Muddypaws new Avatar - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Muddypaws new Avatar

What happened to Devos for Gov avatar???

Not feeling confident :tonka:








Okay, carry on with your lives



and I'm glad I had a chance to vote today regardless of who won


Edit: Yes I guess this should have been in the Political forum

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; November 7th, 2006 at 10:12 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Mike L
Senior Member
 
Mike L's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-19-06
Location: G.C.
Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Devos lost? How can this be?
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #3
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Devos lost? How can this be?
Well in the US citizens over the age of 18 have the right to vote and more voted for Jenny then Dick or in other words we (the majority) dicked Devos before he dicked us

Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #4
mudd_jumper
Senior Member
 
mudd_jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-20-05
Location: Macomb Twp,MI
Posts: 5,120
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Devos lost? How can this be?

I agree with you there in my feild the job market was bad enough. I may need to start looking elsewhere
mudd_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:28 PM   #5
Stone
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Bay City, Rochester
Posts: 839
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Stone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Devos lost? How can this be?
x2 I love this state but hate the idiots in it.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #6
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd_jumper View Post
I agree with you there in my feild the job market was bad enough. I may need to start looking elsewhere
and you truly thought Devos was going to make your job maket better??

He's the guy that restructed his company in Burmuda for tax purposes . . . good for his business and stockholders but bad for his political carreer.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #7
Grandman
do i look old !
 
Grandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Branch Mi
Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Well in a day or two look up what countys voted the bitch back in . From Bay county south id bet .
Grandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #8
mudd_jumper
Senior Member
 
mudd_jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-20-05
Location: Macomb Twp,MI
Posts: 5,120
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
and you truly thought Devos was going to make your job maket better??

He's the guy that restructed his company in Burmuda for tax purposes . . . good for his business and stockholders but bad for his political carreer.
At lest he had a plan I am still waiting for hers to kick in?????????
mudd_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #9
mudd_jumper
Senior Member
 
mudd_jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-20-05
Location: Macomb Twp,MI
Posts: 5,120
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandman View Post
Well in a day or two look up what countys voted the bitch back in . From Bay county south id bet .
yes most likely that is what it is have to wait and see????
mudd_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #10
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,362
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

"In five more years, you're gonna be blow away" :tonka:
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #11
SANDMAN
Shhhhhh
 
SANDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-21-06
Location: oxford
Posts: 951
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandman View Post
Well in a day or two look up what countys voted the bitch back in . From Bay county south id bet .
You can bet on that
SANDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #12
Stone
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Bay City, Rochester
Posts: 839
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Stone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandman View Post
Well in a day or two look up what countys voted the bitch back in . From Bay county south id bet .
5$ on saginaw county south
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #13
shaker
In the band!
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: West Branch
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
5$ on saginaw county south
You might not want to look.http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pag.../G/00/map.html
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #14
BowtieWrangler
Senior Member
 
BowtieWrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Location: Detroit
Posts: 446
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i think people are forgetting the fact that were losing jobs becuase manufacturing isnt the way of the future for the US. I have both parents in the manufacturing industry and it blows what is happening to them but neither party can truly save the jobs we have. Neither would work and Devos plan was to bring toyota and honda here. Granholm already brought one toyota plant. So, there will be what some jobs for younger guys but what about the middle age adults; their not so appealing on the job market when most are not extremely educated with degrees or skills. If your concerned about your job staying here talk to your president on job regulations for the jobs leaving the country. Stop free trade and put trade regulations on foriegn steel and automobiles thats about the only way are current US manufacturing and automotive jobs can compete fairly with a foriegn market. I know he told manufacturing employees in this area that its tough luck becuase those jobs are going. Neither Granholm or Devos is going to completely turn around the current situation. Don't get me wrong i like views on both sides but what really would be done and would is said is to different things.
BowtieWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #15
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
for the love of all that's holy we should give the UP to Wisconsin . . . all then DEM voting Uppers :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #16
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,401
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieWrangler View Post
i think people are forgetting the fact that were losing jobs becuase manufacturing isnt the way of the future for the US. I have both parents in the manufacturing industry and it blows what is happening to them but neither party can truly save the jobs we have. Neither would work and Devos plan was to bring toyota and honda here. Granholm already brought one toyota plant. So, there will be what some jobs for younger guys but what about the middle age adults; their not so appealing on the job market when most are not extremely educated with degrees or skills. If your concerned about your job staying here talk to your president on job regulations for the jobs leaving the country. Stop free trade and put trade regulations on foriegn steel and automobiles thats about the only way are current US manufacturing and automotive jobs can compete fairly with a foriegn market. I know he told manufacturing employees in this area that its tough luck becuase those jobs are going. Neither Granholm or Devos is going to completely turn around the current situation. Don't get me wrong i like views on both sides but what really would be done and would is said is to different things.

Yeah, I always say you should punish the ones who do something better....Toyota makes a better car and cheaper, PUNISH them.

On a side note, where is this Toyota plant the Jen Jen delivered?

Also, the Asians tend to build the cars sold to the USA, in the USA.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #17
BRC 88MJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Imlay City, MI
Posts: 116
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

As far as I know, it's a tech center not a plant.
BRC 88MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #18
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
As far as I know, it's a tech center not a plant.
You are correct, sir!

You're not gonna see a Toyota manufacturing facility here any time soon. As I've stated before, there's a reason Toyota, Honda, Nissan, BMW, and Mercedes located their plants in states like rural OH, KY, TN, SC, MS, TX, and AL. It has to do with unionism and the workforce.

Jenny's not gonna change that, and neither could Dick.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #19
cornfed
I have an avatar. Yippee.
 
cornfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Happy Funtown U.S.A.
Posts: 4,115
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
for the love of all that's holy we should give the UP to Wisconsin . . . all then DEM voting Uppers :tonka:
That would relieve a lot of the MI welfare burden.
cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #20
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed View Post
That would relieve a lot of the MI welfare burden.
Are you saying that welfare goes to people that are not in the intercities??? Wow, does the rest of GL4x4 know this?? :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32895 seconds with 82 queries