|March 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM||#1|
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
School me on search engines
How do they work, and how do I get them to pull up a page I built?
I added several meta tags in the index.htm file, but nothing will pull it up.
The site is www.easyhandlingcompany.com
It is a frames page, so would that be causing the issue? I was thinking I might need to put the meta tags on every page.
|March 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM||#2|
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click (PPC)
The topic of search engine optimization and pay-per-click is very broad and would difficult to teach you in a short amount of time. Here's what I know based upon my job as Interactive Strategist for a company that works with Fortune 500 firms (I'll give you resource leads that may work with smaller or mid-sized firms locally at the end).
Search Engine Optimization involves more than just meta-tags.
My assumption is that you want your site to be found by the major search engine using organic search (as opposed to sponsored pay-per-click ads). What you really are looking for is "getting on page 1." You must do the following and monitor over many months and optimize (e.g. perform A/B testing comparing one word, or phrase, or copy against another).
1. Select targeted key words and phrases (probably no more than 40).
2. Create Meta-Tags within the HTML of every page that produce relevant descriptions and keyword search terms of the content on your page.
3. Create search friendly folder and file terms that can by found by Search Engine Spiders.
4. Submit your site map to Yahoo and E-Bay as an XML file. Thus, will know where to search and what to search in your site.
5. Implement Header Tags on Each Page (pertaining to describe each page with a good description in sentence form).
6. All pictures and graphics should include Image Alt Tags to provide a description for each picture. This helps search engines find your pictures and provides yet another potential link into your site.
7. All of this, to succeed and get to Page 1, requires a bit of an ongoing effort. You can expect to make progress over time. . . just don't expect to be on Page 1 with out an ongoing effort.
Locally, in Ann Arbor, the folks at http://www.purevisibility.com/ could potentially help your firm out if you are looking to hire someone.
Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you want more information.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|