******** SnoFari 2014 - The SoFficial thread ******** - Page 43 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:00 AM   #841
fsumotorhead
N8KVB
 
fsumotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-24-06
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 4,197
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I've yet to see it myself, but from what I have been told it sounds like a bad starter solenoid, or corroded cables.

It's in a dirt floor, unheated, pole barn with no lights, so i'll have to check it out Saturday morning for myself.

I'm sure it's nothing major.

I'm more worried about the roadworthyness, since I won't be able to get my trailer out until spring.
fsumotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:08 PM   #842
TOPTRUK
Never Ending....
 
TOPTRUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-08
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 608
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TFROT View Post
where did you find the material for the windshield? I'll have to go that route once my OE craps out. it's cracked pretty bad on the pass side and I'm sure will get worse at some point. it'll be a bitch to replace with real glass.
I bought my polycarbonate sheet off eBay and cut it myself. You can usually find drops that will fit for cheaper then the whole sheet. I bought it from popdisplays on eBay and would recommend the seller.
TOPTRUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:32 PM   #843
Tweeternpi
Senior Member
 
Tweeternpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-23-06
Location: Carleton, Mi
Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsumotorhead View Post
I've yet to see it myself, but from what I have been told it sounds like a bad starter solenoid, or corroded cables.

It's in a dirt floor, unheated, pole barn with no lights, so i'll have to check it out Saturday morning for myself.

I'm sure it's nothing major.

I'm more worried about the roadworthyness, since I won't be able to get my trailer out until spring.
If you need to get it to your house let me know. I can get to my trailer.
Tweeternpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:03 PM   #844
unclebeaner
can you hear the banjos?
 
unclebeaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-04-06
Location: Flat Rock 48134
Posts: 9,075
iTrader: (72)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsumotorhead View Post
I've yet to see it myself, but from what I have been told it sounds like a bad starter solenoid, or corroded cables.

It's in a dirt floor, unheated, pole barn with no lights, so i'll have to check it out Saturday morning for myself.

I'm sure it's nothing major.

I'm more worried about the roadworthyness, since I won't be able to get my trailer out until spring.
i gots the heat and hoist
unclebeaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM   #845
tonka toy
It's got a HEMI!
 
tonka toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-08
Location: West Olive, MI 49460
Posts: 12,493
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Polycarbonate windshield drilled and mounted. Bikini top found. Still gonna be cold, but sure will be nice to cut the wind some
This mean your not going topless
__________________
Always missed, Never forgotten
FullSize4Life

08' 4door JK 5.7 hemi, auto and atlas
2012 F350 6.7 PSD CC shortbox


Quote:
Originally Posted by alboy79 View Post
Remember. It only takes one pregnancy to F up a jeep build.
tonka toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM   #846
1TFROT
Senior Member
 
1TFROT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-09
Location: chi-town
Posts: 1,286
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPTRUK View Post
I bought my polycarbonate sheet off eBay and cut it myself. You can usually find drops that will fit for cheaper then the whole sheet. I bought it from popdisplays on eBay and would recommend the seller.
cool thanks
1TFROT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:34 AM   #847
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,048
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka toy View Post
This mean your not going topless
No, Alice and I will be sharing a bikini top.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:47 AM   #848
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Polycarbonate windshield drilled and mounted. Bikini top found. Still gonna be cold, but sure will be nice to cut the wind some

Borrow some full doors to stop the wind from swirling around, and if you can find one of those windbreakers that goes across behind the seats grab it. I did a bikini top about 5 years back in windy single digit to sub zero temps. While kinda doable with the right clothes it still wasn't the best idea I've ever had
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:56 AM   #849
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
No, Alice and I will be sharing a bikini top.
What happens at SnoFari stays at SnoFari
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:23 AM   #850
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,048
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
Borrow some full doors to stop the wind from swirling around, and if you can find one of those windbreakers that goes across behind the seats grab it. I did a bikini top about 5 years back in windy single digit to sub zero temps. While kinda doable with the right clothes it still wasn't the best idea I've ever had


