Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 3rd, 2013, 06:57 AM   #61
nickb304
Senior Member
 
nickb304's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: jackson/mi
Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)
a buddy of mine posted this on facebook:

wing by nickb304, on Flickr

with the caption "am I the only one wondering if this is what Paul Walkers angel wings will look like."

Last edited by nickb304; December 3rd, 2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: grammar police
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM   #62
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: (12)
angle wings?

What angle would they be at? 45 Degrees?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:47 AM   #63
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,140
iTrader: (1)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM   #64
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,066
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
angle wings?

What angle would they be at? 45 Degrees?
When you are all out of funny comments........go to the grammar bashing!!
__________________
Come roll with us........
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM   #65
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
When you are all out of funny comments........go to the grammar bashing!!
Sorry. Angle/Angel is the one that bugs me the most, since Rexroth has it misused in their controls (Feed Angel, sheesh)
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:38 PM   #66
nickb304
Senior Member
 
nickb304's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: jackson/mi
Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)
sorry, fixed it.
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM   #67
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
Incorrect and misspelled words just jump out at me. It's like a literary speedbump.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM   #68
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,107
iTrader: (46)


kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM   #69
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 2,583
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post


I know everyone likes to joke I get it.

I just wonder if your kid ever takes a header on the Mtn bike, dies, and I think it's funny and post jokes, will you laugh with me?
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM   #70
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 7,905
iTrader: (6)
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 02:56 PM   #71
8PTBUCK
Yo
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (6)
I miss Ryan Dunn
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I was teasing him cuz mines bigger and louder
8PTBUCK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM   #72
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,107
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
I know everyone likes to joke I get it.

I just wonder if your kid ever takes a header on the Mtn bike, dies, and I think it's funny and post jokes, will you laugh with me?
Too soon?

I wonder if you really just compared someone driving a car well over the legal speed limit to someone getting injured enjoying a hobby that doesn't put anyone else in harms way?

I'm sorry if i offended you're easily hurt feelings. But I find a significantly huge difference in the death of a child riding a bike in comparison to the death of rich dudes driving cars on public roads and crashing them and dieing.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM   #73
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 2,583
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Too soon?

I wonder if you really just compared someone driving a car well over the legal speed limit to someone getting injured enjoying a hobby that doesn't put anyone else in harms way?

I'm sorry if i offended you're easily hurt feelings. But I find a significantly huge difference in the death of a child riding a bike in comparison to the death of rich dudes driving cars on public roads and crashing them and dieing.
It's sad that some people can be so cold. A death is a death. Yes we was careless and yes the acts he engaged in were dangerous to many. Maybe I am weird but I always feel a death sucks, maybe it doesn't directly impact you but it isn't something to laugh at and joke about. If someone "deserves" it, in my mind it doesn't take the hurt away for family and friends.

My feelings aren't hurt at all, it easy to see your morals through your ignorant childish post. It's sad you weren't raised to have compassion for fellow humans. I feel sorry for you.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:49 PM   #74
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,107
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
It's sad that some people can be so cold. A death is a death. Yes we was careless and yes the acts he engaged in were dangerous to many. Maybe I am weird but I always feel a death sucks, maybe it doesn't directly impact you but it isn't something to laugh at and joke about. If someone "deserves" it, in my mind it doesn't take the hurt away for family and friends.

My feelings aren't hurt at all, it easy to see your morals through your ignorant childish post. It's sad you weren't raised to have compassion for fellow humans. I feel sorry for you.


You know me so well. Because I said all of those things that you assumed.

This discussion has been had a million times around here.

Some dude died, it's sad that his family has lost a loved one. Dude who died was engaging in wreckless behavior that increased his risk of death. Should I feel sorry for him? He knew the risks.

If I was sad about every person who died I'd spend my whole life being sad, 20 people have died since I started typing this post.

Are you sad for all of them?

What about the food you eat, are you sad for those cows and chickens too?

Notice no one makes jokes about the deaths of our soldiers overseas, why? Because they didn't choose to act like a jackass, they offered up their life to protect our freedoms and deserve respect. Please explain to me why i should have any compassion or respect towards someone who intentionally engaged in dangerous behavior and left his family and friends behind? It isn't like he didn't have the money to go and race his porsche around on a closed course where it would be safe.

Last edited by kickstand; December 3rd, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:12 PM   #75
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 2,583
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post


You know me so well. Because I said all of those things that you assumed.

This discussion has been had a million times around here.

Some dude died, it's sad that his family has lost a loved one. Dude who died was engaging in wreckless behavior that increased his risk of death. Should I feel sorry for him? He knew the risks.

If I was sad about every person who died I'd spend my whole life being sad, 20 people have died since I started typing this post.

Are you sad for all of them?

What about the food you eat, are you sad for those cows and chickens too?

Notice no one makes jokes about the deaths of our soldiers overseas, why? Because they didn't choose to act like a jackass, they offered up their life to protect our freedoms and deserve respect. Please explain to me why i should have any compassion or respect towards someone who intentionally engaged in dangerous behavior and left his family and friends behind? It isn't like he didn't have the money to go and race his porsche around on a closed course where it would be safe.
I am most deffently sad for any loss of a human. I don't let it affect my life but I take no enjoyment in mocking a loss of life. I don't find anything funny about it.

I am not "sad" for a food source that is harvested. I once again take no enjoyment in mocking the processes. I was taught to respect the things I harvest and use them. It's not something to take lightly, those that do are sick fucks.

The respect I have for the military men and women who are injured or killed is above most. I once again don't mock any death.

Now to your mute point. He took unneeded risk and payed dearly. Not only did he pay but he forced family and friends to have pain that didnt need to happen. I still can't grasp why his stupid actions call for the mocking of his life and the pain felt by people close to him. I think it's a sick thing.

I only hope when you have a death that hits close to home you can find humor in it. It's a real funny thing right?

Last edited by Jiveturkey3; December 3rd, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM   #76
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: (12)
His death has zero effect on my life. Zero. I do not know him or anyone he knows.


What is sad, is that it isn't until after he died that we hear about the charities he was involved with that lost a valuable voice.

Turns out he wasn't a douchey Hollywood type that had to trumpet all his 'good work' like some other actors do.

For that- he will be missed.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:57 PM   #77
8PTBUCK
Yo
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
I only hope when you have a death that hits close to home you can find humor in it. It's a real funny thing right?
So are you implying that Paul Walker's death "hit close to home" for you?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I was teasing him cuz mines bigger and louder
8PTBUCK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM   #78
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 2,583
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8PTBUCK View Post
So are you implying that Paul Walker's death "hit close to home" for you?
You're missing the point, and that information isn't relivent.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:05 PM   #79
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,140
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #80
8PTBUCK
Yo
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
You're missing the point, and that information isn't relivent.
I get what you're saying. But I think comparing the death of a movie star that was doing illegal activities that has no impact on Chads life to the death of one of his kids is completely irreverent.

Paul Walker knew the risks. He got the short end of the stick. Sad for his family, but as for him, zero fukcs given.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I was teasing him cuz mines bigger and louder
8PTBUCK is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20785 seconds with 50 queries