Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #1
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Battlefield 4

Paging Cracker...

No thread about this coming out today?

Too busy with GTA V?

Waiting for it on PS4?



I played the beta and it was kinda cool getting crushed by a falling 30 story building...
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #2
SS
Sexing your Nancy, Dale!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Arlen, TX
Posts: 10,293
iTrader: (13)
I LOVE BF3 but I don't how I feel about buying BF4 for PS3 knowing that in a few months the PS4 will be coming out and you know damn well the PS4 version of the game is going to be leaps and bounds more incredible.
__________________
-Jeremy



Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #3
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
People over 18 actually buy and play these games?
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #4
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I LOVE BF3 but I don't how I feel about buying BF4 for PS3 knowing that in a few months the PS4 will be coming out and you know damn well the PS4 version of the game is going to be leaps and bounds more incredible.
I'm on the fence.

I've been playing BF3 on my POS laptop for the past week or so and that has gotten me itching to play the new one. But it also has me wanting a new laptop because its sooo much better than the console version.

I think they have some deal where you can upgrade to the PS4 or Xbox One version if you bought the current gen game.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #5
unclebeaner
can you hear the banjos?
 
unclebeaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-04-06
Location: Flat Rock 48134
Posts: 8,595
iTrader: (65)
$10 to upgrade with xbox
__________________
Avid collector of useless things.
unclebeaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #6
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,095
iTrader: (46)
Will Greasemonkey take the day off work to play this game tomorrow?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Cartman
Can't lose with 42s
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-17-06
Location: Williamsburg, MI
Posts: 1,021
iTrader: (6)
Haven't played since BF2 on PC. Thinking about getting back into it....
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #8
fordbronco
Look at that flex!
 
fordbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-11
Location: Marlette, Michigan
Posts: 3,401
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Haven't played since BF2 on PC. Thinking about getting back into it....
same here
fordbronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #9
RockyMTN05
Cadillac pimpin
 
RockyMTN05's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-07
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to RockyMTN05
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
People over 18 actually buy and play these games?
I dunno what rock you've been sleeping under, but video games now earn more money than big blockbuster movie releases.

So yeah...apparently someone's buying them.
RockyMTN05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #10
SS
Sexing your Nancy, Dale!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Arlen, TX
Posts: 10,293
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTN05 View Post
I dunno what rock you've been sleeping under, but video games now earn more money than big blockbuster movie releases.

So yeah...apparently someone's buying them.
^This


I have yet to hear of any movie ever breaking over $1,000,000,000 the first weekend it was released.
__________________
-Jeremy



Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #11
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTN05 View Post
I dunno what rock you've been sleeping under, but video games now earn more money than big blockbuster movie releases.

So yeah...apparently someone's buying them.
That has nothing to do with my question.

I am amazed that a responsible adult with family would have time to play these games.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,551
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
^This


I have yet to hear of any movie ever breaking over $1,000,000,000 the first weekend it was released.
$12 for 1.5-3 hours of entertainment (movie, plus snack. make that 25-30 for two)
$50 for 24+ hrs of entertainment (option of multiplayer or co-op)

I'd be curious what would happen if they closed down movie theaters/rental store and only came out on dvd, forcing people to buy the movie from the getgo.

Game is better value for money if you already have the interwebs.






Now imagine if 42" tires were only $200

How many more fukctards would be off roading?
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,290
iTrader: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
That has nothing to do with my question.

I am amazed that a responsible adult with family would have time to play these games.
Many responsible adults with families like to get wasted and/or screw random individuals.

Anyone with a hobby wastes time. Your point is as sharp and a tennis ball.
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #14
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,095
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
That has nothing to do with my question.

I am amazed that a responsible adult with family would have time to play these games.
How so? What makes a video game ANY different than the time you spend on GL4x4? Or working on your jeep? Or hunting, fishing, biking, whatever the fukc your hobby is?

I don't play much if any, except for with the kids (not shoot em up games) or after the kids have gone to bed I may play a game of madden or something. I don't see how its any different than watching TV or a movie after the kids have gone to bed....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #15
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 2,575
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
How so? What makes a video game ANY different than the time you spend on GL4x4? Or working on your jeep? Or hunting, fishing, biking, whatever the fukc your hobby is?

