Has anyone here actually tried to sign up for O-care yet? Heard something about it - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,913
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default Has anyone here actually tried to sign up for O-care yet? Heard something about it

Not sure if I totally heard this right. Not saying this is actually happening, but it's what it sounded like in the report.

While signing up the Obamacare on the website, they ask questions that are a little out there. One was are you a republican or democrat, then do you own any guns...and if yes, what kind. Do you hunt animals with a firearm? Then there were questions on sexual preference and what kind of vehicle you drive. WTF?
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #2
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,523
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy_Tim View Post
Not sure if I totally heard this right. Not saying this is actually happening, but it's what it sounded like in the report.

While signing up the Obamacare on the website, they ask questions that are a little out there. One was are you a republican or democrat, then do you own any guns...and if yes, what kind. Do you hunt animals with a firearm? Then there were questions on sexual preference and what kind of vehicle you drive. WTF?
I would answer ZERO of those questions.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #3
opie
www.krissplicing.com
 
Join Date: 07-21-08
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 817
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/individual/

All I get is a white screen.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #4
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,502
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

My parents said they talked to a guy that went on the website, entered all the infomation checked out what was available, and then decided to opt out. 3 days later he got a letter in the mail from the IRS stating that the penalty was going to be taken out of his 2013 tax returns.

*This is hearsay, and I can not confirm the facts, just relay as told to me*
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #5
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,509
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy_Tim View Post
Not sure if I totally heard this right. Not saying this is actually happening, but it's what it sounded like in the report.

While signing up the Obamacare on the website, they ask questions that are a little out there. One was are you a republican or democrat, then do you own any guns...and if yes, what kind. Do you hunt animals with a firearm? Then there were questions on sexual preference and what kind of vehicle you drive. WTF?
I don't need the insurance but I did try to go through just to see what it was like and did not get any of those question. I did not go all the way through to get insurance.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #6
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,509
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
The link works for me.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,913
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

I wonder if different states have different questions.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #8
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Where do I sign up for free obamacare?
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #9
rosie
Member
 
Join Date: 12-02-07
Location: Memphis, MI
Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I did go all the way through it. Very tedious. Nothing asked about guns or party affiliation. I qualified for some incentive, and the premium was still more than what I pay for benefits at work. Took 12 days to finally get all the way through because every time I tried it would have some kind of glitch. If I could have gone start to finish in one string it would have taken me about an hour to answer questions about me and my three kids.
rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #10
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,523
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Affordable = costs more.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #11
rosie
Member
 
Join Date: 12-02-07
Location: Memphis, MI
Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Affordable = costs more.
Exactly. The most identical coverage to what I have now would cost me about $140 more per month than what I'm paying through my employer, and that's even taking in to consideration the tax incentive I qualified for
rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #12
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,523
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie View Post
Exactly. The most identical coverage to what I have now would cost me about $140 more per month than what I'm paying through my employer, and that's even taking in to consideration the tax incentive I qualified for
But does your employer cover some of the cost?

If so maybe they will still pick up that portion?
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #13
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,243
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

I work with a guy that had a hard on about saving a few bucks a year over what our employer supplies. He didn't say anything about deductibles though.

Well anyway I shit on his parade when I reminded him that our current premiums come out pre-tax and Obiecare comes out of post tax dollars. He went from :) to in .02 seconds.

The only positive thing I can say about Obiecare is it appears that people with multiple children actually pay more than a single child family. It doesn't seem like a ton, but at least its more.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #14
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,523
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
I work with a guy that had a hard on about saving a few bucks a year over what our employer supplies. He didn't say anything about deductibles though.

Well anyway I shit on his parade when I reminded him that our current premiums come out pre-tax and Obiecare comes out of post tax dollars. He went from :) to in .02 seconds.

The only positive thing I can say about Obiecare is it appears that people with multiple children actually pay more than a single child family. It doesn't seem like a ton, but at least its more.
That last part actually makes some sense.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #15
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,074
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
My parents said they talked to a guy that went on the website, entered all the infomation checked out what was available, and then decided to opt out. 3 days later he got a letter in the mail from the IRS stating that the penalty was going to be taken out of his 2013 tax returns.

*This is hearsay, and I can not confirm the facts, just relay as told to me*
From what I understood it will not effect the 2013 year. Fines would come after filing 2014 return. That makes more sence seeing as it isn't mandatory until I believe March 2014? I may be wrong.... But that's the info I was told
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #16
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,362
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
I work with a guy that had a hard on about saving a few bucks a year over what our employer supplies. He didn't say anything about deductibles though.

Well anyway I shit on his parade when I reminded him that our current premiums come out pre-tax and Obiecare comes out of post tax dollars. He went from :) to in .02 seconds.

The only positive thing I can say about Obiecare is it appears that people with multiple children actually pay more than a single child family. It doesn't seem like a ton, but at least its more.
Insurance premiums at every company i have worked for are classified as follows:

single (just the employee)
Single + One (doesn't matter who the plus one is, spouse or child)
Family (3 insured or more)
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #17
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,933
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I applied yesterday and none of those questions were on there. Their website did suck btw!
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #18
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,509
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
From what I understood it will not effect the 2013 year. Fines would come after filing 2014 return. That makes more sence seeing as it isn't mandatory until I believe March 2014? I may be wrong.... But that's the info I was told
yes, I believe that is true. The deadline for having insurance is after many people would have already filed their tax returns.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #19
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,509
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
I work with a guy that had a hard on about saving a few bucks a year over what our employer supplies. He didn't say anything about deductibles though.

Well anyway I shit on his parade when I reminded him that our current premiums come out pre-tax and Obiecare comes out of post tax dollars. He went from :) to in .02 seconds.

The only positive thing I can say about Obiecare is it appears that people with multiple children actually pay more than a single child family. It doesn't seem like a ton, but at least its more.
From what I've been hearing it seems that the people getting the Obamacare sticker shock are either people that had very bare bones insurance before, or people with several kids.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #20
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
From what I've been hearing it seems that the people getting the Obamacare sticker shock are either people that had very bare bones insurance before, or people with several kids.
Obama should just be up-front about his goal and put restrictions on the number of kids/household (maybe 2 per household like China).
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
meballs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.29746 seconds with 82 queries