Solve American politics in 3 easy steps. - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #21
19914x4blazer
360 gamer tag mike93vr4
 
19914x4blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-19-07
Location: walled lake 48390
Posts: 1,543
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
let them buy heroin, meth, and crac on ebt!
welfare problem solved
I like were you're going with this
19914x4blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #22
barry1me
Just another day
 
barry1me's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-06
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 3,026
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Do you really want our government run by people willing to accept only $50,000 a year?
exactly. I have no problem with congressmen and lawmakers making $500k per year.

Statments like saying what someone should make is stupid and unamerican. If you have no skilled talents you should be paid so. if your skilled you should be paid so.

People working at fast food should make appropriate wages($7-$10/hr) and specialized surgeons should make several hundred thousand plus.
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #23
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRL View Post
Fuck yes.....it should be a job you have because you want to make things better for people, not about how much money YOU will make-
So the desire to help is more important than the ability to accomplish anything?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #24
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,490
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Wrong forum?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #25
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,596
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
exactly. I have no problem with congressmen and lawmakers making $500k per year.

Statments like saying what someone should make is stupid and unamerican. If you have no skilled talents you should be paid so. if your skilled you should be paid so.

People working at fast food should make appropriate wages($7-$10/hr) and specialized surgeons should make several hundred thousand plus.
I agree with that 100% for every one in the public sector. Not for elected officials who can vote for their own raises. Do you believe Diane feinstine is worth her very large salary along with all other career politicians.
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #26
DarrinGT
Senior Member
 
DarrinGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-09
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 493
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
No, Queen....to make it funny!

geez
Like button
DarrinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #27
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
No, Queen....to make it funny!

geez
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #28
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Here's the theory my boss has presented. Although you can find holes in it, give it some thought.

Make our representation a lottery system just like jury duty. Your employer is obligated to maintain your salary and you get your job back when you are done. You are not allowed to accept any form of pact payment.

If it works for sending someone to the gas chamber ... or not, why not for our government?
While I am not sure about letting someone who is uneducated or can't even handle their own financials take a shot at being in government I do like most of the ideas. We should make the lobbyists and the campaign donations illegal and if you get caught accepting them is treason.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #29
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

At the end of the fiscal year if the budget is not positively balanced it should be required of every citizen to pay an equal amount to make up the difference. That amount is currently almost $53,000 a head.

That law alone would cut out most of the bullshit overnight, because politicians would be drug out into the streets if they allowed this to happen.


Obviously not a serious idea, but you could imagine the new-found accountability politicians would be instilled with that they lack today.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #30
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Amend the Constitution to limit Congressional terms to a total of 12 years, regardless how served. Salary is less important than eliminating the career politicians.

Return the Senate to being appointed by State Legislatures instead of popular vote. That way, they're beholden to the states they represent instead of the party. While this would drive all kinds of that democracy is being reduced, it is the way the Senate was originally intended to be, closely tied to their states, while the House was elected by popular vote. For instance, Obamacare very likely would not have passed the Senate If senators were voting how their states wanted instead of along party lines.

Eliminate the electoral college and make Election Day the day after taxes are due (I.e. April 16).
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #31
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,490
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

push the reset button
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #32
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,615
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Purge and start over
montecarlo33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #33
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,325
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
We should make the lobbyists and the campaign donations illegal and if you get caught accepting them is treason.
Campaign donations and lobbying (ie buying politicians) could only be legalized by politicians. I don't know why the general public or the media has never taken these two blaring issues on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Amend the Constitution to limit Congressional terms to a total of 12 years, regardless how served. Salary is less important than eliminating the career politicians.

Return the Senate to being appointed by State Legislatures instead of popular vote. That way, they're beholden to the states they represent instead of the party. While this would drive all kinds of that democracy is being reduced, it is the way the Senate was originally intended to be, closely tied to their states, while the House was elected by popular vote. For instance, Obamacare very likely would not have passed the Senate If senators were voting how their states wanted instead of along party lines.

Eliminate the electoral college and make Election Day the day after taxes are due (I.e. April 16).
X2
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #34
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
Campaign donations and lobbying (ie buying politicians) could only be legalized by politicians. I don't know why the general public or the media has never taken these two blaring issues on.



X2
Because the media uses the politicians and probably is no better than any of the lobbyists. Also the lobbyists are the ones who are buying the commercials. You don't want to anger your clients.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.21984 seconds with 62 queries