|January 27th, 2014, 04:48 PM||#1|
June 6-8, 2014 - Grayling Trail Rides & More
THE SATURDAY TRAIL RIDE WILL BEGIN AT 9AM. WE WILL HAVE A SHORT DRIVERS MEETING AT 8:45AM.
Friday June 6th
- 8:30 PM Sunset/Night Ride - The ride will start at the corner of Hartwick Pines Road and 612. This ride will last roughly 1.5 hours.
Saturday June 7th
- 9:00 AM Group Trail Ride - This will be the main trail ride for the weekend. We will head out at 9AM. We will be doing a lighter trail ride in the afternoon and hopefully finding some areas to do some hill climbs and such in the afternoon. We will stop for lunch at a restaurant in Lovells. The ride will start at the corner of Hartwick Pines Road and 612.
- 9:00 PM Evening Campfire - Saturday night campfire.
Sunday June 8th
- 9:00 AM AuSable Canoeing Trip - We will be using Penrods in Grayling, MI. There is different length trips. I am planning to do the 2.5 hours trip so that we can be back around noon to clean up and hit up St Helens on the way home.
- 2:00 PM St Helens Scramble Area - For anyone who still wants to hit some trails and have a little more challenge I plan to hit up St Helens for a few hours on the way home. Pretty cool area with some cool hill climbs and decent rocks.
Everyone is welcome to join us for part or all of the events.
Times are subject to change
Camping & Hotels are available in the area.
Places to Stay
Below are the places that everyone is staying.
River Park Campground $20-$30 - Owner is a big gear head. Mention the jeep group and you will be placed with everyone else.
Fays Motel - Grayling, MI http://www.faysmotel.net/
kvanleuven + 8 Confirmed
CALA Offroad + 4 Confirmed
choppergar + 1
TORC811 + 1
Jsawduste + 1
Plus 10 others on FB Group
Last edited by kvanleuven; May 26th, 2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Additions
|January 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM||#8|
|February 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM||#14|
Canoeing Trip Details
Mike Anderson has used Penrods Canoe before so this is who we are going to use for our trip. Trip lengths can be 2.5, 4, or 5.5 hours long. Prices are $24, $28, and $38 respectively for canoes, $20, $24, and $34 for single kayaks, and $28, $32, and $42 for double kayaks.
I have young kids so I am gong to be taking the 2.5 hour trip however anyone that wants to take the longer trips is welcome to. They say that we do not need reservations for canoeing but I still want to make them just to be on the safe side.
If you plan on going, make sure to comment or message me!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|