Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 29th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #101
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
You quoted my post without even reading it. Read it again dumbass. It answers what you just wrote. The people that picked on you in high school were not blowing up your family and neighbors accidentally.

And we could care less about your self esteem issues so there is no need to make up stories.

Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #102
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
If another country was in your back yard and just accidentally blew up your neighbors. Then possibly your grandmother. Or mabye your mother. But they were just casualties of war that is bound to happen right? Then some ass holes came by and teased you before they gave you the water while videotaping you obviously for there own enjoyment.

Are you telling me if that was you that you would not retaliate and seek revenge when you got older. I guess that would make you a big PUSSY.

We are not talking about hazing teasing and picking ona high school Dork. We are talking about people dying all around them. Wake up and get out of your bubble.

I have been to many other countries and seen how we are looked upon. I dont just have the paper and Fox news to tell me about what goes on in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
You quoted my post without even reading it. Read it again dumbass. It answers what you just wrote. The people that picked on you in high school were not blowing up your family and neighbors accidentally.

And we could care less about your self esteem issues so there is no need to make up stories.
No self esteem issues, you said “Are you telling me if that was you that you would not retaliate and seek revenge when you got older. I guess that would make you a big PUSSY. “ My point was to illustrate EVERYONE gets picked on, not just the kid with the lisp, the kid who has kidney disorder and is small. EVERYONE. I don’t live in a bubble. This Iraqi kids life defining moment was NOT the moment he didn’t get free water. Big fucking deal. How did you make it in the navy if you get so sad and cry babyish over such trivial crap !?

True I haven’t been to a third world country. Big deal. Do I need too, in order to know it sucks, I hear plenty from friends that serve currently and have half my family served.

No made up stories, yoursuch a fool MikeL. For all I know you never served. You sure don’t seem like a proud vetern. If you are so repulsed by what we do and are gonna cry you weren’t treated well overseas why didn’t you go AWOL or declare your self a pacifist etc ? If your old enough to be drafted for 'nam good. Cause i have a dad and 5 uncles that served i can trust more than you. If you enlisted after the draft was eliminated then your just a very weird dude.

Lastly who do I blow up if someone does kill my mom since you brought that up? What if they are a white middle class average joe. Do I have carte blanche to go bombing and killing any white dude I see. Sounds like it from your logic.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 01:03 AM   #103
Mike L
Senior Member
 
Mike L's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-19-06
Location: G.C.
Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

We are not discussing white people getting blown up by white people. We are discussing 1 country of americans in another country with little brown Iraqi kids.

This has nothing to do with bullys so bringing this up shows no good example of the situation.

Just because you are in the Navy or any other armed forces does not mean you agree with what is going on. If you think that all of those soldiers are happy you need the turn off you tv and stop listening to the radio. I have a niece in Iraq right now and trust me they are not all happy. They debate just like you and I.

Here is a good example. Bill "your favorite president" Clinton came to my base to speak about base closures. All of the sailors were required to attend. Yes required. A bunch of civilian shipyard workers got there early and got as close as possible to the front. They were obviously unhappy with him because they were about to lose their jobs. As soon he begin to speak they turned their backs to him and began to boo. The funny thing was all you could hear was applause. I looked around and no clapping. It was coming from the speakers. When it was on the news all you saw was some happy sailers and Marines behind the president and heard lots of cheers.

The reason I point this out is for 2 reasons.
1. Question everything you see on TV and 2. All sevice Men and Women are not gung ho. Otherwise they would all stay in and retire after 20 years.

Just because I do not agree with the current administration or what a couple dumb asses on the back of a Hummer do does not make me an un proud Veteran. I believe in the military and am very proud to have served. I just disagree with the current leadership . There is nothing wrong with that.

For some reason you keep avoiding the facts. People are dying all around these children. The death is caused by the bad guys in Iraq and what they see as bad guys from america. (i said "what they see" so dont misquote that)
another set of bad guys that have the same color skin as the guys that blew up the house next door accidentaly and killed some or all of his family members now are playing games with them. ( making them chase the water bottle)

This would piss off any human being from any country. High school bullies cannot even be used as an example because this is a lot more intense than someone being teased.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #104
DeltaCavXJ
BCT made me hate Oreos!
 
