made me take stock of myself and the party i used to blindly follow.
i miss what the party used to stand for.
states rights
less gov. controle
freedom for all, not just for there current base.
for the consitution.
not the constitution aslong as it agrees with bush.

if you dont vote for me the terrorist win.
sadly they won when the "your rights are gone" act was writen and signed
when people are locked up with no leagal rep.
when people are called commies and told there unamerican for having differing veiws (in a land based on dif. veiws)
when the prez's right hand illeagaly rezones a state against that state constitution to rig there election
ect.
ect.

the rep. party needs to be honest with its self, not just spout the party line and id love to come back.
this is not derected at you bruce or you duffman, know both of you to be intelligent people that think about what you post, but the propoganda in here is very one sided (most of the time with no thought what so ever).
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:26 PM   #15
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglide View Post
i just dont see it bruce. or i should say i dont see it at all with npr and that was the main reason for my reply.
every inter veiw ive heard on npr i got to here both sides (interveiws and straight reporting, not expo. stuff or human intrest stuff)
and i know for a fact that anyone that says they are havnt been listening and are just repeating conservitive propoganda designed to control the media flow by keeping people scared and listening to just them. wich ive become very sick of.

rush is a rep. propaganda machine
diann ream is a fair interveiwer that just works with facts.
both you and duffman have argued with me enuf on here to know that i am not a lib, or commie
Come on, admit it, your a commie...

But seriously, I was speaking more on general terms. I have to admit I don't often listen to NPR, usually just when I'm with my parents since then listen to it constantly. Diane Rehm does come off sounding very impartial (partly due to her voice problems that won't allow her to speak with much emotion), but your fooling yourself if you can't see that someones personal opinions is going to effect how they deliver the news and conduct interviews.

I have to be honest though and admit that I almost never watch TV or listen to talk radio. Nearly all my news, and most of what I know of those on TV and the radio, comes from what I read in newspapers or see on the internet.

I prefer to read the news, not have it read to me.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM   #16
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

For the record, I don't think you're a commie.

Rush is an entertainer - and if he didn't get paid well for doing what he's doing, he'd be doing a sports talk show or DJing an oldies show somewhere. As a conservative, I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says - not 100%, but a lot.

I hear complaints that Fox has a conservative bias - something I'd agree with except that I'd temper it by calling it a slight conservative bias. It's just that the liberal biases at the rest of the mainstream press are so extreme as to make Fox look arch-conservative, when in fact I'd put them at just a shade right of center.

But then, I'm not conservative on all things.

I buy into a lot of conservative dogma:
I believe in small government - MUCH smaller than we have today.
I believe that The Constitution is not subject to re-interpretation and that the 2nd Amendment is abundantly clear.
I believe in the best person for the position, regardless of their gender, race, sexual orientation, or handicaps/challenges.
I believe that the best person to decide how to spend what I earn is me.
I believe that the U.S. needs to have (and when necessary, use) a strong military.
I want less government interference in people's lives.
But then, I fall off of the conservative position in some cases:

I'm pro-choice
I don't care if gays get married
I think we need to start enacting "protective" trade laws and policies to protect our markets and economy. Our markets are a lot more open than most everyone else and we're suffering (and they're benefiting) from that.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.26754 seconds with 68 queries