Is the Bunny a problum for you? - Page 13 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 13th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #241
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Historians of the day wrote about all the hype, the testimonies of eye witnesses, etc. And these are secular historians, not bible writers. Would you like to know their names and when they lived?
yes
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #242
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I need to look up the exact names and spelling and dates, you will have to give me some time, I am about to lose my internet connection, and then I got some stuff tonight and tomorrow keepin me busy, but I will follow up with this.

I figured you would say yes. And I promise not to push BS on ya.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #243
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
I need to look up the exact names and spelling and dates, you will have to give me some time, I am about to lose my internet connection, and then I got some stuff tonight and tomorrow keepin me busy, but I will follow up with this.

I figured you would say yes. And I promise not to push BS on ya.
thank you
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #244
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

tell me what you think of this: http://www.rationalchristianity.net/jesus_extrabib.html
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #245
IrishChef
Comfortably Numb
 
IrishChef's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-06
Location: Norway, MI.
Posts: 743
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

My Dad told me that Easter was when Jesus came out of his cave, and if he saw his shadow there were six more weeks of Lent. Was I lied to?
__________________
"Strange women lying in ponds and distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."
IrishChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #246
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
I think children should question what their parents tell them. If they don't ever question what they are told, they will most likely become mindless followers who do the bidding of others without question.

Let them think for themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Then shame on the parents that mislead their children. And if you think this world would be a better place the LESS children trust their parents, then I don't know what to say. Get real.
Wait Dave, Read it again. I never said children should mistrust their parents or that parents should mislead their children.

What I was saying, maybe poorly, was that I think it is better to have one's child be exposed to every point of view and then come to their own conclusions; to think for themselves. If your confident as a parent, in your beliefs then you should be confident in your children to come to the same conclusions that you did. Someone forcing their views on their children without consideration for any other point of view seems to smack of insecurity of one's beliefs.

As an example, instead of using religion, I'll use politics....
I'll still love my children, even if they become . I just hope to teach them enough about individualism, liberty, personal responsibility, socialism, communism, free markets, rule of law, etc, etc....then once they are educated in the basics, let them decide which way to vote. I am confident that once they know how things work that they will come to the same conclusion that I have, that are destroying liberty.

That is real.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #247
STOGIE
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
 
STOGIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-06
Location: Standish, MI
Posts: 1,540
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChef View Post
My Dad told me that Easter was when Jesus came out of his cave, and if he saw his shadow there were six more weeks of Lent. Was I lied to?


STOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #248
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
Wait Dave, Read it again. I never said children should mistrust their parents or that parents should mislead their children.

What I was saying, maybe poorly, was that I think it is better to have one's child be exposed to every point of view and then come to their own conclusions; to think for themselves. If your confident as a parent, in your beliefs then you should be confident in your children to come to the same conclusions that you did. Someone forcing their views on their children without consideration for any other point of view seems to smack of insecurity of one's beliefs.

As an example, instead of using religion, I'll use politics....
I'll still love my children, even if they become . I just hope to teach them enough about individualism, liberty, personal responsibility, socialism, communism, free markets, rule of law, etc, etc....then once they are educated in the basics, let them decide which way to vote. I am confident that once they know how things work that they will come to the same conclusion that I have, that are destroying liberty.

That is real.
Ok, so you will teach your child contradictions and hope they gain enough understanding in the middle of sheer confusion to live a life of whatever, regardless of its moral direction?

I think what you are saying it utterly absurd. If you don't give your child a moral compass, then you are not showing them love. I am not suggesting that you force something on them, shoot... THEY ARE KIDS! When a child does something wrong, YOU CORRECT THEM, you don't tell them that some people decide to lie and that is ok, if that is their choice. YOU ARE THE PARENT, YOU SET THE RULES. If you run a home without firm rules, the child will rule over you and the child will run the home.

I think the spirit in which you are presenting this thought is well intended, but it does not work.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #249
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Ok, so you will teach your child contradictions and hope they gain enough understanding in the middle of sheer confusion to live a life of whatever, regardless of its moral direction?

I think what you are saying it utterly absurd. If you don't give your child a moral compass, then you are not showing them love. I am not suggesting that you force something on them, shoot... THEY ARE KIDS! When a child does something wrong, YOU CORRECT THEM, you don't tell them that some people decide to lie and that is ok, if that is their choice. YOU ARE THE PARENT, YOU SET THE RULES. If you run a home without firm rules, the child will rule over you and the child will run the home.

I think the spirit in which you are presenting this thought is well intended, but it does not work.
I didn't expect you'd agree with me, I just wanted to clarify my stance.

I wasn't talking about teaching morals to my children or anything about setting rules etc.

The subject is telling them something is true when it is false(easter bunny) or can't be proven to be true(God). I won't lie to them about the E.B., but on something that can't be proven 100% there is no lie or truth to tell. That's where it gets interesting....

A good example is the 6000 y.o earth vs. the 4.6 bil. y.o earth. Many people will teach their kids only one of these ideas. I won't go into that debate, that's another topic. My point is that, when the time comes, I will tell my child that both view points exist and the reasons that support both view points. If they ask, I'll tell them what I believe and why I believe it. I Hope the child will come to the conclusion that I have come to because it makes the most sense based on logic and the facts that are available. If not, well at least we can have a good debate about it. Maybe the kid will see something I don't see.

That works fine for me.

Cheers
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #250
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Thanks for clarifying further, I understand what you mean now. Sorry for jumpin on ya.

With spiritual mattes, let them make their mind up, but you can't teach them that God exists and does not exist at the same time. Or that God's name is Jesus AND allah at the same time.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #251
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,796
iTrader: (58)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin View Post
Thanks for clarifying further, I understand what you mean now. Sorry for jumpin on ya.

With spiritual mattes, let them make their mind up, but you can't teach them that God exists and does not exist at the same time. Or that God's name is Jesus AND allah at the same time.
Wait, God's name is Jesus?

Man, I've had it wrong all these years...
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #252
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,796
iTrader: (58)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Wow, I haven't visited this thread in days. I can't believe its still going.

People, can't we just let it go? Kerwin is butthurt over being lied to about teh big bad bunny as a kid, subconciously hates his parents, ran off to marry jesus, now leads the fight to destroy false idols.

At least thats what i'm teaching my son...
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #253
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Wow, I haven't visited this thread in days. I can't believe its still going.

People, can't we just let it go? Kerwin is butthurt over being lied to about teh big bad bunny as a kid, subconciously hates his parents, ran off to marry jesus, now leads the fight to destroy false idols.

At least thats what i'm teaching my son...
actually my Mom never told us the easter bunny visited, but she did say mr.claus did. Naw, nothing but love for my mama. Marry Jesus? Well the church IS called the bride of Christ, so you may be on to something there.

it keeps going because some folks like to talk about it, stop reading you hag!
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #254
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Wait, God's name is Jesus?

Man, I've had it wrong all these years...
And that's just the beginning. You got a lot to learn brah.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #255
Miffy
Senior Member
 
Miffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: My home
Posts: 5,826
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Miffy
Default

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2020165327

Be carfull Dave...
Miffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.37392 seconds with 66 queries