Who's your next President - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
View Poll Results: Who's your next President?
Hillary Rodham Clinton(D) 9 18.37%
John McCain(R) 15 30.61%
Barack Obama(D) 4 8.16%
Mitt Romney(R) 0 0%
John Edwards(D) 2 4.08%
Rudy Giuliani(R) 15 30.61%
Al Gore(D) 3 6.12%
Newt Gingrich(R) 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #61
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
That my be but I believe that if Al Gore was in office there would not have been a 9/11
I was about to ask what you think Gore would have done to stop it then I remembered that you're an idiot.
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #62
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
That my be but I believe that if Al Gore was in office there would not have been a 9/11
Must be exam-induced stress, because you're better than that.

And the first attempt during Bubba's administration? The plans for 9/11 were laid before Dubya's inaugaration in January.

And let me guess, if we elect a liberal , Al-Quaeda will just pack it in and Osama will turn himself over...
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #63
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Must be exam-induced stress, because you're better than that.

And the first attempt during Bubba's administration? The plans for 9/11 were laid before Dubya's inaugaration in January.

And let me guess, if we elect a liberal , Al-Quaeda will just pack it in and Osama will turn himself over...
Al-Queada doesn't have the capabilities to pull off an attack such as 9/11. The reason they haven't pulled another in 5 years is for the same reason. They can't do it. So if Gore would have been in office then NO, 9/11 would not have happened since he wouldn't have attacked the US, or so I feel that he wouldn't have attacked the US.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #64
Grumpy1
Senior Member
 
Grumpy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Berkley
Posts: 892
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Your either the worlds most naive person or the stupidest. I vote for the latter.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #65
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,140
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Al-Queada doesn't have the capabilities to pull off an attack such as 9/11. The reason they haven't pulled another in 5 years is for the same reason. They can't do it. So if Gore would have been in office then NO, 9/11 would not have happened since he wouldn't have attacked the US, or so I feel that he wouldn't have attacked the US.
And that kind of thinking is what left us vulnerable to attack in the first place... You underestimate your opponents and you get blindsided... just like we did..

The way you think doesn't scare me personally because I don't agree with it or think it's stupid... It's the fact that it's simply dangerous. The Islamic Threat has nothing to do with Bush or the American Government. It's the hatred and jealously of our lifestyles and the freedoms we have as a democratic nation. Why do you think they attack other free nations? Why do you think they're called "terrorists?" They want to try to control our society and culture through fear because they can't do it in any other way. It's a major clash of cultures that can't be resolved through diplomacy. It has been tried before and failed. There is no reasoning with them. It's not like we up and decided to invade the middle east because we felt like killing a bunch of Arabs. You can't be diplomatic with a group of people who don't want to. They made the first move and sucker punched us and we responded. It's plain and simple.

At least we all know that we can sucker punch you at any time and expect a "stern talking to" from you in response. If you hit back it would make you the ultimate hipocrit since obviosly defending yourself is wrong.

Just open your eyes to the truth before the false reality you have built up around you comes crashing down when you lose one of your loved ones to a terrorist attack. The threat is more real than you care to realize.
__________________
-Jer

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #66
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
And that kind of thinking is what left us vulnerable to attack in the first place... You underestimate your opponents and you get blindsided... just like we did..

The way you think doesn't scare me personally because I don't agree with it or think it's stupid... It's the fact that it's simply dangerous. The Islamic Threat has nothing to do with Bush or the American Government. It's the hatred and jealously of our lifestyles and the freedoms we have as a democratic nation. Why do you think they attack other free nations? Why do you think they're called "terrorists?" They want to try to control our society and culture through fear because they can't do it in any other way. It's a major clash of cultures that can't be resolved through diplomacy. It has been tried before and failed. There is no reasoning with them. It's not like we up and decided to invade the middle east because we felt like killing a bunch of Arabs. You can't be diplomatic with a group of people who don't want to. They made the first move and sucker punched us and we responded. It's plain and simple.

At least we all know that we can sucker punch you at any time and expect a "stern talking to" from you in response. If you hit back it would make you the ultimate hipocrit since obviosly defending yourself is wrong.

Just open your eyes to the truth before the false reality you have built up around you comes crashing down when you lose one of your loved ones to a terrorist attack. The threat is more real than you care to realize.

Exactly what they "BUSH" wants you to believe with the so called "sucker punch" and you are acting exactly as planned with giving them full power to do what ever they want.

If you represent the american way of thinking that you like to think you do then I say 9/11 was very effective with the Goals the current administration had in mind.

Edit: O yeah, so is Iraqi part of the Islamic terrorist? Because if your right Al-Quada sucker punched us not Iraqi and we already found out about the lack of WMDs so what is your reasoning for fighting in Iraqi when we believe BinLaden is in the Afghan mountains?? Just think if we used to forces that have been used in Iraqi to actually hunt down Bin Laden. We would atleast have something to show the american people (those that believe like you) and I doubt Bush's rating/approval would be the lowest of any US president.

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; December 10th, 2006 at 04:50 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #67
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,140
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Exactly what they "BUSH" wants you to believe with the so called "sucker punch" and you are acting exactly as planned with giving them full power to do what ever they want.

