Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #81
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
Just because multiple religions are monotheistic (one god) does not mean that they are following the same God of Christian Judeo faith. If it were so then the description of the one god would be similar; however, there are very few similarities between the religions... unless you are inferring that the one true god suffers from multiple personality disorder.
Just the Bible by itself infers that......


__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #82
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,378
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
unless you are inferring that the one true god suffers from multiple personality disorder.
Like the Father, son and holy ghost?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #83
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Like the Father, son and holy ghost?
That would infer that I'm in the same boat because I am a father, a son, and a husband.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #84
srlbotanical
Because I Said So...
 
srlbotanical's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-07
Location: Saranac, MI
Posts: 797
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

This is really worth a read in my opinion.

I am a Christian.

As a firm beliver in God and one with a very scientific outlook, I found this to resonate very closely to what I belive.

Finding Darwins God

"Those who ask from science a final argument, an ultimate proof, an unassailable position from which the issue of God may be decided will always be disappointed. As a scientist I claim no new proofs, no revolutionary data, no stunning insight into nature that can tip the balance in one direction or another. But I do claim that to a believer, even in the most traditional sense, evolutionary biology is not at all the obstacle we often believe it to be. In many respects, evolution is the key to understanding our relationship with God."
srlbotanical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #85
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,378
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
That would infer that I'm in the same boat because I am a father, a son, and a husband.
Do you claim to be your own son?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #86
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlbotanical View Post
This is really worth a read in my opinion.

I am a Christian.

As a firm beliver in God and one with a very scientific outlook, I found this to resonate very closely to what I belive.

Finding Darwins God

"Those who ask from science a final argument, an ultimate proof, an unassailable position from which the issue of God may be decided will always be disappointed. As a scientist I claim no new proofs, no revolutionary data, no stunning insight into nature that can tip the balance in one direction or another. But I do claim that to a believer, even in the most traditional sense, evolutionary biology is not at all the obstacle we often believe it to be. In many respects, evolution is the key to understanding our relationship with God."
And as a non believer I can find nothing wrong with that statement.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #87
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Do you claim to be your own son?
Nope.


The common parallel is an egg. Yoke, shell, and the whites. They are all considered the Egg but are all different parts of the egg. If you split them up, they are still the Egg yoke, the egg shell, and the egg white.

Much like the egg the three 'parts' of the trinity serve different purposes but have all been there since 'the begining'.

The Father - Authoritative body, perfect in nature.

The Son (Jesus) - God in human form. Some theologians even argue that any time God talked to someone in the OT it was either Jesus, or the holy spirit.

The Holy Spirit - God in a form that can reside inside the believer or 'move' believers in one way or another.

Granted, those descriptions are very 'church' answers. A more liberal interpretation would be they are separated because humans experience things differently. God (as a whole) is omnipresent so he's all around us. The definitions that separate the trinity are just the different way a singular God has shown him self to us. We labeled those experiences as separate entities.

Within that thinking you could argue that Christ only used the terms 'father' or 'holy ghost' to make it easier for the humans of that time (who created those terms) to relate to what he was saying.

In general the trinity is a hazy area if you try to put it into a box. You can't.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #88
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 18,551
iTrader: (164)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Default

Cool
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.12004 seconds with 26 queries