Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #61
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,088
iTrader: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padilen View Post
Well I was stung twice, after the pro's did spray. I was stung the first time and I called( not my job). Had them come back out showed them the nest/ hive hole in the ground. They sprayed again.
I was sent up on the roof short stairway to higher section stung again. Called back again. They said we don't Guarantee our work on the roof.( to many issues to deal with) I said the hive is hanging on the handrail for stairs. They came back again. Then told wait 72 hours. Ok went by first site of sting, nest still there. We took 2 cans of spray and killed them off. Then I stuck the hose in it. Ground washed out leaving a crater.
Two things, pros don't spray them, they dust them, and pros guarantee their work. I guarantee no more re-infestation in the same spot for the rest of the year. Rarely do I have to revisit. 99.9% of the time I kill the nest, one treatment, within a few minutes, without getting stung.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #62
SHARPMACHINE
F-U-CANCER!!!
 
SHARPMACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-29-06
Location: MONTAGUE MI (BY THE SAND BOX)
Posts: 4,388
iTrader: (24)
Never heard of using seven, sounds like a good option.

I am not sure why fuel in the hole would not work (without lighting it though). It seems like it would affixiate them?
__________________
Hay, look at me... I have a signature.....



RIP FULLSIZE4LIFE
SHARPMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #63
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,514
iTrader: (155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
wow, nice pics here: http://arkadiapest.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/


oh yeah, nsfw, just click on the larger size images...lol
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #64
CHEVYRCKS
Ghetto Krawler
 
CHEVYRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Lansing,Mi
Posts: 3,927
iTrader: (27)
I had did the bottle trap and had put that out there the first night, but did not get any because one of my dogs knock it over. so I set it back up.
On my way home yesterday I stop at TSC and pick up some Sevin dust and when I went out there to put it down, They was pissed off over the bottle. So I had to get some spray to kill the one that was swarming so I could get the bottle, then put down the Sevin dust.

Here is the bottle.

CHEVYRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #65
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,986
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
moved to ssf.
sorry
__________________

Last edited by clarkstoncracker; August 15th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #66
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,133
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Honestly I'm loving these stories and testimonials. As a trained pro I can eliminate these guys in minutes. But what fun is that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Cost is relative. You can probably get some guy to "rebuild" your transmission in his back yard for $50 or someone to tattoo you in your kitchen for ten bucks. Heck, I'm sure you could even find a surgeon that advertises on craigslist. Are any of those a good idea? No!

The reason you hire a pro is to get the job done right the first time. And you pay for quality like that.

"Bee Killer" in a can is just about as effective as "Engine Restorer" in a can.
So, what you're saying is you never do anything yourself? You always hire out a trained professional? Never changed your own oil, never fixed your own truck, never worked on your bicycle as a kid, never mowed your own lawn (I mean those guys are way faster right?)

Sure, I assume you have some sort of certifications to kill bees, and I know you're a pretty handy mechanic, but did you wait until you were fully certified and trained before you ever fixed your own car?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #67
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,088
iTrader: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
So, what you're saying is you never do anything yourself? You always hire out a trained professional? Never changed your own oil, never fixed your own truck, never worked on your bicycle as a kid, never mowed your own lawn (I mean those guys are way faster right?)

Sure, I assume you have some sort of certifications to kill bees, and I know you're a pretty handy mechanic, but did you wait until you were fully certified and trained before you ever fixed your own car?
No, not at all. But when I'm in over my head on something, and know it, I don't have an issue hiring a pro.

If this was a wasp nest, something small, sure. But as you read in these posts, these guys are taking days to handle a potentially life threatening situation. Like trying to fight a four alarm fire with a garden hose.

There is no over the counter product that is available to the general public that can effecticively and safely handle the situation. This is simply a wrong tool for the job type of deal.

Last edited by kkodet; August 15th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #68
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 23,311
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
No, not at all. But when I'm in over my head on something, and know it, I don't have an issue hiring a pro.

If this was a wasp nest, something small, sure. But as you read in these posts, these guys are taking days to handle a potentially life threatening situation. Like trying to fight a four alarm fire with a garden hose.

There is no over the counter product that is available to the general public that can effecticively and safely handle the situation. This is simply a wrong tool for the job type of deal.
Don't bother. Kickstand likes arguing.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #69
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,133
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Don't bother. Kickstand likes arguing.
So you agree the only way to kill bees is to call route 55?

right....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #70
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 23,311
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
So you agree the only way to kill bees is to call route 55?

right....
No, the only way to kill bees is with a size 11 boot.