Join Date: 05-28-06
Location: .
Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default talk to a real soldier

As someone already said that was not completely uncalled for but it was probably a bad idea to film it so we could get lip from flamers, like the one who started this thread. I cant belief you can actually put those guys down for that after what they do over there. do you not get any shoulder is willing to put there life on the line for anyone in america anyone not just people we like we will even do it for scum like you who will critizize us for it how do you live with yourself? seriously think about that before you post a stupid ass come back calling me a nazi or a bad typer or something stupid like that.
DeltaCavXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #105
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
do you not get any shoulder is willing to put there life on the line for anyone in america anyone not just people we like we will even do it for scum like you who will critizize us for it how do you live with yourself?
So is it a big shoulder? Do you like lift lots of weight to make a shoulder buff enough to where it is willing to put itself on the line?? :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #106
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
So is it a big shoulder? Do you like lift lots of weight to make a shoulder buff enough to where it is willing to put itself on the line?? :tonka:
hey pot, this is the kettle, you are black!

Drew, don't call people on misspellings...seriously. You are the worst speller I know.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:34 AM   #107
Drummerboy
PROBE DOWN!
 
Drummerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-24-06
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Drummerboy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
how come you haven't joined up yet, CC? Our armed forces are looking kind of low on men, you seem pretty patriotic...go on...protect America.
And just WTF are you doing to help the situation? Having an anti-bush avatar which reduces him to a Nazi is just THE fucking type of thing that pisses me off about liberals.. quick with the insults, but slow (if we're lucky) with progress.

Yea donkey fuckers, I would love to live my life on rainbows petting bunnies and smoking grass all day too... unfortunately there are thousands of people that won't rest until those rainbows are shoved up the ass of your dead bunny, which is hanging above your grave, just because you don't like their religion.
Drummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #108
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Did anybody think that these kids were chasing the truck because they were looking for a free goodie? The adults that the truck was passing didn't seem to care what was going on. I personally don't think that this situation is really all that horrible. The stress level that these guy have to endure is amazing. Blowing off a little steam and getting some laughs from your buddy is a way of dealing with stress of being over there. Was what these guys did right? Not really, but who gives a crap. These guys don't want to be there any more than you or I want to be there. These guys DO represent the average soldier. They are young, inexperianced at life, and may even be alittle bit emotionally immature. I feel no harm was done to any party, just a couple of young soldiers acting like dumdshits for some chuckles. I do that daily.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #109
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
And just WTF are you doing to help the situation? Having an anti-bush avatar which reduces him to a Nazi is just THE fucking type of thing that pisses me off about liberals.. quick with the insults, but slow (if we're lucky) with progress.

Yea donkey fuckers, I would love to live my life on rainbows petting bunnies and smoking grass all day too... unfortunately there are thousands of people that won't rest until those rainbows are shoved up the ass of your dead bunny, which is hanging above your grave, just because you don't like their religion.
well, people who support the war, should do so by joining up and doing their part. I DON'T support the war in Iraq, nor have I ever, so no, I won't be jumping up and joining the cause.

bunnies, flowers, rainbows up your ass? what is this, some kind of gay acid trip you've been on?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #110
Drummerboy
PROBE DOWN!
 
Drummerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-24-06
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Drummerboy
Default

everyone that supports the war should be in it? LOL.

Some people who support the war may have more of an importance in the homeland that the actual fighting overseas. We DO have an economy to keep up, you know.

and what are you doing as a US hater to show your hate aside from the avatar?
Drummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #111
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 11,473
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
well, people who support the war, should do so by joining up and doing their part. I DON'T support the war in Iraq, nor have I ever, so no, I won't be jumping up and joining the cause.

bunnies, flowers, rainbows up your ass? what is this, some kind of gay acid trip you've been on?
What do you actually support? Please give us your idea of how things should be. We'd really like to know. Not just war but the economy, social problems, homeland security, etc.

