Yay! - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #21
echotango
Senior Member
 
echotango's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Repatriated to Michiagn
Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
The "Liberal Communists" are back in control of the House!

The People have spoken, they are sick of this rubber stamp, corrupt, insane spending, lying administration! Schweet.
With "leadership" like this coming in, well, it proves that Republicans aren't the only ones who can shoot them selves in the foot. Even their own (Democrats) people don't want this guy out in front.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110009248

Form your own opinions.
echotango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #22
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,787
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echotango View Post
With "leadership" like this coming in, well, it proves that Republicans aren't the only ones who can shoot them selves in the foot. Even their own (Democrats) people don't want this guy out in front.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110009248

Form your own opinions.
My opinion is, Jack Murtha is popular because he came out against the war in Iraq a little less than a year ago and a majority of the U.S. agrees with him (see the midterm elections). If everything in that article is true and he is still elected to majority leader, can you see how important this war is and how strongly people are against it?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #23
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
My opinion is, Jack Murtha is popular because he came out against the war in Iraq a little less than a year ago and a majority of the U.S. agrees with him (see the midterm elections). If everything in that article is true and he is still elected to majority leader, can you see how important this war is and how strongly people are against it?

If the war was such a huge factor then how do you explain Leiberman's win?
There is a lot of reasons the Republicans lost so many seats, the war is only one part of the whole.

Murtha isn't even popular in his own party. I hope your not going to defend him, it would be real easy to show how corrupt he is.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #24
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,787
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
If the war was such a huge factor then how do you explain Leiberman's win?
There is a lot of reasons the Republicans lost so many seats, the war is only one part of the whole.

Murtha isn't even popular in his own party. I hope your not going to defend him, it would be real easy to show how corrupt he is.
wasn't defending him. just trying to make a point about the war.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.15643 seconds with 32 queries