Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:11 PM   #321
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
Looks like Whisenhunt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-detroit-lions

At least he has head coach experience.
They are also talking to Jim Caldwell, who was 29-22 or something with the colts and took them to a super bowl. Was under Tony Dungey as a QB Coach and Offensive Coordinator for years. I hope they are seriously considering him and not just interviewing him because of the Mooney Rule. He looks like a solid candidate.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:15 PM   #322
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 6,013
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
They are also talking to Jim Caldwell, who was 29-22 or something with the colts and took them to a super bowl. Was under Tony Dungey as a QB Coach and Offensive Coordinator for years. I hope they are seriously considering him and not just interviewing him because of the Mooney Rule. He looks like a solid candidate.

Agreed. Any "head coach" that has play off to super bowl experience preferred. Don't cheap out and look for a up and comer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:19 PM   #323
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

I think the hard part is getting head coaching and playoff experienced candidates to consider working here as a head coach.....

Another "like" for Caldwell is he was on the staff with the Ravens last year when they won the superbowl. He started the Season as the QB Coach and finished it as the O-Coordinator after they fired Cam Cameron.

He has a long history of QB Coaching....and spent much of his QB Coaching career with......Peyton Manning. Wouldn't that be nice for Mr. Stafford?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:40 PM   #324
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 6,013
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default Lions 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I think the hard part is getting head coaching and playoff experienced candidates to consider working here as a head coach.....



Another "like" for Caldwell is he was on the staff with the Ravens last year when they won the superbowl. He started the Season as the QB Coach and finished it as the O-Coordinator after they fired Cam Cameron.



He has a long history of QB Coaching....and spent much of his QB Coaching career with......Peyton Manning. Wouldn't that be nice for Mr. Stafford?

Hopefully stafford has a good attitude about being coached and doesn't act like a little bitch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:45 PM   #325
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
Hopefully stafford has a good attitude about being coached and doesn't act like a little bitch.
Fuck stafford if that's his attitude. We have Shaun Hill, and this draft is deep with some good QB's.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:53 PM   #326
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 6,013
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Fuck stafford if that's his attitude. We have Shaun Hill, and this draft is deep with some good QB's.

As long as it's not Johnny "my heads to big for the nfl" Manziel.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:56 PM   #327
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,491
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

2014

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:12 AM   #328
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
As long as it's not Johnny "my heads to big for the nfl" Manziel.
Nah, there's better "nfl" options. Teddy Bridgewater, the kid from UCF, Baylor, a few others. Manziel's too "run happy"
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:36 AM   #329
marshall
locally famous
 
marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-11
Location: mayville MI
Posts: 2,923
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Tom cable? Furreal?
marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:52 AM   #330
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Tom cable? Furreal?
No, not for real.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-head-coach/
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #331
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 6,013
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4576157.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #332
BadMoonRacing500
Freedom isn't Free
 
BadMoonRacing500's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-11-10
Location: Harbor Springs MI
Posts: 714
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Kickstand, you and I should be coach. Run and Gun...and bite peoples heads off... When are you coming up to the Highlands again? We must have drinks and I shall show the way to the new brewery
BadMoonRacing500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:58 AM   #333
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoonRacing500 View Post
Kickstand, you and I should be coach. Run and Gun...and bite peoples heads off... When are you coming up to the Highlands again? We must have drinks and I shall show the way to the new brewery
Are you talking about the brewery across from petoskey state park that let my wife stand at the bar for 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged her and handed her a menu to look over while there was a total of 4 patrons in the restaraunt?

Or is there a new"er" one?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:59 AM   #334
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Also you aren't gonna try and cop a feel on my wife when I am not looking are you
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #335
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 6,013
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Also you aren't gonna try and cop a feel on my wife when I am not looking are you

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 07:31 PM   #336
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If the Lions get Ken Wisenhut they will become a much better team. He spent a number of his years in Pittsburgh and he really knows how to call a game given the players he has...and he has balls.



His resume has "Super Bowl Victory" and "Detroit" in the same sentence already.

__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 07:40 PM   #337
Strider
Senior Member
 
Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-07-07
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 784
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Strider
Default

I'm hoping for Mike Zimmer, the Bengals DC. He's tough, animated, and his defenses play above their talent level every year. If he doesn't make the jump I'd like to see Whiz. The offense can put up points but the defense couldn't stop anybody with any consistency so I think we need a good OC and a defensive head coach.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #338
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,350
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post
If the Lions get Ken Wisenhut they will become a much better team. He spent a number of his years in Pittsburgh and he really knows how to call a game given the players he has...and he has balls.



His resume has "Super Bowl Victory" and "Detroit" in the same sentence already.

Yeah....he called 1 hell of a game yesterday (if you exclude quarters 1-3).
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 07:10 AM   #339
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Yeah....he called 1 hell of a game yesterday (if you exclude quarters 1-3).
I was thinking that the whole time I watched the game. Denver doesn't have a "shutdown" defense.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #340
BadMoonRacing500
Freedom isn't Free
 
BadMoonRacing500's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-11-10
Location: Harbor Springs MI
Posts: 714
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Are you talking about the brewery across from petoskey state park that let my wife stand at the bar for 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged her and handed her a menu to look over while there was a total of 4 patrons in the restaraunt?

Or is there a new"er" one?
Yup thats the one There is a new bar going in where Tapperonys used to be. I promise I won't cop a feel, just tell your wife to bring some hot friends Went and rode at The highlands yesterday conditions were great I'm still tossed up between Wisenhut and Caldwell. Wisenhut's name makes me laugh though.
BadMoonRacing500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21498 seconds with 51 queries