If you represent the american way of thinking that you like to think you do then I say 9/11 was very effective with the Goals the current administration had in mind.
I didn't give them full power to do whatever they want. Neither did Kelly, Stan, Jamiesann or anyone else on this board. It's a little part of government called Congress.

And guess who else voted to go into war? Most of your Liberal Democrat hippie heroes. They started screaming and crying because things didn't go exactly as planned and are trying to save face like the self centered cowards they are.

If anyone like you ever gets into the Presidency I will promptly be moving to the mountains of Colorado or Montana. I don't feel like subjecting me or my family to the threat of suicide bombings because the liberals don't think anyone has that kind of ability.
__________________
-Jer

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #68
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Al-Queada doesn't have the capabilities to pull off an attack such as 9/11. The reason they haven't pulled another in 5 years is for the same reason. They can't do it. So if Gore would have been in office then NO, 9/11 would not have happened since he wouldn't have attacked the US, or so I feel that he wouldn't have attacked the US.
So do you have to work at being that stupid or does it come naturally to you?

I find it hard to resist the urge to debate about this, but then remember how much of an idiot you are and realize it would be pointless.
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #69
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I didn't give them full power to do whatever they want. Neither did Kelly, Stan, Jamiesann or anyone else on this board. It's a little part of government called Congress.

And guess who else voted to go into war? Most of your Liberal Democrat hippie heroes. They started screaming and crying because things didn't go exactly as planned and are trying to save face like the self centered cowards they are.

If anyone like you ever gets into the Presidency I will promptly be moving to the mountains of Colorado or Montana. I don't feel like subjecting me or my family to the threat of suicide bombings because the liberals don't think anyone has that kind of ability.
Please show me when the last suicide bomber killed some americans in America?
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #70
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,140
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Please show me when the last suicide bomber killed some americans in America?
Please show me how loosening border security (mexicans) and sitting idley by why we get attacked through other means (9/11) will show them that we won't defend ourselves against it?

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. Your way of thinking makes it easily possible for them.
__________________
-Jer

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #71
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,994
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Mabye I do Sorry if I got you mixed up with someone else. I just edited it.


I care about all of them...on both sides of this.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #72
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,994
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Al-Queada doesn't have the capabilities to pull off an attack such as 9/11. The reason they haven't pulled another in 5 years is for the same reason. They can't do it. So if Gore would have been in office then NO, 9/11 would not have happened since he wouldn't have attacked the US, or so I feel that he wouldn't have attacked the US.
What do you mean by "capabilities"? This wan't some high tech attack. A bunch of nuts got on the airplanes with boxcutters and they hijacked the airplanes and crashed them into stuff. Nothing high tech there. What "capabilities" do you have to have?
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #73
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Please show me how loosening border security (mexicans) and sitting idley by why we get attacked through other means (9/11) will show them that we won't defend ourselves against it?

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. Your way of thinking makes it easily possible for them.
Yeah, the reason we can't defend out borders is because we are streched too thinly with our soilders in Iraqi and policing the rest of the world in many different countires. I'm all for bringing them home and setting up shop on the borders. Seems a little more productive.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #74
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
So do you have to work at being that stupid or does it come naturally to you?

I find it hard to resist the urge to debate about this, but then remember how much of an idiot you are and realize it would be pointless.
I think your way of being a sheep is stupid too but I'm not the one to name call.

That's cool if you don't want to debate.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #75
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,140
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Yeah, the reason we can't defend out borders is because we are streched too thinly with our soilders in Iraqi and policing the rest of the world in many different countires. I'm all for bringing them home and setting up shop on the borders. Seems a little more productive.
So we're supposed to let the rest of the world fall to hell because they all have the resources and equipment to defend themselves like us?

We help those who can't help themselves... obviously you have a problem with that. I just hope everyone on here will remember that when you need help yourself.
__________________
-Jer

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #76
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Al-Queada doesn't have the capabilities to pull off an attack such as 9/11. The reason they haven't pulled another in 5 years is for the same reason. They can't do it.
You say that like islamic terrorist organizations have never hi-jacked a plane before. Read up on some history, it has happened before.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #77
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,994
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
That my be but I believe that if Al Gore was in office there would not have been a 9/11


There would have been a 9/11, 9/12, 9/13, 9/14, 9/15, 9/16...etc.

You get the picture.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #78
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Please show me when the last suicide bomber killed some americans in America?
Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will. Thats probably the most dangerous attitude out there... "it hasn't happened yet so to never will"

Heres an artice about a bombing that killed Americans in America... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_bombing

The only difference between that and a suicide bombing is that he bomber didn't die. The Americans that died are just as dead.

Or do you think the US government did that one also?
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #79
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
So we're supposed to let the rest of the world fall to hell because they all have the resources and equipment to defend themselves like us?

We help those who can't help themselves... obviously you have a problem with that. I just hope everyone on here will remember that when you need help yourself.
I guess if you feel the need to help everyone that's cool and is that the reason you would give the mom of a dead soilder?

I didn't read in the papers that describe america where it said that we were to be world police. Not helping has been the way of America until the last 50 years . . hopefully it'll change back.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #80
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,994
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Not helping has been the way of America until the last 50 years . . hopefully it'll change back.


Guess they don't offer history classes at CMU.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.36108 seconds with 82 queries