I don't play much if any, except for with the kids (not shoot em up games) or after the kids have gone to bed I may play a game of madden or something. I don't see how its any different than watching TV or a movie after the kids have gone to bed....
You are missing the point. He is looking to insult someone because he has selfesteem issues. He feels if he poorly attempts to bash someone for playing a game to relax and release worries and stress, he will feel better about the fact that he is not responsible and is not keeping up with life. He has no clue about marketing or why company's sell something that he doesn't like. People with narrow minds such as his can't see that they too are "wasting" time just in a different way. It's really sad that people are this uneducated and it's typically the parents who failed.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #16
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
How so? What makes a video game ANY different than the time you spend on GL4x4? Or working on your jeep? Or hunting, fishing, biking, whatever the fukc your hobby is?

I don't play much if any, except for with the kids (not shoot em up games) or after the kids have gone to bed I may play a game of madden or something. I don't see how its any different than watching TV or a movie after the kids have gone to bed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
You are missing the point. He is looking to insult someone because he has selfesteem issues. He feels if he poorly attempts to bash someone for playing a game to relax and release worries and stress, he will feel better about the fact that he is not responsible and is not keeping up with life. He has no clue about marketing or why company's sell something that he doesn't like. People with narrow minds such as his can't see that they too are "wasting" time just in a different way. It's really sad that people are this uneducated and it's typically the parents who failed.
Two spot on comments in a row!

If you sit back and analyze any hobby or interest it's bound to be seem dumb to someone at some point in time.

It's amazing how critical people get, not only of the subject, but also of the people who enjoy it, when they disagree with something.

Hobbies are like art. Their beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

Moving on...

I think I may upgrade the laptop so I can be an irresponsible adult and play this game. Although it may not be right away. From what I've been seeing this game is having it's typical new game pains. Maybe I'll give it a week or two fore DICE/EA to get everything all ironed out.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #17
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,095
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
You are missing the point. He is looking to insult someone because he has selfesteem issues. He feels if he poorly attempts to bash someone for playing a game to relax and release worries and stress, he will feel better about the fact that he is not responsible and is not keeping up with life. He has no clue about marketing or why company's sell something that he doesn't like. People with narrow minds such as his can't see that they too are "wasting" time just in a different way. It's really sad that people are this uneducated and it's typically the parents who failed.
I'm well aware of howell_jeep and his douchisms
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #18
Mudking
Senior Member
 
Mudking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-13
Location: Milan/MI
Posts: 596
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
That has nothing to do with my question.

I am amazed that a responsible adult with family would have time to play these games.
Wow. I play video games. Cod (bo2 and mw3). Halo. Madden. I don't play day in and out. But a few times a week. And I hunt. And I tinker with my 3 vehicles. 2 4x4s and a supercharged Buick. I also work out.

I coach my sons soccer team. We lost 8-6 this weekend but my son scored all 6 of our goals. Yes. He's good because I spend time with him.

What the hell is your point... so I'm irresponsible huh?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Mudking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #19
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Wow, hold your horses gents.

First of all, I did not call anyone an irresponsible parent, if you think so then you need better reading comprehension, or I need better writing skills. Anyway, sorry if you felt offended.

I guess I was wrong. After reading the socioeconomic demographics of gamers I know that my perception of a typical gamer was incorrect. Even though the study was done by esa and they would have me as a gamer also, since I will sometimes play poker on my phone.

Well, game on then.

I have actually learned something on gl4x4. Amazing.

Oh, and I guess I did not think it through about gaming and other hobbies. Two wrongs in one post do not make a right, but three left turns make a right.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #20
wilesin
Senior Member
 
wilesin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-16-09
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,609
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
Wow, hold your horses gents.

First of all, I did not call anyone an irresponsible parent, if you think so then you need better reading comprehension, or I need better writing skills. Anyway, sorry if you felt offended.

I guess I was wrong. After reading the socioeconomic demographics of gamers I know that my perception of a typical gamer was incorrect. Even though the study was done by esa and they would have me as a gamer also, since I will sometimes play poker on my phone.

Well, game on then.

I have actually learned something on gl4x4. Amazing.

Oh, and I guess I did not think it through about gaming and other hobbies. Two wrongs in one post do not make a right, but three left turns make a right.
Go away.
wilesin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21912 seconds with 52 queries