She has some plastic wrap that they use on their buggies she's bringing along. We have snowmobile gear.....we will be good .....I don't want to borrow any doors. I'd feel awful if I wrecked some one else's stuff. I'm so gentle on my rig ya know
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:19 PM   #851
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
She has some plastic wrap that they use on their buggies she's bringing along. We have snowmobile gear.....we will be good .....I don't want to borrow any doors. I'd feel awful if I wrecked some one else's stuff. I'm so gentle on my rig ya know

Saran Wrap is better than a bikini top any day
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:59 PM   #852
79cj5crazy
Blowin shit up since 1976
 
79cj5crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-08
Location: Burnips, MI
Posts: 472
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
-81" wheelbase, locked x 2 = True
-2-3 PSI (Double beadlocked and Jeep weight under a ton) = True
-25 MPH = True, although we may have got up to 30 last year. Downhill.
-Anything WR says = Bullshit


WHAT??? You do know that a ton is 2000lbs ... Right?
79cj5crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 06:07 PM   #853
tonka toy
It's got a HEMI!
 
tonka toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-08
Location: West Olive, MI 49460
Posts: 12,493
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

The Toyota is all loaded up lets see if I can go break it tomorrow at R&V then fix it in time for snofari.
__________________
Always missed, Never forgotten
FullSize4Life

08' 4door JK 5.7 hemi, auto and atlas
2012 F350 6.7 PSD CC shortbox


Quote:
Originally Posted by alboy79 View Post
Remember. It only takes one pregnancy to F up a jeep build.
tonka toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:44 PM   #854
alboy79
Wheres your loyaltys lie?
 
alboy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Conklin, Michigan or 49403 for shipping
Posts: 11,471
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka toy View Post
The Toyota is all loaded up lets see if I can go break it tomorrow at R&V, then ill have more time for drinking at snofari.
__________________
CheapThrills Off-Road
Ill see you when I see you, Fullsize4life
It might be lonely at the top, but its a bitch at the bottom.
alboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:54 PM   #855
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cj5crazy View Post
WHAT??? You do know that a ton is 2000lbs ... Right?
Factory curb weight on an early 5 is only 2200Lbs;
- Single wall glass race body that you can literally see through on a sunny day.
- No cage.... and I'm still alive after 20+ years of driving it
- Mostly aluminum 3800 engine
- Open C frame with bell crank crossmember and all cast iron pedals, mounts etc removed.
- Cast iron drum e-brake and all related crap removed.
- Interior gutted other than a pair of clapped out 66' VW Beetle seats

Last time on the scale without me or tools etc.. in it, no spare or trail rack, it was 1977 Lbs. I've yet to weigh it all loaded up with me in it, but figure it's still under 2500 in trail form.
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:00 PM   #856
alboy79
Wheres your loyaltys lie?
 
alboy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Conklin, Michigan or 49403 for shipping
Posts: 11,471
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
I've yet to weigh it all loaded up with me in it, but figure it's still under 2500 in trail form.
Thats over a ton...
__________________
CheapThrills Off-Road
Ill see you when I see you, Fullsize4life
It might be lonely at the top, but its a bitch at the bottom.
alboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:56 PM   #857
danimal
IS IT JEEPIN TIME
 
danimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-14-07
Location: saginaw michigan
Posts: 690
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

But only after mike gets in it........oh I am going to pay for that

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
danimal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:07 PM   #858
79cj5crazy
Blowin shit up since 1976
 
79cj5crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-08
Location: Burnips, MI
Posts: 472
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Damn...mine is just under 4000lbs trail ready...looks like I need to put her on a diet
79cj5crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:37 PM   #859
1TFROT
Senior Member
 
1TFROT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-09
Location: chi-town
Posts: 1,286
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cj5crazy View Post
Damn...mine is just under 4000lbs trail ready...looks like I need to put her on a diet
I feel fat. mine's 5300# at trail weight :lol:
1TFROT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:20 PM   #860
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,393
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TFROT View Post
I feel fat. mine's 5300# at trail weight :lol:
Don't worry, RenegadeII is fat at trail weight too. And that doesn't include the jeep.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
Tags
meballs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33369 seconds with 81 queries