Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #21
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
Really? Do you KNOW that?

I don't,

But there are also the excuses as far as shipping the fuel, how far from a refinery we are, etc.
Bingo. Michigan is just generally more expensive for everything. Can you say union wages?
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:11 AM   #22
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,392
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

I havnt put gas in my truck in over 3 weeks.. tak about sticking it to the man !
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #23
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,301
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddinguy View Post
I havnt put gas in my truck in over 3 weeks.. tak about sticking it to the man !
I haven't put gas in My YJ in over 3 years :tonka:
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #24
STOGIE
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
 
STOGIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-06
Location: Standish, MI
Posts: 1,540
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudGrl View Post
Why does Michigan have to have some of the highest gas prices in the nation?
Because we have a granholm virus in our capitol......

If you leave a virus alone..... it only infects the rest of the area and makes things worse!
STOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #25
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,392
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandals View Post
I haven't put gas in My YJ in over 3 years :tonka:
Wow you're hardcore.. does it run on hopes and dreams ??
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #26
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,154
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Bingo. Michigan is just generally more expensive for everything. Can you say union wages?
Probably more that the refineries in Alma were shut down awhile back.... relating to higher transportation costs of the fuel to Michigan.

I think it's funny EVERYTHING is the unions fault to some people on here, while some of the stuff is, not ALL of it is.

I want to jump on the bandwagon too GAS PRICES SUCK, UNIONS SUCK, DOMESTICS SUCK, BUY A CAMRY :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw:

[/end sarcasm]
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #27
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,301
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddinguy View Post
Wow you're hardcore.. does it run on hopes and dreams ??
at this point not even that
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM   #28
Grandman
do i look old !
 
Grandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Branch Mi
Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

The things that tell me most of this shit is a scam .

Diesel at walmart $2.75 1/4 mile away at the BP where semis have to fuel $3.25 Hmm something seems a bit off dont it .

Gas here went up .40 in 4 days . Thats a little over your average inflation increase .

Regardless of the dollar amount as long as i can recall Gas has went up prior to major holidays , namely Memorial day which kicks off the summer travel . No mystery there is there !
Grandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #29
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,749
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandman View Post
The things that tell me most of this shit is a scam .

Diesel at walmart $2.75 1/4 mile away at the BP where semis have to fuel $3.25 Hmm something seems a bit off dont it .

Gas here went up .40 in 4 days . Thats a little over your average inflation increase .

Regardless of the dollar amount as long as i can recall Gas has went up prior to major holidays , namely Memorial day which kicks off the summer travel . No mystery there is there !
I hear you, I don't get pissed about the price, I get pissed about "random" or "holiday" price increases of 30 and 50 cents at a time, I also get pissed about gas dropping to nearly 2 bucks a gallon only to nearly double to 4 bucks a gallon months later?

That shit pisses me off, the general fact that supply is lower and demand is up and gas now costs more then a few years ago I will accept.....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #30
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
Really? Do you KNOW that?

I don't,

But there are also the excuses as far as shipping the fuel, how far from a refinery we are, etc.
Yes I know all any more questions
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #31
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,749
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj house View Post
Yes I know all any more questions
Nope thats all.

















































Actually I didn't feel like researching it and wondered if you really knew to see where we stacked up.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #32
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=UP_ROKTOY;553224]Nope thats all.

No I didn't do any research but if I recall it was around less than 30% of the total price but that was back when it was a dollar a gallon
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #33
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

:chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw:

Does anyone understand supply and demand?

Gas prices never made the news as they fell all winter long because of dwindling demand. Now that demand and the price is going up suddenly gas prices are big news.

If your budget is so tight that you can't afford gas in the summer, then you're living beyond your means.

3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #34
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Yes, I understand supply and demand extremely well. I trade energy and have a degree in economics. The current surge in gas prices has little to do with demand (other than increase in holiday traffic which will hit prices next week). The issue is on the supply side currently. May 1 kicks off emissions season. The tree hugger endorsed fuel blends are mandatory during the summer. Refineries have a tough time keeping up with their supply to the market because of all the different blends that are required in different states, cities, and regions. The rest of the year, they have very few different blends to produce and can keep their supply levels higher.

If people really want to make a difference, they would try to fight the restrictions on gas blends, smack the tree huggers that block the building of refineries, and force the government to allow drilling again in the US.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #35
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
Probably more that the refineries in Alma were shut down awhile back.... relating to higher transportation costs of the fuel to Michigan.

