Globalization - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
View Poll Results: Globalization
I'm all for it!! 7 23.33%
No way Jose!! 14 46.67%
I don't know anything about economics so I choose to kick Cube in the JUNK!! 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:26 AM   #21
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Oh yes, because outsourcing things like radiology, automotive design, and other things to India is definately of the highest quality.
Acutally automotive design has had a hot spot in CAL with many companies using that area since the US is superior at this moment in time and that is the reason it's not outsourced.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:30 AM   #22
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce228 View Post
Simply pointing out I don't think you can have your choice on globalization. If its all or nothing what do you choose?

What do you think that bike or that house would cost if there wasn't outside competition to keep the price down?

Also, for the record in hindsight I wish globalization had never happened. If that means no ammentities that we currently have then that is even better!

I have been thinking heavily of purchasing a farm out west after my job is gone here.
x2
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:31 AM   #23
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,603
iTrader: (55)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Acutally automotive design has had a hot spot in CAL with many companies using that area since the US is superior at this moment in time and that is the reason it's not outsourced.
LOL, you are as stupid as ever...
Haggar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:03 PM   #24
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
LOL, you are as stupid as ever...
Yes, I'm sure the Enzo and many other new designs didn't come from that area . . .

So where does all the new designs come from since you seem to know everything.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:55 PM   #25
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,973
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Yes, I'm sure the Enzo and many other new designs didn't come from that area . . .

So where does all the new designs come from since you seem to know everything.
You are a fucking idiot. They're not outsourcing at all huh? Is that why my Dad saw a bunch of Indians getting trained on their green card, only to be sent back to do design work for Colins & Aikman? He fixed up alot of messed up designs sent back from India....but he must be a liar.

My brother in law must be a liar too, because it's the same thing where he works: GENERAL MOTORS!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:28 PM   #26
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
You are a fucking idiot. They're not outsourcing at all huh? Is that why my Dad saw a bunch of Indians getting trained on their green card, only to be sent back to do design work for Colins & Aikman? He fixed up alot of messed up designs sent back from India....but he must be a liar.

My brother in law must be a liar too, because it's the same thing where he works: GENERAL MOTORS!!!
Please show me where I said that there was NO outsourcing?


Yes, they are outsourcing the Cheap labor like what your dad did, but the the knowldege is so far still in the US. Your dad is expendable do to the fact that they can fix the messed up designs and still make money do to the fact they they are paying their workings an 1/8th of what your dad makes or made.

It sucks to be your dad or anyone that gets outsourced but that is progress.

Ever heard of the Luddites, they could be considered the same as your dad when progress moved in during the 1820s.

Globalization is the future, I guess you can retrain and try to find a job that will still be in the US or be the best at your job in hopes that you won't get put on the chopping block.

See the future and Adapt . . . or, cry when your job gets taking from you and you claim that you have had no warning.

Edit: there is always welfare thanks to us Libs . .
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #27
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,973
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Please show me where I said that there was NO outsourcing?


Yes, they are outsourcing the Cheap labor like what your dad did, but the the knowldege is so far still in the US. Your dad is expendable do to the fact that they can fix the messed up designs and still make money do to the fact they they are paying their workings an 1/8th of what your dad makes or made.

It sucks to be your dad or anyone that gets outsourced but that is progress.

Ever heard of the Luddites, they could be considered the same as your dad when progress moved in during the 1820s.

Globalization is the future, I guess you can retrain and try to find a job that will still be in the US or be the best at your job in hopes that you won't get put on the chopping block.

See the future and Adapt . . . or, cry when your job gets taking from you and you claim that you have had no warning.

Edit: there is always welfare thanks to us Libs . .

Cheap labor? Do you have any clue what my Dad did as a job? He must've been cheap labor like slavery over 200 years ago. Fuck you. You have no clue how to say anything without pissing people off.

I guess his 30+ years of design experience is just some cheap labor job like working at McDonalds. He didn't just push a button everyday on an assembly line or anything you asshole. When he started, everything was done on paper with drafting tools, hand-calculated math and measurements. It's not easy and it's not something everyone can do. It takes skill and experience. It's definately not cheap labor when he was almost pulling in six figures a year.

Seeing the future and adapting? The man is 58 years old and has been in the design world since the age of 18. His future is fucking retirement.

Before you start offering insight on a subject, know the facts you ignorant fucktard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:28 PM   #28
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Cheap labor? Do you have any clue what my Dad did as a job? He must've been cheap labor like slavery over 200 years ago. Fuck you. You have no clue how to say anything without pissing people off.

I guess his 30+ years of design experience is just some cheap labor job like working at McDonalds. He didn't just push a button everyday on an assembly line or anything you asshole. When he started, everything was done on paper with drafting tools, hand-calculated math and measurements. It's not easy and it's not something everyone can do. It takes skill and experience. It's definately not cheap labor when he was almost pulling in six figures a year.

Seeing the future and adapting? The man is 58 years old and has been in the design world since the age of 18. His future is fucking retirement.

Before you start offering insight on a subject, know the facts you ignorant fucktard.

