Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #61
in2deep
Hole tester
 
Join Date: 05-06-10
Location: fremont,mi
Posts: 1,240
iTrader: (3)
I still haven't filled the lp tank yet but its going to happen soon
in2deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #62
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 7,980
iTrader: (10)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
I just got raped. I mean I ordered 325g of propane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
I still haven't filled the lp tank yet but its going to happen soon
I did home delivery for ProGas for a couple years. One of the reasons I started looking for a different job is people who were on autofill, to get the reduced rate, I'd show up to fill it, hand them a bill for 5-600 bucks, and they would be upset becasue they simply didn't have the money to fill it. I felt like such an ass, but didn't have a choice. We had to get the gallons out for our quota.

Not saying you guys can't afford it, I just remember the looks in peoples eyes when i would hand them a bill.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 09:33 AM   #63
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Ours has been on for a while. I like being comfortable with just a t-shirt & shorts while watching TV. I have no interest in needing to dress like I'm going ice fishing while sitting in my own home.

Same here.

When I, or my wife, feel cold we turn the furnace on. If it warms up enough outside we open the windows and turn the furnace off. Pretty easy to do too, there is an on/off switch and a temperature selector and everything. Don't even have to feed coal into the furnace anymore.

I just don't understand the false and stupid bravado of waiting till a certain date and being uncomfortable or even down right cold.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM   #64
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,173
iTrader: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Same here.

When I, or my wife, feel cold we turn the furnace on. If it warms up enough outside we open the windows and turn the furnace off. Pretty easy to do too, there is an on/off switch and a temperature selector and everything. Don't even have to feed coal into the furnace anymore.

I just don't understand the false and stupid bravado of waiting till a certain date and being uncomfortable or even down right cold.
I love the feeling of cold sheets till my naked body warms them up.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 09:45 AM   #65
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,884
iTrader: (3)
Still have not turned it on, love it being cold when I sleep! Most of my roomates and I are not home during the day so really no point in turning the furnace on yet. I am sure it will happen soon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkencityworker View Post
"BREAK HIS FACE"
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM   #66
Padilen
Senior Member
 
Padilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-12
Location: LeRoy Michigan
Posts: 1,338
iTrader: (0)
I have a programmable thermostat but I don't program it. My uncle was. "Looking" at it . Next day I realized that my set point was raised.
I asked him if he had done it and he said.
" I never touched it , but my body heat must have because I saw it change".
Yah, right.
Padilen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM   #67
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 5,923
iTrader: (37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Ours has been on for a while. I like being comfortable with just a t-shirt & shorts while watching TV. I have no interest in needing to dress like I'm going ice fishing while sitting in my own home.
Same here. My wife said she was cold one morning, when I went by the thermostat I flipped the switch.

I even used the garage furnace once. It was damp so I ran it to take the chill out.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Barn sale! Check out what's left!
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM   #68
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
I love the feeling of cold sheets till my naked body warms them up.

You sir are just a freaky snowflake anyway.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM   #69
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,295
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Same here.

When I, or my wife, feel cold we turn the furnace on. If it warms up enough outside we open the windows and turn the furnace off. Pretty easy to do too, there is an on/off switch and a temperature selector and everything. Don't even have to feed coal into the furnace anymore.

I just don't understand the false and stupid bravado of waiting till a certain date and being uncomfortable or even down right cold.
Nothing false or stupid here, I'm perfectly comfortable at 60 degrees, even less while sleeping. My furnace has not come on yet, but probably will this week.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:06 PM   #70
Padilen
Senior Member
 
Padilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-12
Location: LeRoy Michigan
Posts: 1,338
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padilen View Post
I have a programmable thermostat but I don't program it. My uncle was. "Looking" at it . Next day I realized that my set point was raised.
I asked him if he had done it and he said.
" I never touched it , but my body heat must have because I saw it change".
Yah, right.
I think I might have to call my uncle and apologize. I just went up stairs and the set point is 62 and house is 71 and it's set on program.
So either I have a spook messing with it or batteries are bad. Hopefully not a bad stat.
Padilen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:26 PM   #71
Mudking
Senior Member
 
