Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #61
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
Ok Dave.. for your childrens sake I am going to try to show you why childhood can be a great joy if you are allowed to belive in Santa, Easter Bunny etc..

I have half Brother and Sister that were raised as you speak to know the truth. Well they ended up resenting there parents and felt cheated out of there childhood because there parents did not let them belive as all the other children did. They did not have childhood friendships when they told the other children that they did not belive and Santa and the Easter Bunny did not visit them. In there teens they turned away from the Church and there parents.

Just a heads up for you, and if you choose to keep your way of thinking in 15 years and this happens with your children just recall how all of us tried to help you see the light of humanity and the right of free thinking.

I will Pray for you and your children..
So let me get this straight. If I don't teach my kids about a fake entity, they will never believe in the real deal? Just because your siblings walked away from Christ, it does not mean that all will. Good friends of my wife and I have five year old twins. They decided to tell their kids that Santa was make believe, and they explained that it is a fun thing to participate in, but it is not actually real. They are also told who IS real, Jesus. They are fine kids, and they are not disturbed in their life. They pray to Jesus every night, and they know the truth. I have serious doubts that they will reject the faith purely on the grounds that their parents aknowledged what is real and what is fake. If your siblings walked away, there was more involved than a lack of santa in their life.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #62
MiniJ
Senior Member
 
MiniJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-17-06
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
3 generations from now people would start worshiping a giant chocolate bunny

April is Chocolate Eater's Month...so that might be appropriate
MiniJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #63
MiniJ
Senior Member
 
MiniJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-17-06
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
They are also told who IS real, Jesus.
who says? I don't think the Buddhists, Jews or Muslims would agree with you on this...

He may have been a real person, but to them, he was just another human being who walked on earth, but wasn't the son of God that you believe him to be.

not slamming you, just stating a point. You can't make broad statements like that, because there are other people in this world who have been brought up differently. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, just saying there are differences that need to be respected.
MiniJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #64
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce228 View Post
Dave. In your view. I am not going to get in a battle here, but the thing that irritates me enough is that some christians so blindly believe that they refuse to accept that perhaps thier views are actually the wrong. And no, im not talking the easter bunny as much as the whole Idol thing in general. Who has the right to say that your god is or isn't the idol here?
Sorry, but the definition you posted seemed to line up spot on, and I just added a line to be funny. Don't we do that every day on this board?

Have I told you that your beliefs are wrong? No. Have I told you not to dress up in a bunny costume? No. I am, however, asking questions and giving comments on a topic that intrigued me. If you want to dialouge on them, please do.

Oh, and if I am the blind one and the wrong one, then who are you to tell that to me? Would that not make you the same person you are accusing me of being?

This is not a who is right and wrong game. This is a discussion on teh bunny.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #65
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,293
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
So let me get this straight. If I don't teach my kids about a fake entity, they will never believe in the real deal?

Its kinda funny you say this. I am so anti-church now for two reasons:

1. I was forced to go to church when I was younger, even though I was smart enough to realize what church was.

2. The thought of my parents making me learn about some guy made up in an old book makes me sick.


Easter is easter because of the bunny, not because of some made up person dying and defying physics.

Keep the bunny, lose the church.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #66
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,556
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Have I told you that your beliefs are wrong? No.
This is not a who is right and wrong game. This is a discussion on teh bunny.

The way you live your life is on the premise that you are right and those who don't believe as you do are wrong. That is the core of every religion.

THAT is my biggest problem with organized religion. That is why throughout history, millions are slaughtered the name of the god of the month.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #67
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,293
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
That is why throughout history, millions are slaughtered the name of the god of the month.
Jesus is the reason!!!!!!!!!!! :tonka: :tonka:


__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #68
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniJ View Post
who says? I don't think the Buddhists, Jews or Muslims would agree with you on this...

He may have been a real person, but to them, he was just another human being who walked on earth, but wasn't the son of God that you believe him to be.

not slamming you, just stating a point. You can't make broad statements like that, because there are other people in this world who have been brought up differently. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, just saying there are differences that need to be respected.
If you were a gambling man, and someone asked you to place your net worth on santa being real, or Jesus being real, how would you place that bet?

Don't make this into a different debate. We are discussing a CHRISTIAN holiday. Those who celebrate Easter not only believe in Jesus, but they celebrate his resurrection from the dead. So if you don't want to discuss Jesus and Easter, hit the back button.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #69
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Its kinda funny you say this. I am so anti-church now for two reasons:

1. I was forced to go to church when I was younger, even though I was smart enough to realize what church was.

2. The thought of my parents making me learn about some guy made up in an old book makes me sick.


Easter is easter because of the bunny, not because of some made up person dying and defying physics.