I'm sorry that your dad didn't see that C&A was on the rocks for the last couple of years and didn't find something else like others did. I didn't work there and knew it was having problems so don't blame me for your dads lack of motivation to find something else or have something set up on to retire on. Heck, I'm in finance and if he needs help with his retirement just let me know

Yes, your dad is cheap labor if some dude in Indian can do it for 1/8 the cost and he then becomes expendable which is exactly what happened.

And you might say no because they didn't do it right, but since they were only paying the guy an eighth or so of what your dad made then it was no sweat off their balls to fix the problem and still save money.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM   #29
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,973
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
I'm sorry that your dad didn't see that C&A was on the rocks for the last couple of years and didn't find something else like others did. I didn't work there and knew it was having problems so don't blame me for your dads lack of motivation to find something else or have something set up on to retire on. Heck, I'm in finance and if he needs help with his retirement just let me know

Yes, your dad is cheap labor if some dude in Indian can do it for 1/8 the cost and he then becomes expendable which is exactly what happened.

And you might say no because they didn't do it right, but since they were only paying the guy an eighth or so of what your dad made then it was no sweat off their balls to fix the problem and still save money.

I hope you die a lonely old man, because you are the biggest fucking asshole known to man.

My Father held onto his job because how he was raised was not to give up and stick with things, unlike your pathetic fucking ass. If I were your parents I would honestly commit suicide for failure as a parent. Do you honestly think he didn't have his resume posted and was actively searching for jobs? For the love of God you're fucking retarded. Of course he did. The job market in Michigan is sour, as you probably know. You don't understand that older employees that have gained a large salary aren't wanted by companies in the U.S. because of their cost.

He still isn't cheap fucking labor asshole. Those Indians receive barely any training. They're drawing lines on computers and have absolutely no concept of what they're doing. The same thing goes for radiology...they're trained to the bare mininum to recognize things in an x-ray a fucking chimp could probably do.

You know, for someone who claims to be so political like you, you sure don't have one fucking clue on how to speak with a political tongue.

Rot in hell you fucking prick. I hope you enjoy getting your fucking jollies off by pushing my buttons like this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:47 PM   #30
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,973
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Another thing that amazes me, is that most Remocrats are more for protectionism, while Republicans are more for free trade. I'm surprised you take a Republican viewpoint on this issue.

Oh, and if you didn't get the hint from my last post. FUCK YOU.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.

Last edited by GreaseMonkey; November 22nd, 2006 at 08:53 PM.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:01 PM   #31
IrishChef
Comfortably Numb
 
IrishChef's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-06
Location: Norway, MI.
Posts: 726
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[quote=Chiefwoohaw;321380][/quote

Drop fucking dead.
__________________
"Am I dead yet?"
IrishChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:08 PM   #32
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

As a 46 year-old target of cheap overseas labor, here's my perspective:

Globalization is something that's happening whether we like it or not.

I'm opposed to it because it is not a level playing field. We allow virtually anybody (including a communist dictatorship pretending to be pseudo-capitalists) to play on our playground - but we aren't allowed to play in theirs. Until there's a level playing field, it really isn't globalization - we're being competed with, but not being allowed to compete elsewhere.

It's also making it very tough on high-cost, low-skilled labor.

There's an excellent book on the subject, "The Flat Earth". It talks about how the internet is acting the same as the Roman road system - it was built to allow the dominant culture do business elsewhere, but it was turned against them, since roads (like the internet) work both ways. Being 1000s of miles away is less of an issue now. It also points out a concept of being "one in a million". Essentially, if you're a "one in a million", capability-wise, it means there's 1300 more like you in China alone.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:31 PM   #33
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=IrishChef;321832]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
[/quote

Drop fucking dead.
Is the the name of one of you fancy sandwiches??
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:36 PM   #34
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post

My Father held onto his job because how he was raised was not to give up and stick with things, unlike your pathetic fucking ass. If I were your parents I would honestly commit suicide for failure as a parent. Do you honestly think he didn't have his resume posted and was actively searching for jobs? For the love of God you're fucking retarded. Of course he did. The job market in Michigan is sour, as you probably know. You don't understand that older employees that have gained a large salary aren't wanted by companies in the U.S. because of their cost.
So your dad put his financial livleyhood in danger because of some morals of sticking to a job no matter if it was going to shit on you?? Well, that doesn't seem to be a such good idea now that the job has shit on him does it?

Yes, I know the job market for older employees with large salerries aren't there and that is why he needed to retrain or just accept that he wasn't going to find something in the same field for the same pay. And also get his financed in order for when this day came . . . since you say he WAS payed a lot then he should have been saving in some type of retirement fund since he couldn't possibly expect that his pension was gonig to be enough to live on.

If he couldn't figure that out then well I guess he's up shit creek with out a paddle as some would say but he seems to have a great son that will support him in a few years so keep up the hard work at FSU
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM   #35
IrishChef
Comfortably Numb
 
IrishChef's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-06
Location: Norway, MI.
Posts: 726
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[quote=Chiefwoohaw;322188]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChef View Post

Is the the name of one of you fancy sandwiches??

