92 Aerostar Going to scrap Delete please. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Vehicles for sale
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 10th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #1
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default 92 Aerostar Going to scrap Delete please.

TRades welcome , 30-06 , 35mm Marlin/ Rem. Lap top. PC. Flat screen , Quad , Jeep, ???????/

I Bought this from a guy on here and got smooshled a bit. Being a trusting guy I did th deal. While driving home with it ,it was running rough. I looked into the prob. and found EVERY plug wire was on wrong and the timing was changed enough to make it run. I fixed that but it still has a on and off miss. I believe it has a sticky injector due to driving it 200+ miles with the wires wrong and not firing right. I ran some sea foam threw it and it helped . A shop told me they think it could be the Cad.converter also clogged if they were driving it around like this longer than I know of. This sounds like a possible chain of links to the miss. I drive it a few times a week and it goes well just a slight miss. Dont need the van and could be a great clean car for someone needy. Here is my CL-Post


This is the post I responded too.
Clean 92 Aerostar for sale or trade - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Last edited by ronprice; November 18th, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #2
michigan_Redneck
semi-pro web crawler
 
michigan_Redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-19-10
Location: V-ville, MI
Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to michigan_Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to michigan_Redneck
Default

4.0L or 3.0L? auto?
michigan_Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #3
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

3.0 auto
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #4
snboarder113
Senior Member
 
snboarder113's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-12
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Is there a chocolate milk stain on the back seat? Looks like our old one from years ago.
snboarder113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #5
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Not that I seen. This was from D-rot area
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #6
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

winter runner. sister in need car,
Save gas drive this instead of the D-Max or cum stroker.
Day care mobile
Trades welcome ?????? U Got
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #7
LayinLow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-27-06
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I was 100% honest in my disclosure of selling this. We owned it for years and never had any major problems with it.

As far as the plugs being wrong and timing being off, if that was the case it was from my cousin who did a tune up on it just before I started driving it. I hadn't been under the hood of that thing since probably 2004 when we got it from my aunt the original owner. It never ran rough, or gave me any problems in the month plus time of me driving after the work was done before we did a deal.

If it makes you feel any better the expedition is sitting in the backyard broken down again for the 3rd time this month.
LayinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #8
fordbronco
My name is Buck Naked
 
fordbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-11
Location: Marlette/Flint
Posts: 5,746
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

fordbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #9
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayinLow View Post
I was 100% honest in my disclosure of selling this. We owned it for years and never had any major problems with it.

As far as the plugs being wrong and timing being off, if that was the case it was from my cousin who did a tune up on it just before I started driving it. I hadn't been under the hood of that thing since probably 2004 when we got it from my aunt the original owner. It never ran rough, or gave me any problems in the month plus time of me driving after the work was done before we did a deal.

If it makes you feel any better the expedition is sitting in the backyard broken down again for the 3rd time this month.
NOT^^ Take Care sleep well.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #10
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,542
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

As is means as is.

Blame no one but yoslef!

Pos for a Pos = even

Life goes on

Lol
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #11
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,084
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
As is means as is.

Blame no one but yoslef!

Pos for a Pos = even

Life goes on

Lol
Perfect way to sum this up.


Looks like ya both screwed each other. Talk about instant karma
__________________
-Jer

Fallen GL4x4 Member's Family in Need!!

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=301273

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #12
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Perfect way to sum this up.


Looks like ya both screwed each other. Talk about instant karma
No I Didnt screw anyone. I was 100% with my rig. So keep your cheep shots to yourself. If you knew me you would know I am a very upstanding person. If he drove it for 3 months like he stole it he may of had some issues. Or didnt do common upkeep. I didnt even get 2 miles down the road and I new I had been Had, So go Karma the F out of yourself and stay off my post.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #13
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,084
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Default

No. I refuse to leave this post now. Funny you speak of karma when the POS you traded is broken down junk yet come here crying about the POS you got being broken down junk.
__________________
-Jer

Fallen GL4x4 Member's Family in Need!!

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=301273

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #14
PinItToWinIt
Senior Member
 
PinItToWinIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-02-09
Location: Ray/ Michigan
Posts: 170
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sounds like you both wanted out of your junk. Now you just have someone else's broken junk.. Sounds like just about every CL special, trade junk for junk seems fair to me.. At least you didn't trade for blown subs
PinItToWinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #15
LayinLow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-27-06
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Not that I feel I even need to defend myself here, I'll put my 2 cents in since it's gone this far already

I can't even confirm the issues you speak of were at all my fault or if it happened after the fact. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you did seem like honest guy, and the fact that I did just have a tune up done a few months prior so I do see how that could've happened.

