Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #21
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,760
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
Funny...you go to a website called evilbible.com (not gonna be any slant there is there ) and cut and paste things you know nothing of.

I'm not going to look them all up, but I did pull my bible off the shelf next to me and looked up Deuteronomy 22:28 and 29. This is what I found and it isn't cut and pasted...I actually looked it up.

28 - If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 - Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

I don't see anything about rape there. I see 2 people having non-martial sex.

aand in Deuteronomy 22:23 and 24...where does it say death to the rape victom? It says death 2 people in adultry.

The more I look at this, the more full of crap you post is.



Exodus 22:17 doesn't say that....it says:

If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

Your post is crap. Read the bible before you post things and PRETEND to know anything about it.

sorry, i don't have a bible to check it out. I don't feel like reading a bunch of inconsistancies and hypocrisy.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #22
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 11,501
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Default

My God (being Chrisitian) is the same God as the Jews and Muslims... we just have different beliefs about his teachings...

For us, our Messiah was Jesus Christ. For the Muslims, it was Muhammed. For the Jews, they're still waiting.

I just wonder how somebody can worship an eight armed woman.. (hindu)..
__________________
-Jeremy

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #23
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 11,501
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I don't feel like reading a bunch of inconsistancies and hypocrisy.
Neither do we so shut your mouth and never post again.
__________________
-Jeremy

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #24
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
sorry, i don't have a bible to check it out. I don't feel like reading a bunch of inconsistancies and hypocrisy.
your evil bibles quotes didnt offend me as a christian it offended my common sense because frankly how can you expect unbiased info from such a domain name .... and further more it points to your agenda. If i search bible verse's i dont get evil bible in top 100 responses. YOU HAD to seek that out. If your going into the search thinking the bible is evil of course you can find someone to agree with it online.

Atleast use the same bible the christians use to tell christians whatever you were trying to tell them.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #25
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,713
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann View Post
Atleast use the same bible the christians use to tell christians whatever you were trying to tell them.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #26
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,713
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
sorry, i don't have a bible to check it out. I don't feel like reading a bunch of inconsistancies and hypocrisy.
Well that right there is funny. You will post absolute BS, not verify the truth of what you are posting, and base you opinion on NOTHING. You are too lazy to even research what you claim to be crap. How can you even form an opinion on something YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT?

Stupidity at it's finest. You are even beond being merely ignorant or uneducated because you are unwilling to form an educated opinion.

You shouldn't be posting anything about religion because you know nothing about it.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #27
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Try finding anything like that from the new testment where after Jesus died for all of our sins.

How exactly do you call your self catholic?
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #28
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,713
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Try finding anything like that from the new testment where after Jesus died for all of our sins.

How exactly do you call your self catholic?
me?
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #29
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,760
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Try finding anything like that from the new testment where after Jesus died for all of our sins.

How exactly do you call your self catholic?
to all: I know i remember seeing something about promoting slavery in the bible so i googled that and found the website. i know it's an aetheist website, but i know a pro christian site isn't going to list the passages that talk about bad stuff, so i used the aetheist site. apparently its off... i assumed since they listed the passage numbers next to it, that they would be correct. ahh well.

Woohaw: I'm not calling myself a catholic , if being catholic means i can't keep an open mind, i don't want to be catholic, if being catholic means i have to refer other religions as demonic, i don't want to be catholic or christian for that matter.

I don't know what i believe in right now. Currently I'm really looking into L. Ron Hoover's Church of Appliantology...

but yeah, new testament, old testament, its all bible...if christians don't support the old testament, why do they still print it and include it?

Last edited by mikesova; November 19th, 2006 at 10:44 PM.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #30
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
to all: I know i remember seeing something about promoting slavery in the bible so i googled that and found the website. i know it's an aetheist website, but i know a pro christian site isn't going to list the passages that talk about bad stuff, so i used the aetheist site. apparently its off... i assumed since they listed the passage numbers next to it, that they would be correct. ahh well.

Woohaw: I'm not calling myself a catholic , if being catholic means i can't keep an open mind, i don't want to be catholic, if being catholic means i have to refer other religions as demonic, i don't want to be catholic or christian for that matter.

I don't know what i believe in right now. Currently I'm really looking into L. Ron Hoover's Church of Appliantology...

but yeah, new testament, old testament, its all bible...if christians don't support the old testament, why do they still print it and include it?
Yes, being a Christian means that you can't keep any open mind about false religions or gods since you believe in the One TRUE GOD in heven.

They print the old testment because it has great life lessons in it. Once again maybe you should Read it. Try reading a chapter of Proverbs a day for 30 days and see if you learn any lessons. Look at the lessons Soloman teaches and all of his wisdom. Look at the Lessons of Creation. Look at the lessons of what happened to the wicked during the times of Noah. Look at what happened to Soddam and Gamorah (sp?) and see if you learn anything and see if any cities in the US look like either of those two, possible SanFransico, or Miami.

Why would you not read the book that your religion is based on??

The old testment is from a Ruthless GOD that did away with the sick and wicked. The new testment is the views of his loving son that loves everyone and gives them a chance even though he already knows who is going to be in the Lambs book of life and who is going to hell. The New Testment is all aout how GOD gave Jesus to Die for our sins we now have a choice and the loving Jesus lets us decide and call upon him to forgive our sins.

The two ways of thinking are totally different. The old testment GOD did the killing of the wicked and in the New Testment till present the wicked get the chance to repent and if not then they are sent to hell. Same outcome as in the Old Testment but with many more chances that equal to the days you live.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #31
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,713
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
i know it's an aetheist website,
No it is not, it is an anti-Bible website. An atheist believes that gods do not exist. And they go about their business. This site spreads flat out lies for simple people like you to drag up and call "truth".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
but i know a pro christian site isn't going to list the passages that talk about bad stuff
A pro-christian site....ummm...like the Bible? It's a book, it neither hides nor points out anything. YOU have to read it to find what you are looking for. Might be hard for you to get your head around, but the Bible is an actual book, made of paper, it has no keyboard, and you have to turn the pages without using the mouse.