Bee stings don't faze me.


Aw, damn, now you tricked me into arguing, you sneaky bastid!
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #71
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,088
iTrader: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
So you agree the only way to kill bees is to call route 55?

right....
No, I don't even service his area. My nephew does, but I don't care if he calls him or not.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #72
vr
Senior Member
 
vr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 4,106
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
No, not at all. But when I'm in over my head on something, and know it, I don't have an issue hiring a pro.

If this was a wasp nest, something small, sure. But as you read in these posts, these guys are taking days to handle a potentially life threatening situation. Like trying to fight a four alarm fire with a garden hose.

There is no over the counter product that is available to the general public that can effecticively and safely handle the situation. This is simply a wrong tool for the job type of deal.
I'll chime back in since you quoted me when you jumped into this thread.
Mine took days because they were up inside a wall cavity. I was not about to drill holes (or let a pro) and I wasn't pulling the exterior paneling off my house. Cheap hardware store grade boric acid dusted in their entry path refreshed each day for a few days killed them.
vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #73
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,417
iTrader: (3)
I would go after them at night. They are sleeping and don't expect it. I am not all about killing things but those things can be dangerous if you are allergic to bees or you get stung by like 100.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #74
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,088
iTrader: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr View Post
I'll chime back in since you quoted me when you jumped into this thread.
Mine took days because they were up inside a wall cavity. I was not about to drill holes (or let a pro) and I wasn't pulling the exterior paneling off my house. Cheap hardware store grade boric acid dusted in their entry path refreshed each day for a few days killed them.
Pros don't drill holes. I have never done additional damage (beyond what the insects have done) and even in situations such as that they are dead quickly, with the proper profesional grade products.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #75
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,133
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Pros don't drill holes. I have never done additional damage (beyond what the insects have done) and even in situations such as that they are dead quickly, with the proper profesional grade products.
ok, you're an awesome exterminator, used to be an awesome transport guy, and used to be an awesome mechanic. We'll call you for all of our needs.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #76
buttercr125
I work out
 
buttercr125's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-09
Location: Fenton, mi
Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
No, not at all. But when I'm in over my head on something, and know it, I don't have an issue hiring a pro.

If this was a wasp nest, something small, sure. But as you read in these posts, these guys are taking days to handle a potentially life threatening situation. Like trying to fight a four alarm fire with a garden hose.

There is no over the counter product that is available to the general public that can effecticively and safely handle the situation. This is simply a wrong tool for the job type of deal.
So what do you consider "effectively"(correct spelling) or "safely" handling the situation? I put some of that seven dust down and less than 48 hours later they nest I had was completely dead. That seems kinda effective and when I put it down I didn't get stung so that seems some what safe.
__________________
If your thinking about dealing with JoshuaCripe read the link below first!!
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=219276
buttercr125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #77
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 4,433
iTrader: (6)
Just use a potato cannon


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #78
Bullhed78
Senior Member
 
Bullhed78's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-11-11
Location: Linden, MI
Posts: 744
iTrader: (10)
OK, since this thread is already off the tracks... Why would someone come out and retrieve active nests (bald face hornets, wasp, whatever) for free? He travels from the Perry area to Fenton and doesn't charge a dime. He has to benefit from it somehow but I don't know how.
Bullhed78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #79
Padilen
Senior Member
 
Padilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-12
Location: LeRoy Michigan
Posts: 1,354
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Two things, pros don't spray them, they dust them, and pros guarantee their work. I guarantee no more re-infestation in the same spot for the rest of the year. Rarely do I have to revisit. 99.9% of the time I kill the nest, one treatment, within a few minutes, without getting stung.
They said pump so I thought spray.
They came out again because the do guarantee their work. But not station roof. The roof has pallets on top off buildings roof then pole barn siding.the ice that falls of the tower hits the pallets stopping the ice from crashing through. But the siding has holes.
Padilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #80
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 23,311
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhed78 View Post
OK, since this thread is already off the tracks... Why would someone come out and retrieve active nests (bald face hornets, wasp, whatever) for free? He travels from the Perry area to Fenton and doesn't charge a dime. He has to benefit from it somehow but I don't know how.
puts his ex wife's alimony check in a box with them and sends it to her?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.22985 seconds with 52 queries