Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Wanted
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 30th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #21
2fst4you
Senior Member
 
2fst4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: White Lake, MI
Posts: 3,125
iTrader: (9)
Ok I will look into it thanks!
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #22
VAhasnoWAVES
Dirty South
 
VAhasnoWAVES's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-11
Location: Lake City/Mount Pleasant
Posts: 548
iTrader: (1)
big bad ZJ tie rod... only good thing about it is that it wont rip in half like the tiny stocker, but the fact that its prebent seriously ruins the strength IMO. ive bent a number of them out or down like this before even smashing it on a rock. it just doesnt live up to big tires.


find a stock one at the junkyard cam. it has a .750 OD. sleeve it with some DOM. stock ends are cheap.
VAhasnoWAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #23
VAhasnoWAVES
Dirty South
 
VAhasnoWAVES's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-11
Location: Lake City/Mount Pleasant
Posts: 548
iTrader: (1)
how much are you willing to pay? ive got a ruffstuff kit. all heim steering and DOM. ive been thinking about running TREs instead on my WJ knuckles.
VAhasnoWAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #24
VAhasnoWAVES
Dirty South
 
VAhasnoWAVES's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-11
Location: Lake City/Mount Pleasant
Posts: 548
iTrader: (1)
actually... here ya go. just listed.
Axle Part(s): RuffStuff Heim Steering/Track Bar bracket - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest
VAhasnoWAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:56 AM   #25
2fst4you
Senior Member
 
2fst4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: White Lake, MI
Posts: 3,125
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhasnoWAVES View Post
big bad ZJ tie rod... only good thing about it is that it wont rip in half like the tiny stocker, but the fact that its prebent seriously ruins the strength IMO. ive bent a number of them out or down like this before even smashing it on a rock. it just doesnt live up to big tires.


find a stock one at the junkyard cam. it has a .750 OD. sleeve it with some DOM. stock ends are cheap.

What would I sleeve it with 1" .250 wall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhasnoWAVES View Post
how much are you willing to pay? ive got a ruffstuff kit. all heim steering and DOM. ive been thinking about running TREs instead on my WJ knuckles.
Idk as little as possible but that might be within budget. I might be selling the jeep so just need something to get it driving smoothly. What all will I need to run that kit? That replace my tie rod and drag link?
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM   #26
1 ton tj on 40's
Senior Member
 
1 ton tj on 40's's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-12
Location: not sure
Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (13)
I have this laying around. not sure if it will help. let me know by pm.

Last edited by 1 ton tj on 40's; April 3rd, 2014 at 07:04 PM.
1 ton tj on 40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM   #27
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
My only point is that if he needs a new one, needs the ends, he's running 33's, and probably selling his jeep, then the zj one is very economical for his needs and is an upgrade over stock. There is no point in buying used rod ends/tre's, they're not that expensive for new ones.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:31 AM   #28
2fst4you
Senior Member
 
2fst4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: White Lake, MI
Posts: 3,125
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
My only point is that if he needs a new one, needs the ends, he's running 33's, and probably selling his jeep, then the zj one is very economical for his needs and is an upgrade over stock. There is no point in buying used rod ends/tre's, they're not that expensive for new ones.
I'm running 35s
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:33 AM   #29
wilinsonlevi
Team Thumbs Up
 
wilinsonlevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-08
Location: marlette mi
Posts: 3,085
iTrader: (45)
Omg!
wilinsonlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM   #30
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4you View Post
I'm running 35s
Lol ok. I'm sure that extra 1.5 pounds of rubber will make it explode the first time you drive it. How long did your stock one last? Good luck on your never ending quest.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:46 AM   #31
2fst4you
Senior Member
 
2fst4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: White Lake, MI
Posts: 3,125
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
Lol ok. I'm sure that extra 1.5 pounds of rubber will make it explode the first time you drive it. How long did your stock one last? Good luck on your never ending quest.
I'm sure it will be fine just wanted to make sure because the other guy said it doesn't like big tires. I didn't run my stock one at all when wheeling a steering kit was one of the first things I bought.
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM   #32
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
That other guy might be a fucking retard and drive into shit thinking he has an indestructible jeep? I don't know. The way I see it is this.
1. You pony up and buy new shit. Buying someone else's with used ends on it is stupid.
2. Take yours off, bend it back straight and sleeve it. Easy to do, very little if any welding, and CHEAP.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 10:23 AM   #33
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,041
iTrader: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
That other guy might be a fucking retard and drive into shit thinking he has an indestructible jeep? I don't know. The way I see it is this.
1. You pony up and buy new shit. Buying someone else's with used ends on it is stupid.
2. Take yours off, bend it back straight and sleeve it. Easy to do, very little if any welding, and CHEAP.
But his tie rods are sloppy too.


What will he do?????


I think it all about and nothing actual.


Its been like that for over 6 months if iirc.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 11:55 AM   #34
VAhasnoWAVES
Dirty South
 
VAhasnoWAVES's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-11
Location: Lake City/Mount Pleasant
Posts: 548
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4you View Post
What would I sleeve it with 1" .250 wall?

