Random Thoughts: Firearms Edition - Page 9 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > The Great Outdoors
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Great Outdoors Guns, Cannons, Fishing, Camping, and other fun stuff

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #161
Wehan
Senior Member
 
Wehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-07-06
Location: Charlotte, MI
Posts: 2,543
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

__________________
Wehan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #162
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

We've had the NFA stuff down here forever, I don't think anybody is seeing 3 month turnarounds no matter how they file.
FlatFender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #163
Easy_E
Web Wheeler !
 
Easy_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: St Johns Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
Some CLEO's won't sign off on the forms because of their "beliefs" so the sure fire way is to do a trust. The previously mentioned quicker turn around times for E-file with a trust is just a bonus. Plus, you can put multiple people on the trust so they can use and be in possession of your NFA items, and trusts can last after you die.
The thing that scares me it investing in all the toys then if I die the ATF just picks them up. Your wife has to reapply and pay two hundred a piece to get them back.
Easy_E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #164
Easy_E
Web Wheeler !
 
Easy_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: St Johns Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
We've had the NFA stuff down here forever, I don't think anybody is seeing 3 month turnarounds no matter how they file.
I'm just going by what I'm reading ?

Quote:
Form 4 Trust ~ E-Filed

SDN6 purchased and filed (during Gov. shut down) - 10/10/13
Went pending - 10/23/13
Approved - 1/23/14

97 days from purchase
92 days from the pending date
Quote:
another 3 month efile received
online order: 10/15/2013
Form 4 Sent: 10/22/2013
Check Cashed: 10/15/2013
Pending: 10/22/2013
Approved: 1/22/14
Easy_E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #165
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Guys on the Carolinas shooting forum are reporting 6+ months on efile currently.
I'm talking out my ass here though, I don't have any cool go-fast NFA stuff. Maybe someday.
FlatFender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:39 PM   #166
Easy_E
Web Wheeler !
 
Easy_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: St Johns Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
Guys on the Carolinas shooting forum are reporting 6+ months on efile currently.
I'm talking out my ass here though, I don't have any cool go-fast NFA stuff. Maybe someday.
This is what I read too . I hope to have my first in 6-8 months :-(
Easy_E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #167
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Shot a CZ P-02 on Sunday. Really felt nice in the hand. Better than the CZ Shadow...
FlatFender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #168
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,977
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

I had a dream last night that I was in a gun shop and they had wooden hand guards, grips and stocks for the AR15.

Weird.
__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:06 AM   #169
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,977
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

Ugh... Now people on MGO are COMPLAINING because Sig Sauer offers too many different variations and options for their pistols from the factory and it makes it hard to choose.

Fucking seriously?
__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #170
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,505
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I had a dream last night that I was in a gun shop and they had wooden hand guards, grips and stocks for the AR15.

Weird.

Lol it's a half breed ak/ar. It would get made fun of.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #171
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,989
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I had a dream last night that I was in a gun shop and they had wooden hand guards, grips and stocks for the AR15.

Weird.


http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod38906.aspx
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #172
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,505
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post

Meh
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #173
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Very meh.
FlatFender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #174
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,977
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

I'm well aware that they exist... I was more puzzled as to why the hell I was dreaming about it. I remember being amused by seeing them.
__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:17 AM   #175
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,989
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I'm well aware that they exist... I was more puzzled as to why the hell I was dreaming about it. I remember being amused by seeing them.
Gun dreams + morning wood = AR-15 wooden furniture?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #176
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,977
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Gun dreams + morning wood = AR-15 wooden furniture?
That may have been what happened.
__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #177
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,972
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

The black laminated doesn't look too bad
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #178
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,977
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

I decided to abort mounting the Leupold Deltapoint on my AR15 because, quite simply, my eyes and brain absolutely HATED it. I packed it all up and took pictures of everything to put it up for sale so I could finally just buy my ACOG and be done with it... then I decided to see just how hard it would be to pop the rear sight off of my Beretta M9. Everything I read on the interwebs said it was extremely difficult and you need the expensive as fukc Beretta sight pusher to get it out... They lied.

A few quick whacks with a brass punch and hammer and the rear sight plopped right out. No issue at all and not a mark left on either the sight or on the pistol.

I then pulled out the Beretta 92 dove tail and adapter from the Deltapoint kit and the 92 dove tail just slid right in very loosely (like sexing Skooter's Mom) and I immediately became angry. I said fukc it and slapped the mounting plate on top of it, then the Deltapoint and locked down the screws. Tighter than a virgin on prom night.

I'm keeping it. Absolutely LOVE it on the M9. None of the brain malfunctions I had when I tried using it on my AR15.



Shitty pic of the reticle but you get the idea:



Bottom reticle is the real one. Top one is just a ghost reflection due to the angle of the camera. When looking at the sight in person it's just a bright red triangle:

__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #179
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,505
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I decided to abort mounting the Leupold Deltapoint on my AR15 because, quite simply, my eyes and brain absolutely HATED it. I packed it all up and took pictures of everything to put it up for sale so I could finally just buy my ACOG and be done with it... then I decided to see just how hard it would be to pop the rear sight off of my Beretta M9. Everything I read on the interwebs said it was extremely difficult and you need the expensive as fukc Beretta sight pusher to get it out... They lied.

A few quick whacks with a brass punch and hammer and the rear sight plopped right out. No issue at all and not a mark left on either the sight or on the pistol.

I then pulled out the Beretta 92 dove tail and adapter from the Deltapoint kit and the 92 dove tail just slid right in very loosely (like sexing Skooter's Mom) and I immediately became angry. I said fukc it and slapped the mounting plate on top of it, then the Deltapoint and locked down the screws. Tighter than a virgin on prom night.

I'm keeping it. Absolutely LOVE it on the M9. None of the brain malfunctions I had when I tried using it on my AR15.



Shitty pic of the reticle but you get the idea:



Bottom reticle is the real one. Top one is just a ghost reflection due to the angle of the camera. When looking at the sight in person it's just a bright red triangle:


I knew I shoulda kept that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #180
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,977
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
I knew I shoulda kept that.


Yep. Best part of it? It can just sit right on the night stand and it remains off. I grab the pistol and it automatically turns on and adjusts to light conditions. BOOYA!
__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > The Great Outdoors
Tags
meballs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.27897 seconds with 81 queries