I'm a Reader's Ride in Peterson's - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The recycle bin. Posts deemed annoying. If you see your post here, take a hint.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #41
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey4506 View Post
do the back doors even open up on that thing

Of course the back doors open up on "that thing".

Maybe you can check it out yourself when it is in Ignace as a Feature Vehicle this year.

Anthony
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #42
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlipp View Post
would you like one???


And yes, I would love one. Thanks for asking.

Anthony
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:07 AM   #43
mtxbigtruckin
Wheelin' Since Birth
 
mtxbigtruckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-06
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 707
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

How about from the Wolverine Truck Show Last Year:

mtxbigtruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #44
djlipp
998,999,1000
 
djlipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Midland MI
Posts: 1,084
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
And yes, I would love one. Thanks for asking.

Anthony
The point I was trying to make is this all seems like shameless self promotion, as in YOUR vehicle is in Petersons because YOU sent them a letter because YOU wanted to see it in the magazine. The girl that works at McDonalds down the road has had her Z71 with every Auto Zone piece of shit accessory on it has been in Petersons readers rides because SHE sent them a letter.

Now if you were at a jamboree, and they spotted your rig and thought it was worthy of being published that would be a different story all together.
(end rant)

Have a nice day:miff:
djlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #45
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxbigtruckin View Post
How about from the Wolverine Truck Show Last Year:


And believe me we are trying to get it done by the time the Wolverine Truck Show goes on. But that leaves us about a month to get it all done.

I will probably still be there with or with out the Jeep since I will be on the Magnets from being "People's Choice" last year.

Great pic. I will add it to my library. If you have any more from the whole show could you please send them to:

EMAIL ADDY

Thanks,
Anthony
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #46
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlipp View Post
The point I was trying to make is this all seems like shameless self promotion, as in YOUR vehicle is in Petersons because YOU sent them a letter because YOU wanted to see it in the magazine. The girl that works at McDonalds down the road has had her Z71 with every Auto Zone piece of shit accessory on it has been in Petersons readers rides because SHE sent them a letter.

Now if you were at a jamboree, and they spotted your rig and thought it was worthy of being published that would be a different story all together.
(end rant)

Have a nice day:miff:

And I agree with you. I was only sharing that it was in the mag. We all know how one gets to be a "Reader's Ride".

I was also being sarcastic about saying "I would love one" (cookie) as I know you were being sarcastic. I am a very easy person to get a long with.

As for Peterson's, they are supposed to be doing a feature on the HEMI swap soon, that is what promted this whole "Reader's Rides" thing. Someone there had heard about my swap or saw it on Car Domain or what ever, and asked for pics. When they received them they asked if I wouldn't mind being a "Reader's Ride". Of course I said no I wouldn't mind. Hence where we are now.

For the record, at no time did I take you comments as being malicious or hurtfull. I thought you were being funny. Thanks for the heads up though. It is appreciated.

(end of both rants) I think.......

Anthony
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #47
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,144
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

So is this a show truck?

djlipp...agreed
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #48
Bones
skillicous
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI
Posts: 11,466
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bones
Default

I want some cookies too
__________________
Inviscid Motorsports

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #49
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
So is this a show truck?

djlipp...agreed

It was built for function but if it sees a couple of shows then so be it.

We will see where it takes me.

But keep in mind I am not worried about getting it dirty or scratched on the trails or dented on the rocks. I just don't want to total it if I happen to roll over on the trail or a rock climb.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Anthony
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #50
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,545
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
I just don't want to total it if I happen to roll over on the trail or a rock climb.
So the exo is for looks, and not function?

Either way, you don't see jeeps done like very often, and its cool to have something different.

Do you ever get pulled over by the weigh master for over exceeding legal load limits? :tonka:
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #51
XJeeper
misfit
 
XJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-24-06
Location: White Lake, MI.
Posts: 481
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
I just don't want to total it if I happen to roll over on the trail or a rock climb.


Anthony

.... or on the express way.