Mudking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-13
Location: Milan/MI
Posts: 594
iTrader: (0)
so I kicked it on this morning. as I am the first one up. it was a bit chilly down stairs. 59 ish. So I kicked it on to 63 just to get some hot air flowing.

came home this afternoon and it was set at 70. I was HOT. like temp wise. couldnt stand it. so i compromised at 65 for day time temp, and 60 at night time temp. I set it for 65 and went outside and tinkered with the jeep.

came in just now and its 69... still warmer than I care for it to be. damn house doesnt cool down very fast! (I guess its good for efficiency/cost)...

oh well... so much for the nov 1st.
Mudking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM   #72
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,395
iTrader: (40)
Well I had a malfunction with my new ultra fancy t-stats, I walked in yesterday and the house was sitting a 80*
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM   #73
Padilen
Senior Member
 
Padilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-12
Location: LeRoy Michigan
Posts: 1,338
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
Well I had a malfunction with my new ultra fancy t-stats, I walked in yesterday and the house was sitting a 80*
I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow, I hope that doesn't happen.
Padilen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:08 PM   #74
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,395
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padilen View Post
I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow, I hope that doesn't happen.
I'm not sure what happened, maybe I set the program wrong or something, but anywho I bought these, http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-RET9...Honeywell+wifi and as of right now I do NOT recommend them. I am required to run two t-stats due to my system. They sit right on top of each other. With that being said one would think they would display the same temp...WRONG. They are about 3-5 degrees apart at any given time. The wifi feature is very cool and I can control the house from anywhere with a Internet connection, but for the price I paid, you would think these would be dead on with the temps...I still have some tweeking to do and a call to tech support to sort them out...if not I'm returning them

Last edited by High Center Hancho; October 22nd, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:10 PM   #75
chevotass
Senior Member
 
chevotass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-06
Location: goodrich
Posts: 6,041
iTrader: (21)
Send a message via AIM to chevotass
turned mine on yesterday
chevotass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:15 PM   #76
Padilen
Senior Member
 
Padilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-12
Location: LeRoy Michigan
Posts: 1,338
iTrader: (0)
When do you turn on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
I'm not sure what happened, maybe I set the program wrong or something, but anywho I bought these, http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-RET9...Honeywell+wifi and as of right now I do NOT recommend them. I am required to run two t-stats due to my system. They sit right on top of each other. With that being said one would think they would display the same temp...WRONG. They are about 3-5 degrees apart at any given time. The wifi feature is very cool and I can control the house from anywhere with a Internet connection, but for the price I paid, you would think these would be dead on with the temps...I still have some tweeking to due and call to tech support to sort them out...if not I'm returning them
Well that's fancy! Nice to control from Internet.
I don't even know why I bought a programmable, I don't program it.
Padilen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM   #77
Silver Bullet
Livin the American Dream
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: Westland, MI
Posts: 3,704
iTrader: (4)
Our house stays pretty warm. At night when it's been 40 out our house hits about 68-69. If we feel like it for.comfort we just kick the electric fireplace on for 30 minutes or so and the house will be 72.

I anticipate turning ours on probably around Nov 15-30.

Last edited by Silver Bullet; October 22nd, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:24 AM   #78
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 2,568
iTrader: (1)
I turn my system on the day before Christmas Eve and turn it off the day after Christmas. Otherwise it's simply placing wood in the c
black box, that has happened for a few weeks now. Currently it's chilly at 83 in my living room.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:42 AM   #79
Blue XJ
The Green Machine
 
Blue XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sterling Heights
Posts: 3,528
iTrader: (27)
Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
I was outside bbq'ing last night and I heard our AC kick in. So I'm assuming it'll be a while before the heat gets turned on. I think the AC is set to 74, so it hasn't gotten below that in our house yet. New windows and 2 feet of attic insulation really helps hold the temperature in the house.

Once it drops in temp we'll have to keep it on, since we have an infant in the house.

It didn't take much longer before I had to turn it on. Sure has been getting cold at night, our furnace has been on for a few days now.
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20054 seconds with 49 queries