Or are you just going to ignore this post like the others because you don't actually know what you believe in and just like to bitch about everything?
__________________
-Jeremy

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #112
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Did anybody think that these kids were chasing the truck because they were looking for a free goodie? The adults that the truck was passing didn't seem to care what was going on. I personally don't think that this situation is really all that horrible. The stress level that these guy have to endure is amazing. Blowing off a little steam and getting some laughs from your buddy is a way of dealing with stress of being over there. Was what these guys did right? Not really, but who gives a crap. These guys don't want to be there any more than you or I want to be there. These guys DO represent the average soldier. They are young, inexperianced at life, and may even be alittle bit emotionally immature. I feel no harm was done to any party, just a couple of young soldiers acting like dumdshits for some chuckles. I do that daily.
So what your saying is that all soilders do not have any selfcontrol when it comes to teasing little kids??
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #113
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
So what your saying is that all soilders do not have any selfcontrol when it comes to teasing little kids??
Nope. For a college student you don't seem to be able to process information at a rational level. As an educated person, I think you would be smart enough not to generalize the action of a few individuals over the actions of the general (military) population. Most foot soldiers are younger and inexperianced at life. They are in the military not because of a feeling of duty for their country but for a job because they don't have the means to go to college. They are just average Joes and Janes trying to make a living. Really Cheif, I feel your comment was more of an inflamitory jab than an itellegent question.

I have several questions for you just so I can get a grasp of your current "life position":

1) Where do you work? Do you have a job?

2) Who is paying for your education?

3) What have you contributed to society (charitys, volunteer, stuff on boards like this, chess club, etc.

4) How can you know anything in life at your age? Seriously, early twenties, your just getting started on your journey.

5) Do you enjoy making inflammitory posts? Be honest. I like trying to make people laugh but I sometings manage to piss people off in the process. If you like stirring up the pot just say so, I can respect that.

6) What are your goals in life?

To be fair, I'll answer the same questions I posed to you:

1) I am currently self employeed I own an automotive repair shop. In the past I've been everythig from a dishwasher to doing research chemistry at Dow Chemical. I have been getting a paycheck (with taxes and everything) since I was 12 years old. I'm 42 now.

2) I paid for my own education because my parents wouldn't. It was rough at first but at one point I was working in a analytical lab full time, working in a pizza shop Fridays and Saturday nights, taking a 14-16 hour course load, and I still made the Deans list.

3) What have I contributed to society? Not much in a purely social aspect. I'm not a big giver to charities and the only volunteer work I do is to help out freinds and fellow racers in the SCCA. A downfall I've had recently is spending too much time on boards like this, I really need to start working on my house.

4) How can I know anything in life? The older I get the more I realize how little I know about the big picture. I do have a number of years of bad decisions that help guide me along.

5) Do I like inflammitory posts. No, I enjoy humorous posts, technical posts, and posts that make you think. I don't stoop to name calling and I'm not much into the "smiley" thing.

6) My goal in life is to enjoy my work/career and enjoy my family. I want to raise my children to be productive honost members of society and I want them to enjoy their lives. I plan on teaching them that money is not the center of happiness, a strong family bond is.

So Cheif, that's my rant. I see a large number of posts on this site from people that don't like you. I have been reserving judgement because I didn't really know you but now I'm starting to see the "trend". I hope I've given you enough information about me that you will think before you try to snare me in another inflammitory trap.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #114
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Excuse me. You meant to say that all grunt, lower level foot soilders do not have much self control be cause they are young and inexperienced and are pretty much in the military because they "Most foot soldiers are younger and inexperianced at life. They are in the military not because of a feeling of duty for their country but for a job because they don't have the means to go to college. They are just average Joes and Janes trying to make a living."

I see, just trying to pay the mortgage. Isn't that what they said at the nuremberg trials?

