Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Rig Builds and Pics Introduce your rig or post a buildup here.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #121
Quagmire
I can has layinframe
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: 48346
Posts: 5,037
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to Quagmire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey4506 View Post
isnt that the whole reason he is moving BOTH axles foward
yeah I get that, But all the weight will still be infront of the driver and the rear frame section behind the driver is gonna be damn short .

anyway with all the work he is doing he could have a nice 3link setup on the front and 112" wheelbase dunno???
__________________
Google first.....ask questions later
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Actually, the new rule of thumb is you should make your tires bulge slightly more then skooterbuilt when he's wearing his tight ladies pants
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #122
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
yeah I get that, But all the weight will still be infront of the driver and the rear frame section behind the driver is gonna be damn short .

anyway with all the work he is doing he could have a nice 3link setup on the front and 112" wheelbase dunno???
GOna have a fuel cell and a spare on the back as well.. Maybe that will help


Plus a whole pile of Pipe
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #123
Quagmire
I can has layinframe
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: 48346
Posts: 5,037
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to Quagmire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
GOna have a fuel cell and a spare on the back as well.. Maybe that will help


Plus a whole pile of Pipe
I'm sure it will I went and looked at the neighbors s10 and realised how damed long they are they are big in comparison to my wrangler
__________________
Google first.....ask questions later
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Actually, the new rule of thumb is you should make your tires bulge slightly more then skooterbuilt when he's wearing his tight ladies pants
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #124
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Got the rear end cut down and got the bumper back on.. Welder took a shit so we couldnt get the hangers on though.. its looking good. alos picked up my 38s that measure more like a 37 or 36 ...
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #125
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
SO I worked on this thing most of Friday night after work, Then Pyrowaves and i worked more on it Sat i decided to take a day to relax today..
Got the frame cut bumper partially welded on and picked up my 38's last night..

Dont look like much but it took a lot more work than i thought it would..
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #126
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,936
iTrader: (20)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
yeah I get that, But all the weight will still be infront of the driver and the rear frame section behind the driver is gonna be damn short .

anyway with all the work he is doing he could have a nice 3link setup on the front and 112" wheelbase dunno???

He muds not rock crawls

Come to our bogs and seew how crapy Shortened chevy trucks work:miff:

they are co good we even have our own new club

scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #127
comanche38
Senior Member
 
comanche38's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-24-06
Location: Highland, Mi.
Posts: 702
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
SO I worked on this thing most of Friday night after work, Then Pyrowaves and i worked more on it Sat i decided to take a day to relax today..
Got the frame cut bumper partially welded on and picked up my 38's last night..

Dont look like much but it took a lot more work than i thought it would..
Look cool, good project. Is there going to be enough clearence between the bumper ends and tire and axle and gas tank?
comanche38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #128
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,822
iTrader: (13)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
bumper ends are close... prob have to "modify" them. but thats easy enough.
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #129
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche38 View Post
Look cool, good project. Is there going to be enough clearence between the bumper ends and tire and axle and gas tank?
They're getting cut off and No im not a mud bogger.. I plan on going places like drummond and badlands with this..
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #130
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,936
iTrader: (20)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
They're getting cut off and No im not a mud bogger.. I plan on going places like drummond and badlands with this..
then stay away from got mud and the mounds
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #131
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblerman72 View Post
then stay away from got mud and the mounds
mounds is close.. I didnt wana drive down to indiana just to have the IFS Blow up.. and That dude from got mud is preatty into my truck so he likes to take pics and he emailed me the link that he posted there about my truck..
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #132
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,822
iTrader: (13)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
you know it could have been on the wheels this weekend. but noooo you had to go see some woman.:tonka: oh and if you had wheels for it i guess.. haha

Last edited by pyrowaves; October 12th, 2007 at 10:36 PM.
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #133
88mudder
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-06
Location: waterford michigan
Posts: 3,678
iTrader: (29)
Send a message via AIM to 88mudder Send a message via Skype™ to 88mudder
cool truck dude
88mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 12:22 AM   #134
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowaves View Post
you know it could have been on the wheels this weekend. but noooo you had to go see some woman.:tonka: oh and if you had wheels for it i guess.. haha
so you gona help me after halloween ??
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #135
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,822
iTrader: (13)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
so you gona help me after halloween ??
as long as i dont have plans i will. i woudla this weekend cuz i feel better. just get that bitch in the garage! haha
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #136
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,936
iTrader: (20)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
mounds is close.. I didnt wana drive down to indiana just to have the IFS Blow up.. and That dude from got mud is preatty into my truck so he likes to take pics and he emailed me the link that he posted there about my truck..

they arnt closed right now they only closed down during the state shut down or did i miss something
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #137
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,071
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblerman72 View Post
they arnt closed right now they only closed down during the state shut down or did i miss something
He is saying they are close in location (i.e. near by)
__________________
Come roll with us........
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #138
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,936
iTrader: (20)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
He is saying they are close in location (i.e. near by)
wow I can't read or spell
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM   #139
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
UPDATES !
been workin on this thing non stop it seems..
the rear suspension is done.. i put the S-10 rear axle back under it for now

Before:

AFTER:

Pyrowaves: working on his side

After couple hrs of torching NO griding yet
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM   #140
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
cut the rest of the Brackets and crossmember out tonight... started smoothing the frame also cut a bunch more sheet metal off the front !
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.19105 seconds with 51 queries