Keep the bunny, lose the church.
Kelly, are you serious? Should I take you seriously?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #70
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
The way you live your life is on the premise that you are right and those who don't believe as you do are wrong. That is the core of every religion.

THAT is my biggest problem with organized religion. That is why throughout history, millions are slaughtered the name of the god of the month.
This is not about the validity of organized religion, this is about celebrating a christian holiday.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #71
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,293
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Kelly, are you serious? Should I take you seriously?



I think we should keep easter and christmas just like they are. Except for me, I enjoy spending time with the family and friends, and not going to church. I'm sure Jesus would be cool with that.

The churchys can go to church, and the easterbunny people can hide eggs for the kids. Everyone has a great day and hangs out with the family.





:tonka: The only jesus I worship is this jesus. :tonka: well on a human, not an animal

__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:10 AM   #72
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post


I think we should keep easter and christmas just like they are. Except for me, I enjoy spending time with the family and friends, and not going to church. I'm sure Jesus would be cool with that.

The churchys can go to church, and the easterbunny people can hide eggs for the kids. Everyone has a great day and hangs out with the family.





:tonka: The only jesus I worship is this jesus. :tonka: well on a human, not an animal

i think that picture gave me a seizure.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #73
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,556
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
This is not about the validity of organized religion, this is about celebrating a christian holiday.
The issue is that its a SECULAR holiday, too. You want to whine that we stole it, corrupted it? So what. Thats what the christians did before we did.

I whine because half this board is a bunch of faggots that buy Jeeps and pay people to bolt shit on for them so they can drive to malls and join DMJC. Does anyone care? No, because thats the will of the masses. Society wants to be bolt-on fags.

The will of the masses is that Easter and Christmas are both religious and secular. If you don't like it, tough.

Christians from 100 years ago, 200 years ago, 300 years ago, they'd tell you how YOU have perverted your religion. Because it changes. Everything changes. Deal with it.


Man, the world woudl be so much better without all the hate-filled religious folks. I tells ya.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #74
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,655
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
The issue is that its a SECULAR holiday, too. You want to whine that we stole it, corrupted it? So what. Thats what the christians did before we did.

I whine because half this board is a bunch of faggots that buy Jeeps and pay people to bolt shit on for them so they can drive to malls and join DMJC. Does anyone care? No, because thats the will of the masses. Society wants to be bolt-on fags.

The will of the masses is that Easter and Christmas are both religious and secular. If you don't like it, tough.

Christians from 100 years ago, 200 years ago, 300 years ago, they'd tell you how YOU have perverted your religion. Because it changes. Everything changes. Deal with it.


Man, the world woudl be so much better without all the hate-filled religious folks. I tells ya.
HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #75
wynerd
Senior Member
 
wynerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 283
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post

Christmas is about Jesus. Easter is about Jesus.
2 Holidays eh? Jesus sounds kinda greedy. Martin Luther King Jr. only gets one day. So Jesus thinks he's better than MLK. That makes Jesus racist too.

bah
wynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #76
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,293
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
The issue is that its a SECULAR holiday, too. You want to whine that we stole it, corrupted it? So what. Thats what the christians did before we did.

I whine because half this board is a bunch of faggots that buy Jeeps and pay people to bolt shit on for them so they can drive to malls and join DMJC. Does anyone care? No, because thats the will of the masses. Society wants to be bolt-on fags.

The will of the masses is that Easter and Christmas are both religious and secular. If you don't like it, tough.

Christians from 100 years ago, 200 years ago, 300 years ago, they'd tell you how YOU have perverted your religion. Because it changes. Everything changes. Deal with it.


Man, the world woudl be so much better without all the blacks. I tells ya.
fixed

:tonka:
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #77
MiniJ
Senior Member
 
MiniJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-17-06
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
The issue is that its a SECULAR holiday, too. You want to whine that we stole it, corrupted it? So what. Thats what the christians did before we did.

The will of the masses is that Easter and Christmas are both religious and secular. If you don't like it, tough.

Christians from 100 years ago, 200 years ago, 300 years ago, they'd tell you how YOU have perverted your religion. Because it changes. Everything changes. Deal with it.
I agree...Christians took over two earthen-celebrations and now whine they have turned Secular again. What gives? And what's wrong with combining them and celebrating them together in remembrance of the original history behind them???
MiniJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #78
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,556
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
fixed

:tonka:
good catch
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #79
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,556
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I vote we have a meet and greet for a public stoning of Dave Kerwin.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #80
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,293
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
I vote we have a meet and greet for a public stoning of Dave Kerwin.
Write up a book tonight.

Tomorrow preach

friday we will follow

saturday we kill
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.27498 seconds with 51 queries