Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:34 AM   #21
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Why should it be the mother's RIGHT to kill? Isn't killing... WRONG?

If a pregnant woman gets killed it is a double murder in our court system today. Why the double standard?


There is no moral or logical foundation for abortion. None.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:44 AM   #22
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynerd View Post
You knew it was coming Dave....
...and that it would be okay 'cause it was in teh butt.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:47 AM   #23
wynerd
Senior Member
 
wynerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 283
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Why should it be the mother's RIGHT to kill? Isn't killing... WRONG?

If a pregnant woman gets killed it is a double murder in our court system today. Why the double standard?
If killing is wrong then why are you getting a gun to "protect" your family? Why not get a baseball bat, or a taser, or an alarm system, or set bear traps by every door and window?
wynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:54 AM   #24
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynerd View Post
If killing is wrong then why are you getting a gun to "protect" your family? Why not get a baseball bat, or a taser, or an alarm system, or set bear traps by every door and window?
I think it is more of a "Killing the innocent is wrong", and someone breaking into your house while you're ther isn't innocent.

Besides, you can always shoot to disable, but you're likely to be sued by the guy breaking in. I've had several police officers tell me it's best if there's only "one side" of the story...
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:55 AM   #25
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynerd View Post
If killing is wrong then why are you getting a gun to "protect" your family? Why not get a baseball bat, or a taser, or an alarm system, or set bear traps by every door and window?
There is a BIG, and I mean HUGE difference between self defence during emminant danger (a guilty criminal), and outright murder (slaughtering the innocent).

If someone is in my home with a gun, and he is not running away, I am absolutely going to shoot him. Whether or not he dies is not my concern; there is both emminant danger, AND a guilty party. Abortion is not even on the same playing field for one main reason: INNOCENCE! How can we, as a nation, slaughter innocent people!?
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:00 PM   #26
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
HA!

I Can read Dave's mind!!!

(he does not want teb buttsecks)
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:01 PM   #27
wynerd
Senior Member
 
wynerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 283
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
There is a BIG, and I mean HUGE difference between self defence during emminant danger (a guilty criminal), and outright murder (slaughtering the innocent).If someone is in my home with a gun, and he is not running away, I am absolutely going to shoot him. Whether or not he dies is not my concern. There is both emminant danger, AND a guilty party.
Still one of God's creatures though right? Thou shalt not kill? Love thy neighbor? Chances are the dude is there to steal some stuff so he can sell it to get money for crack, not to harm you or the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Abortion is not even on the same playing field for one main reason: INNOCENCE
Let's get down to some figures here, if some dude steals anything and everything from your home, he may get what $50K-75K worth of stuff? Assuming you're pretty well off.

The average cost of raising a child up to the age of 18 is $86K. Then factor in a car, college, etc. and you're pushing $200K.

I'd rather get robbed.
wynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:02 PM   #28
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
scooter is so wisz, in so many wayz.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:03 PM   #29
wynerd
Senior Member
 
wynerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 283
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Besides, you can always shoot to disable, but you're likely to be sued by the guy breaking in. I've had several police officers tell me it's best if there's only "one side" of the story...
I still like my bear trap ploy....
wynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM   #30
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynerd View Post
Still one of God's creatures though right? Thou shalt not kill? Love thy neighbor? Chances are the dude is there to steal some stuff so he can sell it to get money for crack, not to harm you or the family.
Unfortunately, it is not that simple. One of my neighbors was recently beat and raped, then left for dead. Found unconcious almost two days later. She lived, but barely. It's not always for crack, get real.

I have posted in the other thread about capitol punishment. Yeah, it does say in the ten commandments not to murder, but is self defence murder? I don't think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynerd View Post
Let's get down to some figures here, if some dude steals anything and everything from your home, he may get what $50K-75K worth of stuff? Assuming you're pretty well off.

The average cost of raising a child up to the age of 18 is $86K. Then factor in a car, college, etc. and you're pushing $200K.

I'd rather get robbed.
If someone robs me, they would be lucky to get 5k worth of stuff, I don't have much, lol
What was your point exactly?

So if you are home and someone breaks in, you gonna cower in the corner and leave your family in harm's way? That's not gonna be me!
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM   #31
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynerd View Post
I still like my bear trap ploy....
The associated sounds would be totally awesome.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:08 PM   #32
wynerd
Senior Member
 
wynerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 283
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
What was your point exactly?
Cheaper to get robbed than have a baby.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
So if you are home and someone breaks in, you gonna cower in the corner and leave your family in harm's way?
beartrap + phone call to Scooter + locked room - lube = justice
wynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:13 PM   #33
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynerd View Post
Cheaper to get robbed than have a baby.




beartrap + phone call to Scooter + locked room - lube = justice
You forgot "combination sandpaper / cheesegrater condom".
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:13 PM   #34
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Why should it be the mother's RIGHT to kill? Isn't killing... WRONG?

If a pregnant woman gets killed it is a double murder in our court system today. Why the double standard?


There is no moral or logical foundation for abortion. None.


The real issue with this whole abortion debate is, "is the baby a living human?"

If it is, then is it OK to kill this human before it is born? I think we would all agree that it is wrong and immoral to kill another defensless, innocent human.

Take the mom right out of the equation. Thats just emotional BS that is used to cloud the issue. The real question is "is the baby living inside a human or not?"

That is the real underlying issue
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM   #35
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
yes, and it absolutely is.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:18 PM   #36
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
and everyone who has had a baby, knows it's a baby before it is born, it just happens to be small and needing more time to develop.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:38 PM   #37
Miffy
Senior Member
 
Miffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: My home
Posts: 5,824
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Miffy
we see on the same eye with this one Dave...
Miffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:44 PM   #38
Mongo
.
 
Mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-06
Location: Fenton
Posts: 8,042
iTrader: (6)
So for every 30 abortions, we get another ?
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #39
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (2)
abortions are just another way for people to not take responsibility for their actions. if you dont want to have a baby, dont have sex. simple as that.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20991 seconds with 48 queries