Fox News has a bias? I thought they were fair and balanced? - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #21
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,878
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann View Post
i did't interprut that as saying they couldn't delve into side stories or thats all they could report? It isnt blatant censoring their reporters. Lots of producers direct the reporting teams. I dont see a problem. Maybe you are objective when you watch tv but i can hardly watch any news with out yelling at the tv cause of the shameless blatant pandering to the left, to the point its a joke and makes a mockery or journalism and makes "journalists" opinion editors who just report what they think it out to be. You cant seriously be upset at this and enjoy reading that crooks and liars.

With all the crook and liar dems out there how many of them are on crooks and liars.com ? I never heard of the site before you started posting links but it sure seems to have an agenda. Just wondering how fair you really like your media. Or if you just like to be reassured what you already think/want is the truth. TV said it .... so it must be true !
It's a democrat web blog...i'm not gonna deny that. the only things I post from it are generally video clips from news programs, so...i don't know why you are always dissing the credibility of crooksandliars.com, when its the video clips i'm posting.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #22
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
It's a democrat web blog...i'm not gonna deny that. the only things I post from it are generally video clips from news programs, so...i don't know why you are always dissing the credibility of crooksandliars.com, when its the video clips i'm posting.
i think thats the first time i ever spoke of it. I was just pointing out that you dont seem to be seeking out a moderate news source's ... so your outrage at fox seems shallow contrived thats all. I dont think they did anything different than any other major network news source. Just cause they are not left leaning they are held to a higher standard? I watch that live on oberman last night. The commentator keith had on made very compelling points about how the new york times has a clear agenda and thats the final news. Not internal memos. The NYT is very left leaning.

I dont see this being a issue simply because a fox memo leaked. Now if you made a post about lack of journalistic ethics in universally encouraging the talent to be true journalists and report both sides i would fully agree.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #23
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

The important thing to remember about TV is that pretty much every program, be it a "show", sports, or news is on for one primary purpose, to bring in viewers so they can sell advertizing and make money. So all that memo says to me is that Fox realizes that much of their veiwer base is conservitive and expect Fox to report from a conservitive perspective.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #24
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
Along the same lines, there are people here in Ann Arbor who insist NPR is not left bias. Have you ever heard their stories. They almost always have a slant to the left. I don't mind so long as you call a horse a horse.


Please show me PROOF that NPR is biased ? Not opinion... Not Spin... but Proof.

Thanks

Jeff
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #25
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97xj View Post
Please show me PROOF that NPR is biased ? Not opinion... Not Spin... but Proof.

Thanks

Jeff

That's up to you to decide for yourself. I think they lean toward the "left", but still offer good programming.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #26
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97xj View Post
Please show me PROOF that NPR is biased ? Not opinion... Not Spin... but Proof.

Thanks

Jeff

After some deliberation I would like to re-word this to be a bit more pointed and exact.

Please show me PROOF that NPR is biased to the left or pushes Democratic Party Politics

Last edited by 97xj; November 17th, 2006 at 01:10 PM.
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #27
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97xj View Post
After some deliberation I would like to re-word this to be a bit more pointed and exact.

Please show me PROOF that NPR is biased to the left or pushes Democratic Party Politics
i saw something on PBS deomonizing tom delay it was like more than an hour long. It didnt compare or contrast what other "reputable" politicans do. Just focused on him from college to present and abrahamov ties to some college republican club and how they shook down indian tribes for opposing goals (one wanted to have gambling in texas) one wanted to kill gambling in texas and increase it in luisiana and see the gamers cross the border. My point is virtually every politican is for sale with the few exceptions of those that can bank roll their own campaings. IE devos. Not one other policaitan was mentioned as "he has never taken money". PBS has quite a bit of pro gay lesbian stuff.

There isnt "proof" that they are left leaning ... except for the obvious lack of right leaning content ... therebey making the left lean self evident.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:16 AM   #28
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann View Post
i saw something on PBS deomonizing tom delay it was like more than an hour long. It didnt compare or contrast what other "reputable" politicans do. Just focused on him from college to present and abrahamov ties to some college republican club and how they shook down indian tribes for opposing goals (one wanted to have gambling in texas) one wanted to kill gambling in texas and increase it in luisiana and see the gamers cross the border. My point is virtually every politican is for sale with the few exceptions of those that can bank roll their own campaings. IE devos. Not one other policaitan was mentioned as "he has never taken money". PBS has quite a bit of pro gay lesbian stuff.

There isnt "proof" that they are left leaning ... except for the obvious lack of right leaning content ... therebey making the left lean self evident.



[soap box]


For starters… I have not seen the show that you highlight… I am going to be looking for it as it sounds interesting.

1) Your opinion while shared by many is not fact or proof. I have asked for proof. You will find some articles about single stories but this myth has been around since the Nixon administration and shows no sign of letting up. It is like the big foot myth. Many claim to see it but there is no proof. If you find a single story that leans left then you will find as many single stories that lean right. Single stories do not make 2 entire networks PBS and NPR right or left leaning.


2) The only mention of comprehensive studies of NPR or PBS from 2002 or 2003 did not find a "liberal" bias…I only wish I could find these studies on line so I could know more. I found references to them but could not find the actual studies…. If you can find them or others that show the contrary I will like to view them. I am sure that I can counter them

3) For argument sake Lets say that PBS and NPR are left leaning then why on earth did you waste "like an hour "of your life.

