Lions 2013 - Page 16 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #301
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

They fired Schwartz!
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #302
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,766
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default Lions 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
They fired Schwartz!

Beat me to it


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...kcarrier=other

Time to hire a real coach hopefully.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #303
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
Time to hire a real coach hopefully.






Their are some solid options out there.

Lovie Smith - Good defensive mind, hire the right O coordinator (not Martz) and we'd be in good shape.

Jon Gruden - great QB mind, could really help Matthew interceptford.

Bill Cowher - His scowl says enough.

Jack Del Rio - FOrmer NFL Coaching experience

Those would be a few picks i would be happy with. I doubt any of them would be interested in this job though.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #304
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,766
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post












Their are some solid options out there.



Lovie Smith - Good defensive mind, hire the right O coordinator (not Martz) and we'd be in good shape.



Jon Gruden - great QB mind, could really help Matthew interceptford.



Bill Cowher - His scowl says enough.



Jack Del Rio - FOrmer NFL Coaching experience



Those would be a few picks i would be happy with. I doubt any of them would be interested in this job though.

That is a great list. All good fits. So that means the lions will opt for another up and coming assistant coach.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #305
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Just think, that is just my list off the top of my head. Imagine what a REAL General Manager and Owner in the NFL with connections SHOULD be able to come up with.

I figure the real problem is them actually getting someone to WANT to come here and coach though.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #306
Schoemann
-----------------------
 
Schoemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-29-12
Location: Grand Blanc, Mi
Posts: 1,804
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

They are keeping Mayhew.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
The Lions shakeup appears confined to the coaching staff.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the Lions will retain General Manager Martin Mayhew.

While you can’t take Mayhew off the hook for the disappointing 29-51 Jim Schwartz era, the general consensus around the league is that the Lions have a talented roster that isn’t reflected in the record.

Mayhew was able to hang onto a role after Matt Millen was fired, and has put together a roster that should be able to contend, as they don’t have the same kind of quarterback issues other places with vacancies have right now.
__________________
www.dirtymindsjeepclub.com
Schoemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #307
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,703
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

I agree that the Lions have a pretty talented roster. They had some games where they really dominated and individuals had some great plays. But, they certainly can't maintain their focus for a full 60 minutes. They lack discipline. Let's hope a new coach can take the next step.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #308
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 25,623
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #309
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I agree that the Lions have a pretty talented roster. They had some games where they really dominated and individuals had some great plays. But, they certainly can't maintain their focus for a full 60 minutes. They lack discipline. Let's hope a new coach can take the next step.
Some of the Eagles players said focus isn't so much their issue as is conditioning. Which would also play a part in being able to focus.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #310
sanman
Senior Member
 
sanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-14-09
Location: nashville mi
Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The player's are grown ass men they make big money to play a game , why is the blame alway"s on the coach?
sanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #311
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 2,026
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

I'm a fucking happy camper today ... thank you all!
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:59 AM   #312
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,703
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman View Post
The player's are grown ass men they make big money to play a game , why is the blame alway"s on the coach?
I'll try to recreate something I read years ago as an anecdote.

A sales manager was berating his national sales staff about poor sales, complaining that every region's sales were down. He turned to a retired MLB player who now worked as a salesman & said, "when you were playing ball and a player didn't perform, he got replaced, right?".

The former player said, "well, when I was playing & one player didn't perform, they replaced the player. But when the whole team didn't perform, they replaced the coach".
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 01:19 PM   #313
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I'll try to recreate something I read years ago as an anecdote.

A sales manager was berating his national sales staff about poor sales, complaining that every region's sales were down. He turned to a retired MLB player who now worked as a salesman & said, "when you were playing ball and a player didn't perform, he got replaced, right?".

The former player said, "well, when I was playing & one player didn't perform, they replaced the player. But when the whole team didn't perform, they replaced the coach".
excellent way to look at/explain things.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:46 PM   #314
CB10101
Senior Member
 
CB10101's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-13
Location: Canton/MI
Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Maybe the new coach will man up and get a new quarterback instead of waiting for this one to figure it out.
CB10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:15 PM   #315
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,766
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB10101 View Post
Maybe the new coach will man up and get a new quarterback instead of waiting for this one to figure it out.

Lol look up Matt staffords stats and how he compares to not only all other qb's all time, but more importantly qb's that came in the league when he did. Stafford needs work but is clearly not the problem.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:16 PM   #316
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

I think Stafford can get the job done with the right coaching staff, but he has to fix his mechanics and read plays better, way too many bad int's this year.

More than anything they need another solid linebacker, another solid DB, and a better defensive scheme than rush 4 wide, drop 7 into zone, and get carved up.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM   #317
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,766
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I think Stafford can get the job done with the right coaching staff, but he has to fix his mechanics and read plays better, way too many bad int's this year.



More than anything they need another solid linebacker, another solid DB, and a better defensive scheme than rush 4 wide, drop 7 into zone, and get carved up.

Agreed I miss the Chris spielman days in on every tackle lead the whole defense kinda guy. Lions find a diamond in the rough like that and a different style defense they could make things happen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #318
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Add a good solid linebacker to Deandre levy and the linebacking core looks fairly solid. 1-2 more DB's and that defense would be money....with better scheme and play calling.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:22 PM   #319
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,357
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Lovie is unavailable.

Bill Obrien is unavailble.

We know Cowher and Gruden were wish list guys.

We don't want Shanahan (I hope we don't want him anyway).

Wisenhunt seems like a good option.

Adam Gase's name popped up, I don't like that name though, no previous head coaching experience.

We really need a coach that's proven he can do something.

I still like the Jack Del Rio idea, though I think luring him away from Denver may also be tough. I mean who really WANTS to be the head coach of the Lions?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:48 PM   #320
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,766
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default Lions 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Lovie is unavailable.



Bill Obrien is unavailble.



We know Cowher and Gruden were wish list guys.



We don't want Shanahan (I hope we don't want him anyway).



Wisenhunt seems like a good option.



Adam Gase's name popped up, I don't like that name though, no previous head coaching experience.



We really need a coach that's proven he can do something.



I still like the Jack Del Rio idea, though I think luring him away from Denver may also be tough. I mean who really WANTS to be the head coach of the Lions?

Looks like Whisenhunt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-detroit-lions

At least he has head coach experience.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined

Last edited by cmetzg03; January 2nd, 2014 at 05:56 PM.
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34569 seconds with 82 queries