Was this guy and his knives really a threat to these police officers? (NSFW video) - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #81
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,084
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Now we are getting into big "ifs" but if something large scale were to happen and the Fed govt were to try to turn the police against the public, I truly believe it would backfire on an epic scale. I know lots of cops, and they didnt become copsfor that reason. Often times for the exact opposite reasons. I honestly believe police would be some of the major forces fighting against the govt of it were to come to it. Most cops are gun loving freedom singing patriots and would gladly stand up to keep those rights. We are very type A personalities who dont like being told what we can or cant do.
I believe that to mostly hold true, I worry more about it slowly happening.

If tomorrow the gov went crazy I would believe your scenario to be true.

But as we slowly lose freedoms and such I would worry we would get to a point where all of a sudden we look up and go "oh shit, we're in a police state"
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #82
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,009
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
You watch too much TV. However, seeing as youre an expert why arent you a police officer?


ive worked all over the state. Never have I seen a department have a professional negotiator. Weve all had training but its all theory. Safety still takes precedent over everything else.

Oh, and did you miss the part that the police were there because he had cut multiple people already? And that the officers are people too and he could be a danger to them? Do you really think a highly trained tactical unit responds with long guns to a guy "whos only squatting"????
TV has nothing to do with my argument, my argument is based on the situation while yours is based on a "might" happen. No, they weren't there in response to an attack, they were there because of a squatting call. He had attacked other people previously for different calls. That would be the reason for the officers being armed the way they were. I'm not saying they should have gone and said pretty please; i'm saying that I don't think the situation warranted the action the officers took.

This isn't in Michigan BTW, it was in New Mexico. Do I know if they have a pro negotiator; I have no idea. I'm not saying that the end result is a bad thing, i'm saying the action they took was not warranted for what the guy was doing.

We could go back and forth all day, it's easy to look back and pick apart how it was done and what could have been better. I can't say i'd treat the situation differently If I was there, to be honest. Doesn't change that it wasn't the right thing to do
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #83
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,969
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
TV has nothing to do with my argument, my argument is based on the situation while yours is based on a "might" happen. No, they weren't there in response to an attack, they were there because of a squatting call. He had attacked other people previously for different calls. That would be the reason for the officers being armed the way they were. I'm not saying they should have gone and said pretty please; i'm saying that I don't think the situation warranted the action the officers took.

This isn't in Michigan BTW, it was in New Mexico. Do I know if they have a pro negotiator; I have no idea. I'm not saying that the end result is a bad thing, i'm saying the action they took was not warranted for what the guy was doing.

We could go back and forth all day, it's easy to look back and pick apart how it was done and what could have been better. I can't say i'd treat the situation differently If I was there, to be honest. Doesn't change that it wasn't the right thing to do
See post #79
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #84
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,009
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteguy82 View Post
See post #79
Oh, i'm sorry. I have a different opinion than the majority so I should just be quiet
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #85
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,969
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Oh, i'm sorry. I have a different opinion than the majority so I should just be quiet
No; it was the repetition of statements that didn't make sense that did it for me.
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #86
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,976
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
TV has nothing to do with my argument, my argument is based on the situation while yours is based on a "might" happen. No, they weren't there in response to an attack, they were there because of a squatting call. He had attacked other people previously for different calls. That would be the reason for the officers being armed the way they were. I'm not saying they should have gone and said pretty please; i'm saying that I don't think the situation warranted the action the officers took.

This isn't in Michigan BTW, it was in New Mexico. Do I know if they have a pro negotiator; I have no idea. I'm not saying that the end result is a bad thing, i'm saying the action they took was not warranted for what the guy was doing.

We could go back and forth all day, it's easy to look back and pick apart how it was done and what could have been better. I can't say i'd treat the situation differently If I was there, to be honest. Doesn't change that it wasn't the right thing to do
I will agree 100% about it being easy to look back now and make a judgement on what we know. However, you aren't looking at the big picture. There is almost certainly lots we dont know about this situation. Police all across the country operate pretty much the same and have pretty much the same tools available. Usually, results arr pretty spot on to what any other dept. would do in the same situation.

