Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Haggar's Toyota project

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Haggar 
#1 · (Edited)
Haggar's 1985 Toyota Xtra Cab pickup

Here's my Toyota that I've just completed Phase 1 of the buildup..

:swampjeep:

1983 Toyota Longbed (extensively modified frame)
1985 XTra cab
Toyota solid 8" axles front rear with 4.10 gears
36x12.5 Swamper SXs, 15x8" steel rims, 1.5" wheel spacers
Rear springs up front, chevy 1/2 ton springs in the rear
13" travel shocks all around
Altered wheelbase 108" (front axle 2" forward, rear axle 4" forward)
22R (2.4 liter 4 cyl) with Weber 38 & downey header/flowmaster
L52 5-speed
Marlin Crawler Dual T-case with 2.28:1 low range in both cases
Square front driveshaft, sch 40 rear shaft
Marlin Crawler 26" brake lines
Marlin Crawler Hi steer setup with 1.25" x 0.250" wall DOM links

Ground clearance is maximized wherever possible. The u-bolts are flipped to have less hanging down, all shock mounts are on top of the axle. The stock crossmember was removed and replaced with a custom hi clearance model, also with raising the T-case 1". Gas tank was relocated above the fuel rails.

I have about 23-24" of clearance at the T-case under the belly.

Overall length is the same as an XJ cherokee, for scale.

Phase two I will finish the flatbed, bend up a front bumper to house my 12,000lb milemarker, built my spare axles with rear discs, shaved housings, 4:30 gears with front Aussie/Rear Welded, bodywork and paint, etc..

See less See more
#6 ·
Hmm, not quite that fast, but pretty quick.. maybe 2 months working on it. I owe my wife big time, I was out in the garage every night for quite a while.

Now that I have some breathing room, I'll try to document the whole buildup in the toyota section, and the things I'm doing for phase 2 of the build.

I just bought the materials to build a set of tubular rocker guards, and a full winch bumper/brush guard as well. Hopefully all those will be done over the holiday break.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.