Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #321
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!
 
trailrail302's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 2,990
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post
I wouldn't want the mounds anywhere near my home. But I would be OK with rocks and valleys butting up against it.
me too and this would be alot like r&v I would actually be more than happy to live on the boarder of that property. its far enough that you wont get dust just some noise. and its a loud busy area anyway! everyone talked about how loud it is there so all that would do is help drown out the park noise.
trailrail302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #322
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,452
iTrader: (155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I was gone but I thought I heard he was the one who pushed the vote.
That's bs
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #323
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,904
iTrader: (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
He made the motion. Note taker on the left side seconded it.





Roger, what's the law on that? can you cite it. Maybe the soon to be released editorial should mention that?
j
You have an email coming....
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #324
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!
 
trailrail302's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 2,990
iTrader: (10)
the plot thickens. we need facts that he lives there. I have to look up his name again.
trailrail302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #325
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,452
iTrader: (155)
I sit thru a lot of meetings like this and it sounds to me like they stepped over a few steps!
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #326
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
the plot thickens. we need facts that he lives there. I have to look up his name again.
Melvin Cryderman I think.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #327
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
me too and this would be alot like r&v I would actually be more than happy to live on the boarder of that property. its far enough that you wont get dust just some noise. and its a loud busy area anyway! everyone talked about how loud it is there so all that would do is help drown out the park noise.
R&V also does not allow the bikes and quads, that could be a big reason why people don't have as much issue with noise.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #328
mtnbikinbryno
www.epicplanks.com
 
mtnbikinbryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: TC
Posts: 5,085
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno
Quote:
That is a conflict of interest and his vote along with anything he had to say is against the law.
Disagree. A conflict would be if he stood to benefit financially from the project (i.e. was a partner, or was married to a partner) and participated in the vote, or for that matter, even the discussion.

An elected official being opposed to a project adjacent to his home is not generally, in the eyes of a court, a conflict.

Last edited by clarkstoncracker; August 15th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
mtnbikinbryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #329
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,942
iTrader: (21)
Roger please post it here. I'm tied up.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #330
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,884
iTrader: (3)
This seems very fishy.

I think if OCPR can get it to a whole township vote, things would be a lot different!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkencityworker View Post
"BREAK HIS FACE"
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #331
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
I had heard that the OCPR/DNR could proceed without the township's approval and that stopping was more of just a courtesy. Is that true or just a rumor?

Maybe the issue shouldn't be killed off completely, but like others said, somehow brought to a larger audience for discussion or vote.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #332
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,962
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Melvin Cryderman I think.


Melvin F Cryderman, 2855 Ray, Oxford, MI 48371
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #333
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!
 
trailrail302's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 2,990
iTrader: (10)
I wonder where the guy at the end by the mic lives the one who was so polite about us out of towners being there. and the one who was so quick to second the motion. I just think its odd how the one member tried to revoke the motion because it was not part of the agenda. And was shot down in a very un professional way if you ask me.
trailrail302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #334
pjkravetz
Jeep in pieces
 
pjkravetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-18-08
Location: Davisburg, MI
Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)
OCPR can move forward without the approval of the township but they would be reluctant to do so in fear of pissing off the locals. If they move forward without the support of the community, they may have a more difficult time getting a parks mileage passed in the future.

Yes, there is quite a bit of concern regarding the validity of that vote last night. From what I have heard it is quite unprecedented to vote immediately following a public hearing. Doing so leads to what would be viewed as a vote of emotions.
pjkravetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #335
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 20,692
iTrader: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikinbryno View Post
Disagree. A conflict would be if he stood to benefit financially from the project (i.e. was a partner, or was married to a partner) and participated in the vote, or for that matter, even the discussion.

An elected official being opposed to a project adjacent to his home is not generally, in the eyes of a court, a conflict.

this
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #336
mtnbikinbryno
www.epicplanks.com
 
mtnbikinbryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: TC
Posts: 5,085
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkravetz View Post

Yes, there is quite a bit of concern regarding the validity of that vote last night. From what I have heard it is quite unprecedented to vote immediately following a public hearing. Doing so leads to what would be viewed as a vote of emotions.
There is nothing illegal about that and it's extremely common.
mtnbikinbryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #337
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,962
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Another thing that bothered me, is nobody seemed to realize if the ORV park doesn't go in, nothing goes in.

Numerous people referenced the land being used for everything but the ORV park....
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #338
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino
 
kb8ymf's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-01-06
Location: Dryden,Mi.
Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkravetz View Post
OCPR can move forward without the approval of the township but they would be reluctant to do so in fear of pissing off the locals. If they move forward without the support of the community, they may have a more difficult time getting a parks mileage passed in the future.

Yes, there is quite a bit of concern regarding the validity of that vote last night. From what I have heard it is quite unprecedented to vote immediately following a public hearing. Doing so leads to what would be viewed as a vote of emotions.
You mean the 0.002% of them?
j
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #339
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino
 
kb8ymf's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-01-06
Location: Dryden,Mi.
Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikinbryno View Post
There is nothing illegal about that and it's extremely common.
Not exactly true if you read this:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/la...6_362069_7.pdf

He had a 'personal' interest in the defeat of the issue. Using their arguments his property value would have been reduced. So by voting against it, it RAISED his property value, thus the potential monetary value. While it may be a bit of a stretch, living that close and NOT disclosing it certainly sheds a poor light on that board member.
j-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #340
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,452
iTrader: (155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
Not exactly true if you read this:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/la...6_362069_7.pdf

He had a 'personal' interest in the defeat of the issue. Using their arguments his property value would have been reduced. So by voting against it, it RAISED his property value, thus the potential monetary value. While it may be a bit of a stretch, living that close and NOT disclosing it certainly sheds a poor light on that board member.
j-kb8ymf
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.23986 seconds with 50 queries