So regardless, I see that teasing little kids is wrong no matter where in the world you or your occupation in life. I also see that many on this site but not all think it's okay what they did. I'm glad not all of you say it's okay, gives me a little hope for the world.

Now that I know you have kids I ask if it would be okay if those were your kids dying for a drink and the same situation happened to them??

Edit: Glad to see you own your own shop!! Capitalism is wonderfull to give some priviliged few to be their own boss and I believe deep down that is what we all strive for.

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; December 10th, 2006 at 03:19 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:21 PM   #115
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Excuse me. You meant to say that all grunt, lower level foot soilders do not have much self control be cause they are young and inexperienced and are pretty much in the military because they "Most foot soldiers are younger and inexperianced at life. They are in the military not because of a feeling of duty for their country but for a job because they don't have the means to go to college. They are just average Joes and Janes trying to make a living."

I see, just trying to pay the mortgage.

I've been in the Military and I was in the lower levels. I was in there for a job (before I went to college). I would say 95% of the people with me were there for the "job" not for the sake of duty. This doesn't make them "unamerican" it makes them human.

You still didn't answer my questions. I put my cards on the table to why I say stuff, why won't you. Seriously you won't win with me. I have more education then you do and have been around the block a few more times. I respect your position on issues but twisting a response ("All" grunts, soldiers, etc) is not making you look like an itellengent person. You are smart person, I can tell by the way you process things, you're just not doing smart things with the information givin to you.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #116
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post

Now that I know you have kids I ask if it would be okay if those were your kids dying for a drink and the same situation happened to them??

Edit: Glad to see you own your own shop!! Capitalism is wonderfull to give some priviliged few to be their own boss and I believe deep down that is what we all strive for.

If that unit was in an area that people were "dying of thirst" I'm sure our soldiers would be handing out water by the case load. I don't feel this is the case. If my kids where chasing a military vehicle (or the ice cream truck for that matter) because they are being little moochers, than I don't have a problem with that.

Please answer my question from an earlier post. I want to be able to respect your opionion right or wrong. If you don't have any credentials to back up your opionion then you really need to stop stirring things up.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #117
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I've been in the Military and I was in the lower levels. I was in there for a job (before I went to college). I would say 95% of the people with me were there for the "job" not for the sake of duty. This doesn't make them "unamerican" it makes them human.
I didn't say that they wre "unamerican" but thanks for agreeing with me that they are all not "Severe all love america and everything they tell me to do" as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
You still didn't answer my questions. I put my cards on the table to why I say stuff, why won't you. Seriously you won't win with me. I have more education then you do and have been around the block a few more times. I respect your position on issues but twisting a response ("All" grunts, soldiers, etc) is not making you look like an itellengent person. You are smart person, I can tell by the way you process things, you're just not doing smart things with the information givin to you.
Yeah, no thanks on laying my life history out on the internet.

And why didn't you answer the second part of the question that you decided to delete? I guess what some people don't understand on this website is that I think that those guys (I won't even use soilders) in the video were wrong. They would have been wrong if it was in the streets of NY or the streets of Moscow or Tokyo or anywhere in between.

Just because I disagree with the war doesn't mean that I don't care about the soilders and it saddens me that the idiots in the video would film that since it sheds a bad light on soilders in general since we don't see everything over there. I'm sure there are good acts as well but as we know most of those usually don't get caught on camera.

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; December 10th, 2006 at 03:51 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #118
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

When I did my "quote" it didn't come up. I'll take a look at it and give you my response.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #119
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

You edited it while I was working on my response. I did respond to all rebuttals. If you not going to give us your credentials then I feel that you don't have any to support your posts. Sorry, just how I feel. If you have the creditals to take that stands that you are then you will get nothing but respect from me. Until then its just talk and your opionion means nothing.

Last edited by Nuggets; December 10th, 2006 at 03:40 PM.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #120
Toivo
Feel lucky?
 
Toivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-24-06
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,142
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

:stan3: :stan3:
Toivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.32096 seconds with 50 queries