My "personal" opinion of your vehicle is, that it sucks! Youve successfully dumped anouther thousand pounds of tube onto an alreadty fat-ass truck. then... Im sure youve spent thousands on suspension and axles that, I have no doubt will snap and pop at a single blip of your super sweet Hemi.... If, infact, that motor swap ever comes to an end.
In short, youve spent the money and time on this vehicle in all the wrong places. If you stick to being a web wheeling momo your vehicle will look flashy and impress children under 10 years of age, and you will be happy. I guess thats all that matters in the end. Id probably put some warning stickers on it though... as Id hate to see a child get squished while crawling under the ZJ to get a better view of the booger welds and sweet fab work
XJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #52
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,144
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

oh snap
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #53
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Oh this is fun.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #54
Bones
skillicous
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI
Posts: 11,466
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bones
Default

I want a cookie
__________________
Inviscid Motorsports

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #55
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJeeper View Post
.... or on the express way.

My "personal" opinion of your vehicle is, that it sucks! Youve successfully dumped anouther thousand pounds of tube onto an alreadty fat-ass truck. then... Im sure youve spent thousands on suspension and axles that, I have no doubt will snap and pop at a single blip of your super sweet Hemi.... If, infact, that motor swap ever comes to an end.
In short, youve spent the money and time on this vehicle in all the wrong places. If you stick to being a web wheeling momo your vehicle will look flashy and impress children under 10 years of age, and you will be happy. I guess thats all that matters in the end. Id probably put some warning stickers on it though... as Id hate to see a child get squished while crawling under the ZJ to get a better view of the booger welds and sweet fab work

So now you have not only attacked me personally, but you are attacking the individuals that:

A: built the axels in the first place
B: built the Exo-Cage
C: fabbed the whole thing
D: is doing the work now
E: etc. etc.

So tell us how you really feel. I guess you don't leave anybody out in your rants do you?!?!?!

And since you are an expert on spending money, show us your ride, and don't leave out any details on where you spent all this money at to be better than mine.

Unless all of your money goes into your cable modem fund to keep your web wheelin' ars behind a desk and not on the trails.

It is amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert on everything over the internet. I know where I am going to go to get my advice from now on. How much do you charge? Maybe I can continue to throw away my money (as you so delicately put it) on you too!?!?!?!

Then maybe you wouldn't have anything to rant about. Great life you lead there. I hope all of your fans get a kick out of this as much as I am.
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #56
djlipp
998,999,1000
 
djlipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Midland MI
Posts: 1,084
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I want a cookie
djlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #57
drummond
MTU 4x4
 
drummond's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 1,406
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

oh my
drummond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #58
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,144
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
So now you have not only attacked me personally, but you are attacking the individuals that:

A: built the axels in the first place
B: built the Exo-Cage
C: fabbed the whole thing
D: is doing the work now
E: etc. etc.

So tell us how you really feel. I guess you don't leave anybody out in your rants do you?!?!?!

And since you are an expert on spending money, show us your ride, and don't leave out any details on where you spent all this money at to be better than mine.

Unless all of your money goes into your cable modem fund to keep your web wheelin' ars behind a desk and not on the trails.

It is amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert on everything over the internet. I know where I am going to go to get my advice from now on. How much do you charge? Maybe I can continue to throw away my money (as you so delicately put it) on you too!?!?!?!

Then maybe you wouldn't have anything to rant about. Great life you lead there. I hope all of your fans get a kick out of this as much as I am.
That or maybe you are finally realizing people think you are a douchebag since you put an attention whore post up and got what you asked for? OPINIONS
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:26 PM   #59
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin
 
hosejockey4506's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: fenton
Posts: 8,789
iTrader: (42)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
Of course the back doors open up on "that thing".

Maybe you can check it out yourself when it is in Ignace as a Feature Vehicle this year.

Anthony
oh ok i had just seen it at tjo and was pretty sure this was the same jeep that was made fun of by all of them for not being to open the rear doors far enough to get in.

maybe it was the other exo caged 8 baller jeep. got any pics of the hemi swap.
__________________
one of Michigans 99% er club.
hosejockey4506 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #60
Toncomb
Senior Member
 
Toncomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 2,344
iTrader: (45)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Click image for larger version

Name:	awesomemotivational.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	8616
Toncomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31812 seconds with 81 queries