4) If you did not waste "like an hour" of your life then I presume that you found it informative and interesting.

5) One hour of programming hardly makes 2 entire networks biased to one side or the other.

6) I am going to assume that what you call "demonizing" was really delving into the details. The very same details that have forced Tom Delay and Bob Ney to leave their seats in the House and have sent Jack Abromoff to a Maryland penitentiary. These 3 are the scum of the earth that happen to be Republicans. They are not however; scum of the earth because they are Republicans.

7) Not every story or show in the Media will not be to your liking… If the story is about what 3 criminals and those 3 criminals are Republicans do not expect anti-Democrat side to the story. A real test will be stories about 3 powerful that get indited. So far in recent memory we have not had 3 Democratic Leaders indited.

8) In my opinion NPR and PBS are more fair and balanced than any other network on the planet because of the scrutiny that people like you give them. I would like to say thank-you. Now, I know that my opinion is not fact so if you have some facts then please point me to them.

I know that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It is only a matter of time before some democrat has some ethical lapses and I look forward to seeing them in the news. I know there are few out there. and I know about them because of NPR. I can count on NPR and PBS to carry the stories. The bigger the lapse, the more powerful the person the bigger the story.

One of the things that make Democracy work is an aggressive dirt digging press. The Republicans have had all 3 branches for several years. When digging dirt on those in power for the last few years it will trend against the Republicans.

I expect that PBS and NPR will dig and investigate Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer as hard as they did Tom Delay and Dennis Hastert.

I listen to NPR and PBS because they do not cover stories of missing white women for days on end. Their interviewers keep control of the interview and they do not become verbal brawls. When they have a 30 minute interview with a Congressional Leader they will have the counter point on the next day.

I give credit to anybody that has read this post in its entirety. Thanks Jeff

[/soapbox]
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #29
Grumpy1
Senior Member
 
Grumpy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Berkley
Posts: 892
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Very well written post. However I disagree about Terry Gross. She is quite possible the worse interviewer on this planet.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #30
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Very well written post. However I disagree about Terry Gross. She is quite possible the worse interviewer on this planet.
Thanks for the complement about my post but…. Why do you say that?

I think she is competent and normally doesn't do too bad of interviews. Some I listen to some and others I flip over to listen to Rush and his latest Rant of the week.

The only one of hers that I know of that really got away from her was the Bill ORielly one. In that case the NPR Ombudsman told her that she was wrong and to not do it again. I do remember hearing the changes being made to her show so that it does not happen again. I am sorry I can not remember what the changes were.... Also that show is taped so they could have done the interview and not aired it.... It was not one of her best and it was aired anyway. Nothing like making a mistake then putting it out there for all to hear...

While doing her book tour she was on another NPR show talking about the book and she explained her point of view about the Bill Oriley interview then went on to explain the changes being made to her show to make sure that it does not happen again. And went on to say the NPR ombudsman said that she was more aggressive with Papa Bear then with Al Frankin and she was wrong. Publicly admitting that you are wrong and the fact that you boss says you are wrong can be very hard to do she did it.


Now back to NPR and PBS....

I have found some very fair criticisms of NPR and PBS namely they are suppose to be the voice of those not represented or under represented in the rest of the media. It is part of the charter and when you really look at the guest list they are often the same folks that are in the main stream media also. That is a fair criticism.

I still have not found a serious comprehensive study of all shows all broadcasts for a say 6-month period of time that measures the left-ness or right-ness of NRP/PBS stories.
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #31
Grumpy1
Senior Member
 
Grumpy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Berkley
Posts: 892
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I just feel she stumbles through interviews. Sometimes shes a fan of who she is talking with and I can understand that but other times it just seems very unprofessional.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #32
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Very well written post. However I disagree about Terry Gross. She is quite possible the worse interviewer on this planet.
i agree also good response. Like i said i have no "proof" to its left leaning. Just from watching if for years, it seems more left leaning in editorial content. Thats all. about the "wasting as hour" i can still enjoy a well produced show slamming delay. I dont have to agree with every minutia and detail to enjoy it. In defense of that delay ambramhoff special. It was the most detailed and indepth and clear show i had seen on the topic. It was well done. I just think their was a editorial spin on it. Like for example they detailed this town house delays organization had him make phone calls from to avoid legalities of doing at the capital. OHH NOO. Many congressmen have organizations and chairities and causes. Also the spin that he took these "poor" casino indians money.

Cry me a river. Any indian tribe with hundreds of thousands to spend on lobbying isnt doing bad, they arent paying taxes on that money, or following labor laws, or anything. FAWK 'em. I feel the same way with all the foreign lobby money. I dont give two shits if a US congressmen misleads a latin america bananna grower, a south african diamond company (so long as they are privately held and no us shareholders are losing money cuase of it). The editorial spin was these poor indians were hoodwinked when they were blatantly trying to buy a law to protect their casino, and another was trying to buy a law to kill anothers casino to further enrich their own casino. Lesson. White man no can be trusted. Blue eyed devil.

Last edited by jamiesann; November 18th, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.27927 seconds with 56 queries