I think it's funny EVERYTHING is the unions fault to some people on here, while some of the stuff is, not ALL of it is.

I want to jump on the bandwagon too GAS PRICES SUCK, UNIONS SUCK, DOMESTICS SUCK, BUY A CAMRY :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw:

[/end sarcasm]
Of course everything bad is the union's fault. :tonka:
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #36
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Yes, I understand supply and demand extremely well. I trade energy and have a degree in economics. The current surge in gas prices has little to do with demand (other than increase in holiday traffic which will hit prices next week). The issue is on the supply side currently. May 1 kicks off emissions season. The tree hugger endorsed fuel blends are mandatory during the summer. Refineries have a tough time keeping up with their supply to the market because of all the different blends that are required in different states, cities, and regions. The rest of the year, they have very few different blends to produce and can keep their supply levels higher.

If people really want to make a difference, they would try to fight the restrictions on gas blends, smack the tree huggers that block the building of refineries, and force the government to allow drilling again in the US.

I stand corrected.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:26 AM   #37
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,749
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
:chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw:

Does anyone understand supply and demand?

Gas prices never made the news as they fell all winter long because of dwindling demand. Now that demand and the price is going up suddenly gas prices are big news.

If your budget is so tight that you can't afford gas in the summer, then you're living beyond your means.

Are you serious?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #38
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,154
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
:chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw:

Does anyone understand supply and demand?

Gas prices never made the news as they fell all winter long because of dwindling demand. Now that demand and the price is going up suddenly gas prices are big news.

If your budget is so tight that you can't afford gas in the summer, then you're living beyond your means.


My fuel bill has went from $50-75 every 2 weeks to $200+/2 weeks, no offense but that is bullshit. And that includes me not driving around town anymore, I use a moped with a milk crate on the back now and just take the ribbing I get from friends and family. My round trip commute is 62 miles in a company vehicle I am required to drive and put fuel in. Not everyone makes 50k+ a year and that isn't even much. When you make less then that it really hurts. Honestly I don't know how the people with lower wage jobs are even getting to work right now without MI having public transportation. People can only cut out so much. I don't want to hear any comparisons to Europe either... they pay higher taxes on the fuel, but have less taxes on other things, not to mention they have better public transportation, and get all the cool fuel efficient cars... it's NOT apples to apples.


I guess the only thing to come of it, was the owner of the company I work for was riding with me and complaining about gas prices, so much he has parked his Escalade and started driving a Saturn, So I told him my fuel bill in their truck... he he said we are going to get some more fuel efficient cars :tonka:

It's not living beyond your means, it's just trying to make a living...


Edit: I should just put I agree with UP_RokTOY lol its the F-in random jumps I cannot plan for that get me.

Last edited by jeepfreak81; May 17th, 2007 at 11:38 AM.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #39
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,749
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
My fuel bill has went from $50-75 every 2 weeks to $200+/2 weeks, no offense but that is bullshit. And that includes me not driving around town anymore, I use a moped with a milk crate on the back now and just take the ribbing I get from friends and family. My round trip commute is 62 miles in a company vehicle I am required to drive and put fuel in. Not everyone makes 50k+ a year and that isn't even much. When you make less then that it really hurts. Honestly I don't know how the people with lower wage jobs are even getting to work right now without MI having public transportation. People can only cut out so much. I don't want to hear any comparisons to Europe either... they pay higher taxes on the fuel, but have less taxes on other things, not to mention they have better public transportation, and get all the cool fuel efficient cars... it's NOT apples to apples.


I guess the only thing to come of it, was the owner of the company I work for was riding with me and complaining about gas prices, so much he has parked his Escalade and started driving a Saturn, So I told him my fuel bill in their truck... he he said we are going to get some more fuel efficient cars :tonka:

It's not living beyond your means, it's just trying to make a living...
Well stated. I have a 27 mile commute and will be strongly considering a gas beater here shortly for driving to and fro work
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #40
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
My fuel bill has went from $50-75 every 2 weeks to $200+/2 weeks, no offense but that is bullshit.
So you are saying that gas prices quadrupled recently? I haven't seen many gas stations would $7-8 gas lately. Either your driving has increased or your math skills have decreased.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24337 seconds with 50 queries