But I do however have a hard time believing you knew "you've been had" 2 miles down the road, when I drove it the way it was for almost 2 months back and forth to work, and over a 150 miles at 70 mph to meet you with out any issues.

I dunno what happened after I handed you the keys but to that point I knew it is a rock solid reliable van, it was in my family since brand new and I was only the 3rd person who drove it on a regular basis. My dad gave me this van when he got a new car, I really had no reason to get rid of it other then the simple fact I'm not much of a van guy. I do know when we called 2 days later to notify you that we sent out the title and you be receiving it in a day or two that there were no issues spoken of then and you seemed to be happy with the car.

As far as the expedition being advertised as 100% I can't say I agree with that either... Windows rolling down anytime the thing gets wet, a bad coil pack, the fact I drove home with no break lights not knowing it. (That problem shifting into gear, was a broken wire on the brake pedal). The "slight donut exhaust leak" that was actually a crack on the manifold that someone slapped some popcorn welds on and even left about foot of flux tacked to it sticking out into the wheel well, or no mention of driver seat that looks like a pit bull had its way with. Or the slight rust on the rockers was actually all the way into the driver floor board with a 1" hole that is visible right through the carpet once you lift the floor mat. I could keep going... But I won't.

This was probably my 14th or 15th trade deal I've done in the past 10 years. Sometimes I gave away better cars then what I got, sometimes it went my way, but it never did in a dishonest way.

I took on a vehicle that had double the miles of the one I gave simply because I didn't want a van, nothing more, nothing less. I expected there to be issues, not as many as what I got but it's not the first time ive inherited more problems then what was advertised. Probably won't be the last as long as I continue trading, that's part of the risk of trading pink for pink.

Last edited by LayinLow; November 18th, 2013 at 04:22 AM.
LayinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #16
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,084
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayinLow View Post
Not that I feel I even need to defend myself here, I'll put my 2 cents in since it's gone this far already

I can't even confirm the issues you speak of were at all my fault or if it happened after the fact. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you did seem like honest guy, and the fact that I did just have a tune up done a few months prior so I do see how that could've happened.

But I do however have a hard time believing you knew "you've been had" 2 miles down the road, when I drove it the way it was for almost 2 months back and forth to work, and over a 150 miles at 70 mph to meet you with out any issues.

I dunno what happened after I handed you the keys but to that point I knew it is a rock solid reliable van, it was in my family since brand new and I was only the 3rd person who drove it on a regular basis. My dad gave me this van when he got a new car, I really had no reason to get rid of it other then the simple fact I'm not much of a van guy. I do know when we called 2 days later to notify you that we sent out the title and you be receiving it in a day or two that there were no issues spoken of then and you seemed to be happy with the car.

As far as the expedition being advertised as 100% I can't say I agree with that either... Windows rolling down anytime the thing gets wet, a bad coil pack, the fact I drove home with no break lights not knowing it. (That problem shifting into gear, was a broken wire on the brake pedal). The "slight donut exhaust leak" that was actually a crack on the manifold that someone slapped some popcorn welds on and even left about foot of flux tacked to it sticking out into the wheel well, or no mention of driver seat that looks like a pit bull had its way with. Or the slight rust on the rockers was actually all the way into the driver floor board with a 1" hole that is visible right through the carpet once you lift the floor mat. I could keep going... But I won't.

This was probably my 14th or 15th trade deal I've done in the past 10 years. Sometimes I gave away better cars then what I got, sometimes it went my way, but it never did in a dishonest way.

I took on a vehicle that had double the miles of the one I gave simply because I didn't want a van, nothing more, nothing less. I expected there to be issues, not as many as what I got but it's not the first time ive inherited more problems then what was advertised. Probably won't be the last as long as I continue trading, that's part of the risk of trading pink for pink.
__________________
-Jer

Fallen GL4x4 Member's Family in Need!!

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=301273

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #17
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Scrapping.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #18
LayinLow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-27-06
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

See you posted this on CL 5 days ago...

http://centralmich.craigslist.org/cto/4182739211.html

Based on what you say here in this thread vs what the add says I'd say your story doesn't add up.

100% honest eh?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LayinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #19
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,084
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayinLow View Post
See you posted this on CL 5 days ago...

http://centralmich.craigslist.org/cto/4182739211.html

Based on what you say here in this thread vs what the add says I'd say your story doesn't add up.

100% honest eh?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just got SO MUCH BETTER!

I love this site.
__________________
-Jer

Fallen GL4x4 Member's Family in Need!!

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=301273

SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #20
Wehan
Senior Member
 
Wehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-07-06
Location: Charlotte, MI
Posts: 2,599
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

__________________
Wehan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Vehicles for sale

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31746 seconds with 83 queries