ALL the passages are listed in it. NONE are hiding.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #32
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

And why would it hide the bad stuff since the bad stuff was and still is considered wrong but only know it's move of a let them do what they want and try to convert them because they are eventually going to go to hell if they don't convert so . . . . no point of killing them early when there sins will do it for them.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #33
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
No it is not, it is an anti-Bible website. An atheist believes that gods do not exist. And they go about their business. This site spreads flat out lies for simple people like you to drag up and call "truth".



A pro-christian site....ummm...like the Bible? It's a book, it neither hides nor points out anything. YOU have to read it to find what you are looking for. Might be hard for you to get your head around, but the Bible is an actual book, made of paper, it has no keyboard, and you have to turn the pages without using the mouse.

ALL the passages are listed in it. NONE are hiding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
to all: I know i remember seeing something about promoting slavery in the bible so i googled that and found the website. i know it's an aetheist website, but i know a pro christian site isn't going to list the passages that talk about bad stuff, so i used the aetheist site. apparently its off... i assumed since they listed the passage numbers next to it, that they would be correct. ahh well.
right on and many "pro christian" which i guess sova would call any site or book store that sells bibles in uneditied form as being pro christian. Anyone can read about whores, incest, death, gays, gutting out your own kid, knocking up your wife's hand servant, selling your kid into slavery. I am going to assume you mispoke when you said "passages that TALK about bad stuff" as meaning it tells christians its good to do bad stuff??? You can learn lessons from bad stuff as in YOU DONT DO THEM. Just cause a story is told in which bad things happen doesnt mean you endorse the bad things.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:24 PM   #34
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,392
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Yes, being a Christian means that you can't keep any open mind about false religions or gods since you believe in the One TRUE GOD in heven.
But how do you know that all other religions are "false religions or gods" and not just different messages from the same god?
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 08:18 AM   #35
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,353
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Why would you assume that what the Hindus or Buddhists or any other religion refer to as “god” is a different entity as the Christian “god”.
I will say this once more, then I am done with this post.

The Christian God is different than the god other religions follow. You can argue even different than the Jewish god. Yes, several religions worship a single god. However, the way that god interracts with people (an eye for an eye vs. forgive your neighbor), the beliefs he advocates (Kill all non-believers vs. to kill is a sin via the 10 commandments) and what are referred to as the congregation (Jews are the chosen ones vs. any man who believes in me shall enter into heaven). So if someone described to you
1)a person who is for revenge, killing non-believers is GREAT and you shall be rewarded and you have to born into the club to get in vs.

2)Forgiveness, murder is absolutely wrong and I have an open door policy to get in......

how could you argue that the two are the same? They have exclusive contrary philosophies.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #36
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,392
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
I will say this once more, then I am done with this post.

The Christian God is different than the god other religions follow. You can argue even different than the Jewish god. Yes, several religions worship a single god. However, the way that god interracts with people (an eye for an eye vs. forgive your neighbor), the beliefs he advocates (Kill all non-believers vs. to kill is a sin via the 10 commandments) and what are referred to as the congregation (Jews are the chosen ones vs. any man who believes in me shall enter into heaven). So if someone described to you
1)a person who is for revenge, killing non-believers is GREAT and you shall be rewarded and you have to born into the club to get in vs.

2)Forgiveness, murder is absolutely wrong and I have an open door policy to get in......

how could you argue that the two are the same? They have exclusive contrary philosophies.
So wait, I'm confused... was it the Jewish god or the Christian god that gave Moses the 10 commandments?
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #37
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,353
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
So wait, I'm confused... was it the Jewish god or the Christian god that gave Moses the 10 commandments?
There is a great story I heard once in Church. There was a little girl one snowy day watching out the window and saw a bird walking on a barely frozen pond toward a thin sheet of ice. She yelled to the bird to stop it from going to the thin ice, but was too far away and the bird could not hear her. She said "if only I could turn into a bird, I would walk out there and warn the bird of the danger before it reached the thin ice".

You see, the God of Moses was telling the people of earth how to live and what to be weary of (like the little girl). The people (like the bird) however were not listening and/or were misinterpreting what God wanted them to do. So go turned into a man and came down to lead his people in the right direction. The Christians followed those teachings and worship God as he is meant to be. While the Christian God is the same God as he who gave the Jews the 10 commandments, the Jews ignored God's new message and continue to worship him under false pretenses.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #38
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
So wait, I'm confused... was it the Jewish god or the Christian god that gave Moses the 10 commandments?
I've read it like 10x and I'm confused as well.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #39
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,713
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

It was the same GOD. It's not GOD that the 2 faiths have disagreements about, the disagreement is with Jesus and whether or not he was the Messiah. Until peace, justice, and compassion reign, the Kingdom of God is, in the Jewish view, a future reality, yet to come. This is the basic reason for the Jewish not believing in the Messiahship of Jesus.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 12:16 AM   #40
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
It was the same GOD. It's not GOD that the 2 faiths have disagreements about, the disagreement is with Jesus and whether or not he was the Messiah. Until peace, justice, and compassion reign, the Kingdom of God is, in the Jewish view, a future reality, yet to come. This is the basic reason for the Jewish not believing in the Messiahship of Jesus.
x2 The Jewish God is GOD but the jews don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah and just another prophet at best.

So from the Old testment teaching I could only imagine that Gays are kinda looked down upon by Jews :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.27896 seconds with 50 queries