I will agree that IF what the officers did was unwarranted then they should be prosecuted. However, I highly doubt 3 highly trained officers would have all acted the same way without a need to do so. One being a quick draw is a mild possibility but all three in the video acted the same way. That speaks volumes.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #87
stoney bones
Member
 
Join Date: 06-30-11
Location: michigan
Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
One being a quick draw is a mild possibility but all three in the video acted the same way. That speaks volumes.


...about how police are being trained today.

Maybe they did nothing illegal, but their excessive force is what is hurting their reputation and causing a loss of trust amongst the rest of civilians.
stoney bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #88
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,049
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney bones View Post
...about how police are being trained today.

Maybe they did nothing illegal, but their excessive force is what is hurting their reputation and causing a loss of trust amongst the rest of civilians.
What about them being trained? Are "they" being trained today to do something different than they did yesterday? What about tomorrow? What will they train to do then? There is no loss of trust at least a measurable one to count. You know how I know this. Because people still call the police when they need them. When voters are given a choice at the voting booths they still vote for increases for police budgets. The media loves to paint police in a negative light because it sells.
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:26 AM   #89
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,976
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

For fucks sake. Have you had police training? Do you know how police train even a little?


Besides that, your statement is nothing but contradiction. Take a stance and stick to it instead of pussy footing around. How the hell can someone not do something wrong but do something wrong? lol
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:27 AM   #90
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,976
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Don't argue with Stoney Bones, Hancho. He will only tell you how you aren't wrong, but you are wrong. And then he will call the 5-0 when shit hits the fan in his world, but will say he doesn't trust us.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:21 AM   #91
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,286
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Now we are getting into big "ifs" but if something large scale were to happen and the Fed govt were to try to turn the police against the public, I truly believe it would backfire on an epic scale. I know lots of cops, and they didnt become copsfor that reason. Often times for the exact opposite reasons. I honestly believe police would be some of the major forces fighting against the govt of it were to come to it. Most cops are gun loving freedom singing patriots and would gladly stand up to keep those rights. We are very type A personalities who dont like being told what we can or cant do.
While I agree with you and support you guys till the end, I had an interesting conversation with a guy you may personally know. Ironically I was buying a weapon from him and during our discussion, it turned to Obama's hatred for "assault" weapons. I made a similar comment about my expectations from LEO & military as you posted here. This guy is a former MP and now a deputy. His response to me.... "He is our commander in chief and we will follow his orders".

That scares the bejesus out of me that there are people like that.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #92
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,181
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
That scares the bejesus out of me that there are people like that.
X2. I always go back to the the gun seizure in New Orleans during Katrina. Knowing that during a natural disaster someone in uniform could knock on your door and say to hand over your guns. That sends chills down my spine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #93
Rob the plumber
Licensed master plumber
 
Rob the plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-06
Location: New Baltimore, Michigan
Posts: 5,666
iTrader: (32)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

That actually happened?
Rob the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:09 AM   #94
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,181
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

http://www.nraila.org/media-center/2...r-katrina.aspx
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #95
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,976
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
While I agree with you and support you guys till the end, I had an interesting conversation with a guy you may personally know. Ironically I was buying a weapon from him and during our discussion, it turned to Obama's hatred for "assault" weapons. I made a similar comment about my expectations from LEO & military as you posted here. This guy is a former MP and now a deputy. His response to me.... "He is our commander in chief and we will follow his orders".

That scares the bejesus out of me that there are people like that.
That scares me too. I think thats likely thr minority though.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #96
in2deep
Hole tester
 
Join Date: 05-06-10
Location: fremont,mi
Posts: 1,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

looks like the fbi is looking into it now
in2deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #97
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,548
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
looks like the fbi is looking into it now
Why? Gl4x4 already did an investigation.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #98
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,806
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
Why? Gl4x4 already did an investigation.
X2
Just send the FBI this thread.
Case closed.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #99
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,969
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #100
BadMoonRacing500
Freedom isn't Free
 
BadMoonRacing500's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-11-10
Location: Harbor Springs MI
Posts: 775
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
looks like the fbi is looking into it now
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/fb...ting-of-camper

Seems the local PD has been under investigation by the FBI for over a year for excessive use of force.
__________________
If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't run a piss-ants go-cart, two laps around a Cheerio.
BadMoonRacing500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.39615 seconds with 80 queries