Yes, and I'd love to make one for you.
__________________
"Am I dead yet?"
IrishChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:30 PM   #36
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
So your dad put his financial livleyhood in danger because of some morals of sticking to a job no matter if it was going to shit on you?? Well, that doesn't seem to be a such good idea now that the job has shit on him does it?

Yes, I know the job market for older employees with large salerries aren't there and that is why he needed to retrain or just accept that he wasn't going to find something in the same field for the same pay. And also get his financed in order for when this day came . . . since you say he WAS payed a lot then he should have been saving in some type of retirement fund since he couldn't possibly expect that his pension was gonig to be enough to live on.


you gotta be kidding me? There is nothing wrong with riding out a good job untill it ends. Why would he quit before his job is eliminated for some lesser job. Lets play out this scenario. Say GM dad makes 92,000. CA been in trouble for 5 years. He is 58. He could have jumped ship to another company making maybe 10-20 grand a year less. Ohh thats great he only loses out on $50,000 - $100,000. Loyalty to a company isnt a bad thing. Also please, please tell me what are some auto companies, supliers engineering firms etc that are doing SOOO great he could have jumped ship 5-6 years ago and his job would NOT have been in limbo at the new place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
If he couldn't figure that out then well I guess he's up shit creek with out a paddle as some would say but he seems to have a great son that will support him in a few years so keep up the hard work at FSU
thats a real glipse into into your twisted mind. Just a few days ago you comment how you vote democrat to "help poor people". Awww your so caring chiefwoohaw. Poor people need your pitty (i would like to see you go tell someone who is for real poor you pitty him to his face, and you are trying to vote him charity) Mean while GM's dad is in your mind "ohh well" like its no big deal. And its up to GM to support him. Maybe we can eliminate wellfare to everyone with a 18 year old child .... ya know cause their able bodied kid can support them.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:35 PM   #37
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Staying with a job and collecting that money is fine. Bitching about getting fired and playing the poor pitifull me, I had no idea this was going to happen card when you knew it was coming is something all together different.

Good thing peoples windows will always need to be cleaned so I think you job is safe from Globalization Jamie.

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; November 24th, 2006 at 11:50 AM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 10:14 PM   #38
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Staying with a job and collecting that money is fine. Bitching about getting fired and playing the poor pitifull me, I had no idea this was going to happen card when you knew it was coming is something all together different.

Good think people windows will always need to be cleaned so I think you job is safe from Globalization Jamie.
yes, thats one of the reasons i went into a service business one that upper middle class and upper class patronize and one they would not be comfortable with non english speaking immigrants or guest workers walking freely through their home. That and all the rich boomers that are out there and are gonna live to be 90 need help. me $

I didnt get a poor pitifull me vibe from GM's statements. : shrug:
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 10:55 PM   #39
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,973
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
So your dad put his financial livleyhood in danger because of some morals of sticking to a job no matter if it was going to shit on you?? Well, that doesn't seem to be a such good idea now that the job has shit on him does it?

Yes, I know the job market for older employees with large salerries aren't there and that is why he needed to retrain or just accept that he wasn't going to find something in the same field for the same pay. And also get his financed in order for when this day came . . . since you say he WAS payed a lot then he should have been saving in some type of retirement fund since he couldn't possibly expect that his pension was gonig to be enough to live on.

If he couldn't figure that out then well I guess he's up shit creek with out a paddle as some would say but he seems to have a great son that will support him in a few years so keep up the hard work at FSU
Keep up the hardwork in becoming the biggest dickhead.

Take the hint from my last posts and just shut the fukc up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM   #40
Grandman
do i look old !
 
Grandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Branch Mi
Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I had missed Duffmans post but he is saying the same thing i had typed below . I also see we are of the same age . Been there seen it done it . Those that think he and i are wrong may want to do some history of business in the US .


84 scrambler im just as boggled by your train of thought . You state number of people per country . We have never out number the asians but we did out produce them .

What you seem to miss is back in the 70's when Toyota was shipping cars here for very little taxation GM or Ford auto's was taxed right out of the price range of every one in there country .

Lay off the " help the poor country " shit and turn the table . They want to export there products here for little due to there ungodly low labor . Then tax that shit up to to a price range that is not so appealing . Those countries kill our sales by goverment action while our goverment refused to do the same to them .

We let them them kill the sale of our US products for way to long . They have the money dont they ? Time to end this shit or it only gets worse down the road . In time the USA will be to damn poor to defined its self if we needed too .

The greed of major companies auto and other wise has not helped either . I recall the UAW barking all over tv " Buy American " while the auto makers were buying metric bolts to save money . That sort of mentality is what started a long down hill spiral for the USA . The top 10 or 20 % of income makers do not make the world go around , it is the average working man making a fair income that creates our economy . The middle man wage is leaving and we will end up like Europe , the have and have nots no middle class .

Last edited by Grandman; November 23rd, 2006 at 10:59 PM.
Grandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33526 seconds with 81 queries