Doa 2007 - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM   #61
RockyTop
Gimme the Busket!
 
RockyTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-23-06
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Sounds like GLFWDA has changed a lot in the recent future, and all for the good.

Maybe someone needs to make a post about certain things like personal voting.. I believe it used to be club voting only.
RockyTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM   #62
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

There are 4,000 or so members here.

How many members in GLFWDA?

If half the members here were in GLFWDA @ $25 per year (thats what it was, what is it now?) That's $50,000 per year. I know nothing of budgets, or any of that pertaining to the GLFWDA. But with 2,000+ members and $50,000 to help fund awareness and to deal with Lansing I am sure GLFWDA would be in better shape.

Internal Bickering, forget about all of the BS and get back to wheeling. If you want to join a club join one, but if you want to enjoy wheeling, join GLFWDA and wheel with groups of different people and different friends all of the time.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:37 PM   #63
95geo
newbie
 
95geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: dryden
Posts: 5,777
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
There are 4,000 or so members here.

How many members in GLFWDA?

If half the members here were in GLFWDA @ $25 per year (thats what it was, what is it now?) That's $50,000 per year.
the last numbers i heard were around 250 @ $35 (and that includes united dues)

take $2500 right off the top for united dues and glfwda gets about 5k to work with

minus about 3k for insurance, a little for the bookdocker (quarterly publication) a little for food here and there, misc. others and there isnt any money to get things done.....
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM   #64
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

All I have to say is that we all need to let by gones be by gones. There has been interpersonal issues in the past but we shouldnt let that stand in the way of doing what is best for the sport.
Mike and I paid our dues even though we dont have anything wheelable. We dont have time to get out there and be active in the sport so sending in our money is definitely worthwhile. Also its not that much money. Some people talk about it like they are asking for a few thousand dollars every year.
We would like to see some trails open when Mike gets his jeep running. God knows how long that will be in the future. :miff:
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM   #65
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
the last numbers i heard were around 250 @ $35 (and that includes united dues)

take $2500 right off the top for united dues and glfwda gets about 5k to work with

minus about 3k for insurance, a little for the bookdocker (quarterly publication) a little for food here and there, misc. others and there isnt any money to get things done.....
$35 to try to help out seems like nothing......people pay $12 on here just to have a signature.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:33 PM   #66
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,756
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
$35 to try to help out seems like nothing......people pay $12 on here just to have a signature.
yeah, but there are only 5 or 6 hundred paid users here.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM   #67
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
yeah, but there are only 5 or 6 hundred paid users here.
and I am not one of them....lol

Even if 100 more members joined it would be that much more helpful. I don't wheel much anymore, and if I do its shotgun in my brothers rig, so I don't join GLFWDA or anything like it because I am just a casual wheeler at the most. Except on the web. But what I don't get is why people wouldn't support the folks that fight for everything that is wheeling here in Michigan? and nationally UFWDA?

What about Vendors who make their livelyhood off members here and other wheelers? Do they support GLFWDA?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:40 PM   #68
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,369
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default

Some yes, some no.

http://www.glfwda.org/asso-mem.html
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM   #69
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,756
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post

You know what GLFWDA needs, is someone who understands marketing.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:04 PM   #70
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,314
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
You know what GLFWDA needs, is someone who understands marketing.
Ding ding ding............A discussion for tonight.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:04 PM   #71
Lothos
KD8GKB
 
Lothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: .5 past lightspeed
Posts: 6,506
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Lothos Send a message via AIM to Lothos Send a message via Yahoo to Lothos
Default

Do not assume that $35 is a trivial amount of money. To some its all about having that $35 when its due. yes I know, those who are in this sport should have $35 to spare, but maybe just maybe that $35 is gas money for them to wheel one month. Trust me, I know of 2 people that couldn't afford the $35 and yet manage to repair their stuff out of junkyard trash and still manage to wheel for less than the $35.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM   #72
Timmy
Senior Member
 
Timmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-06
Location: Oxtucky
Posts: 1,004
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

They also need members. You look at the snowmobile group they have large numbers and have more clought with the DNR. While not saying any bad about either group, being GL4X4 or GLFWDA, we need to ban together under one name to gane more clought with the DNR. Which one would be right, I have no idea. More than what GLFWDA has already.

Just my 2 cents
Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:07 PM   #73
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,756
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothos View Post
Do not assume that $35 is a trivial amount of money. To some its all about having that $35 when its due. yes I know, those who are in this sport should have $35 to spare, but maybe just maybe that $35 is gas money for them to wheel one month. Trust me, I know of 2 people that couldn't afford the $35 and yet manage to repair their stuff out of junkyard trash and still manage to wheel for less than the $35.
I agree.

35 bucks is a nice junk of change for a donation for some people.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:08 PM   #74
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I agree.

35 bucks is a nice junk of change for a donation for some people.
Eh, most of you spent half that to drive to fenton this weekend and not wheel. The other half spent on beer that night......to wheel in the future, or to drink a beer and watch people wheel on a saturday?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:10 PM   #75
Lothos
KD8GKB
 
Lothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: .5 past lightspeed
Posts: 6,506
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Lothos Send a message via AIM to Lothos Send a message via Yahoo to Lothos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
Eh, most of you spent half that to drive to fenton this weekend and not wheel. The other half spent on beer that night......to wheel in the future, or to drink a beer and watch people wheel on a saturday?
Probably true. Just do not assume that that is the case of all the wheelers out there.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:16 PM   #76
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
All I have to say is that we all need to let by gones be by gones. There has been interpersonal issues in the past but we shouldnt let that stand in the way of doing what is best for the sport.
Mike and I paid our dues even though we dont have anything wheelable. We dont have time to get out there and be active in the sport so sending in our money is definitely worthwhile. Also its not that much money. Some people talk about it like they are asking for a few thousand dollars every year.
We would like to see some trails open when Mike gets his jeep running. God knows how long that will be in the future. :miff:
What evar happund to MTC?
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM   #77
Brian81CJ
Sellin' it all!
 
Brian81CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Allen Park
Posts: 573
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=46467
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=44919
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=38660

Those three threads have over 10,000 views between them, all deal with GLFWDA and not one thread has a negative post about them.

Only three posts that deal with GLFWDA?? I'm done!!
Brian81CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:28 PM   #78
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,756
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
Eh, most of you spent half that to drive to fenton this weekend and not wheel. The other half spent on beer that night......to wheel in the future, or to drink a beer and watch people wheel on a saturday?
If there was some way to show people that glfwda did x with your money and kept x open, it would probably be a little more financially sound with the new members paying their dues.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:28 PM   #79
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,756
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAir View Post
Only three posts that deal with GLFWDA?? I'm done!!
I just found t he first 3 threads with a search phrase of GLFWDA with a lot of posts.

Did you want more?

Those three posts have more views then all of the posts on glfwda combined.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM   #80
Lothos
KD8GKB
 
Lothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: .5 past lightspeed
Posts: 6,506
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Lothos Send a message via AIM to Lothos Send a message via Yahoo to Lothos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
If there was some way to show people that glfwda did x with your money and kept x open, it would probably be a little more financially sound with the new members paying their dues.
Yeah, I know a few people that came to a quarterly one time and saw the budget submissions written on napkins and whatnot there at the meeting that were basically guesses really turned them off. Bad first impression.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34327 seconds with 81 queries