Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:50 PM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,287
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default Please help me change my mind. Why do I like Obama?

Maybe its because of my hatred for Hillary Clinton.

Obama rocked in the debate.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM   #2
luvitmyjeep
broken
 
luvitmyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Location: lakeorion mi
Posts: 5,091
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

it dont matter they will be a team!

Last edited by luvitmyjeep; June 11th, 2007 at 06:38 PM.
luvitmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:06 PM   #3
BMFmike
meh.
 
BMFmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 7,816
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Cause he is black?

He did do pretty well, I am going to get some more dirt on him.
BMFmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Trail Junkie
iamfawkinwithyou
 
Trail Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: Zeeland, west of Grand Rapids
Posts: 31,188
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

I hope you are kidding
Trail Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM   #5
BMFmike
meh.
 
BMFmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 7,816
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Junkie View Post
I hope you are kidding
me?

remember where I live? most peoples reasoning behind not liking him is because his skin isnt the same as their own, it are funny.
BMFmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:58 PM   #6
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Maybe its because of my hatred for Hillary Clinton.

Obama rocked in the debate.
not sure how to take this
but i agree.
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:13 PM   #7
Trail Junkie
iamfawkinwithyou
 
Trail Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: Zeeland, west of Grand Rapids
Posts: 31,188
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFmike View Post
me?

remember where I live? most peoples reasoning behind not liking him is because his skin isnt the same as their own, it are funny.
No, CC
Trail Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM   #8
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,761
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Maybe its because of my hatred for Hillary Clinton.

Obama rocked in the debate.
+12 street cred
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 10:23 PM   #9
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,287
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Junkie View Post
I hope you are kidding
Well, its pretty obvious the don't have a good candidate yet. So I have to decide who would be less hurtful to this country.

Besides obama's thoughts on gun control, health care, and allowing all of nena-j's relatives into the country, hes not really that bad.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM   #10
JellyBelly
Senior Member
 
JellyBelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-25-06
Location: Dewitt
Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Fred Thompson will bitch slap him in a presidential debate.

Quote:
Besides obama's thoughts on gun control, health care, and allowing all of nena-j's relatives into the country, hes not really that bad.
Yeah except those are three of the most important issues on which I vote, and he's on the wrong side of all of them.
JellyBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #11
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Well, its pretty obvious the don't have a good candidate yet. So I have to decide who would be less hurtful to this country.

Besides obama's thoughts on gun control, health care, and allowing all of nena-j's relatives into the country, hes not really that bad.
I'm sensing some sarcasm.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #12
Paul04TJ
Small, but talented
 
Paul04TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 2,609
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Becuz his names rhymes with Yo-mama!
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #13
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul04TJ View Post
Becuz his names rhymes with Yo-mama!
thats why im voting for him
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #14
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

And the thing everybody overlooks.

He's a CHICAGO .

A from the city where raised political corruption to a high art.

And he's whiter than Hillary.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #15
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
And the thing everybody overlooks.

He's a CHICAGO .

A from the city where raised political corruption to a high art.

And he's whiter than Hillary.
you say that like its a bad thing
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #16
Wojo
Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-06
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Maybe its because of my hatred for Hillary Clinton.

Obama rocked in the debate.

Probebly cause he's a great speaker! You know, someone who can pronounce his words correctly. But I think the way he talks actualy brings hope back into the U.S. Something that we've been missing for 6 or 7 years. However long dubya has been in office for.
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #17
PetalMel
Hula Girl At Heart
 
PetalMel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 1,555
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
And the thing everybody overlooks.

He's a CHICAGO .

A from the city where raised political corruption to a high art.

And he's whiter than Hillary.

you mean a "Vote Early; Vote Often" ?

That is the extent of my political knowledge---and I'm not even sure that's accurate.

I did catch a bit of Rudy talking on NPR the other day and I have to admit I kinda liked what he was saying. Not enough to vote for him, but enough to at least begin to pay a bit of attention down the road..
PetalMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:35 PM   #18
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,983
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
Probebly cause he's a great speaker! You know, someone who can pronounce his words correctly. But I think the way he talks actualy brings hope back into the U.S. Something that we've been missing for 6 or 7 years. However long dubya has been in office for.
Speaking != doing.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #19
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
Probebly cause he's a great speaker! You know, someone who can pronounce his words correctly. But I think the way he talks actualy brings hope back into the U.S. Something that we've been missing for 6 or 7 years. However long dubya has been in office for.
THAT'S what the President of the U.S. needs: speaking skills. No leadership required - just like Bubba Clinton and Jimmuh Carter. Good speakers - hell, I'd go so far as to say Clinton is an excellent, charismatic speaker. Jesse Jackson is a damn good speaker too - I wouldn't vote for him as dogcatcher, but he can speak. Ted "Mr. Potato Head" Kennedy speaks pretty well until the Chivas kicks in. Dubya - crappy speaker.

I dare say that being a good speaker isn't enough - there's something more required.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #20
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
THAT'S what the President of the U.S. needs: speaking skills. No leadership required - just like Bubba Clinton and Jimmuh Carter. Good speakers - hell, I'd go so far as to say Clinton is an excellent, charismatic speaker. Jesse Jackson is a damn good speaker too - I wouldn't vote for him as dogcatcher, but he can speak. Ted "Mr. Potato Head" Kennedy speaks pretty well until the Chivas kicks in. Dubya - crappy speaker.

I dare say that being a good speaker isn't enough - there's something more required.
ya, its just to bad W dosnt have the other thing eather
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.26164 seconds with 50 queries