Idk as little as possible but that might be within budget. I might be selling the jeep so just need something to get it driving smoothly. What all will I need to run that kit? That replace my tie rod and drag link?
1x.250 wall is going to have a .500 ID, how will it fit over a .750 OD? .125 wall should do a lot in helping the stock tie rod out.

the kit makes your steering just like justin's. but if your looking to make it drive so you can sell it, just go get some durafail parts and throw them on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
Lol ok. I'm sure that extra 1.5 pounds of rubber will make it explode the first time you drive it. How long did your stock one last? Good luck on your never ending quest.
actually... 35s are usually considerably heavier than 33s. 5-10lbs may not sound like much, but thats a ton when your talking about rotating mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
That other guy might be a fucking retard and drive into shit thinking he has an indestructible jeep? I don't know. The way I see it is this.
1. You pony up and buy new shit. Buying someone else's with used ends on it is stupid.
2. Take yours off, bend it back straight and sleeve it. Easy to do, very little if any welding, and CHEAP.
cool your jets hot shot.
VAhasnoWAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM   #35
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhasnoWAVES View Post
actually... 35s are usually considerably heavier than 33s. 5-10lbs may not sound like much, but thats a ton when your talking about rotating mass.


cool your jets hot shot.
Thank you for the physics lesson but I was being sarcastic because in his case it really doesn't matter as he's missing the point as usual.
Don't worry about my jets tough guy, I didn't make a personal comment about you. I simply said you MAY be a retard but I didn't know. Anyone who bends or breaks a number of the same item and doesn't upgrade may not be too bright. 33's and 35's aren't "big tires".

Last edited by Tab; December 1st, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM   #36
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,041
iTrader: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhasnoWAVES View Post


cool your jets hot shot.


Who is this guy????

Must be a friend of the OP.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM   #37
VAhasnoWAVES
Dirty South
 
VAhasnoWAVES's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-11
Location: Lake City/Mount Pleasant
Posts: 548
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
Thank you for the physics lesson but I was being sarcastic because in his case it really doesn't matter as he's missing the point as usual.
Don't worry about my jets tough guy, I didn't make a personal comment about you. I simply said you MAY be a retard but I didn't know. Anyone who bends or breaks a number of the same item and doesn't upgrade may not be too bright. 33's and 35's aren't "big tires".
here ya go cam, this guy is an expert. listen to him. he wheels his stuff hard. never bent that tough ZJ stuff. while i admittedly dont wheel that hard, but bent it regularly. id never trust that steering in wellsville, but the expert says itll be alright.

and mr expert, tell his LP30 that those arent big tires. im sure your unbent ZJ stuff will disagree, but "big" is a relative term here when you think about what its bolted to. still dont agree? go ask any woman you know... 2 inches makes a difference.

im sorry for continually discrediting what you say with my real world experience, mr expert. i forgot who the expert ones. now i remember. guess ill throw my DOM steering in the trash, because i are not too bright.





cam,
if you want to sell it or just drive it to the mall, stock stuff is going to be your cheapest option. if you want something better, your going to have to pay the price for bolt on parts. i can vouch for the currie stuff being extremely stout. if you want bullet proof, do some homework. this should give you some ideas.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...nk-setups.html

its not that hard.
VAhasnoWAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM   #38
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhasnoWAVES View Post
here ya go cam, this guy is an expert. listen to him. he wheels his stuff hard. never bent that tough ZJ stuff. while i admittedly dont wheel that hard, but bent it regularly. id never trust that steering in wellsville, but the expert says itll be alright.

and mr expert, tell his LP30 that those arent big tires. im sure your unbent ZJ stuff will disagree, but "big" is a relative term here when you think about what its bolted to. still dont agree? go ask any woman you know... 2 inches makes a difference.

im sorry for continually discrediting what you say with my real world experience, mr expert. i forgot who the expert ones. now i remember. guess ill throw my DOM steering in the trash, because i are not too bright.





cam,
if you want to sell it or just drive it to the mall, stock stuff is going to be your cheapest option. if you want something better, your going to have to pay the price for bolt on parts. i can vouch for the currie stuff being extremely stout. if you want bullet proof, do some homework. this should give you some ideas.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...nk-setups.html

its not that hard.
At what point did I say I was an expert exactly? I simply gave him another option for a semi cheap replacement, and a slight upgrade, for a jeep that he says he is probably selling. For him to find what he is looking for used may prove to be difficult, therefore, the option I mentioned is as close as any shitty autozone, advanced, napa, ect. I also said I ran it back when my jeep was on 33's, which was about 6 years ago. I'm sorry if I never bent it on the trips I took it on to include harlen and about a dozen trips to Canada. So my opinion, as was yours, is based on my actual experience with said product. He can do whatever they fukc he wants with the information he gathers. I've helped him as well as many others with advice in the past and I thought I'd offer him up the quickest/easiest fix for his issue.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:18 PM   #39
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,041
iTrader: (41)
He doesn't listen to the advice he is given anyway, he has proven that.

Does he have a new motor to replace the smokey one yet?
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:23 PM   #40
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
I don't know. I just thought I'd give him my two cents since I had actually experience with what I was trying to help him with. But apparently my experience is wrong.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Wanted
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24876 seconds with 51 queries