69 years ago today. . . . - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #41
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
D- Day
Four sailors of the U.S. Navy

Is there a story behind this? The sailors behind them seem to have their heads shaved into letters.

I half expected to see a guy on their left with an O shaved in his head.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #42
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 4,128
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
He made a statement out of respect, who cares of he goes or not? There wasn't an ounce if disrespect in anything he said. Quit being an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole.
Well said.

I haven't had a major issue with anyone here. HCH showed just what a foul piece of trash he is. The little troll hasn't walked the hallowed grounds, he hasn't watched the changing of the guard with tear filled eyes, he hasn't been a 18 year old little boy so upset with the asshole wearing his hat while at Arlington. I have, I have looked down the endless rows of men who stood tall. Nothing will make you feel tiny like Arlington. You will cry your eyes out and spend a few days wondering why and feeling pound at the same time. The wall was next. I found three of my dads friends and quit because I couldn't handle it. To this day I want to go back to see the rest.

HCH you are a piece of trash. Your bitch ass would run at the first sign of trouble and hide behind a man. You probably don't have one of these
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #43
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,372
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

response from my aunt about that time in her life:

================
I was almost 15 and school almost over with....Brothers Vic and Fred
were still
in Europe (Army) - and Ernie was in the Navy ---in the Pacific I
believe....Working in
brother Ed's grocery store on the weekend ---handling Red & Blue
tokens which
entitled customers to certain items allowed to puchase. We also had
stamp books
at one point for the same purpose.....Things like Butter and certain
meats required
the stamps --as things were rationed.....
I looked forward to "Vi-Mails

from my brothers ----they were one
page thing paper
folded in a manner to create its own envelope.........

[please note: V Mail as described in wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-mail


It was an amazing time --very patroitic ---proud -and at the same
humbling.....I
was so young and could only think we were going to "WIN"....My
mother and I
would go the movies --where we got to see live scenes on the News
segment along
with movie previews...........The visual was not like today what
with TV news and
constant update on radio -----------although the radio was our
greatest source.
Today the greatest reminder of that time is the computer
pictures of the graves
scattered throughout France and Europe.
Blessings,
Mary Ann
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #44
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
He made a statement out of respect, who cares of he goes or not? There wasn't an ounce if disrespect in anything he said. Quit being an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
You are correct I haven't served, I probably couldn't measure up to the level of greatness those men and all serving members of our great country's military, coast guard and firefighters/police have. However I have the duty to pay them respect.

I might be an ass but have always honored my country and those that have paid the ultimate cost for my freedoms and rights. Going to visit their final resting places and to stand on the very ground they once stood on with hell all around them, now peaceful and quite I can't think of a better show of respect and gratitude.

You not cool always poking the badger
Andy you are not a badger, not even close. Anywho im not trying to be a dick here. If you really want to honor these men then follow through with your intentions. People who know me , know its a huge petpev of mine for people to say they honor veterans because its the in thing to do right now. That shit drives me nuts. If you say thank you, then mean it, if you say you are going to visit these sites, then mean it. Your track record is full of hollow promises. Change that Andy, for no one else but yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
Well said.

I haven't had a major issue with anyone here. HCH showed just what a foul piece of trash he is. The little troll hasn't walked the hallowed grounds, he hasn't watched the changing of the guard with tear filled eyes, he hasn't been a 18 year old little boy so upset with the asshole wearing his hat while at Arlington. I have, I have looked down the endless rows of men who stood tall. Nothing will make you feel tiny like Arlington. You will cry your eyes out and spend a few days wondering why and feeling pound at the same time. The wall was next. I found three of my dads friends and quit because I couldn't handle it. To this day I want to go back to see the rest.

HCH you are a piece of trash. Your bitch ass would run at the first sign of trouble and hide behind a man. You probably don't have one of these

Considering you have no idea who/what type of person I am I'm not even upset with you. However I can give you a little insight. You aren't even close. When I made comments to Andy it's because I know him, personally. I didn't just take a shot in the dark such as you are doing right now.
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #45
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,596
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
Andy you are not a badger, not even close. Anywho im not trying to be a dick here. If you really want to honor these men then follow through with your intentions. People who know me , know its a huge petpev of mine for people to say they honor veterans because its the in thing to do right now. That shit drives me nuts. If you say thank you, then mean it, if you say you are going to visit these sites, then mean it. Your track record is full of hollow promises. Change that Andy, for no one else but yourself.




Considering you have no idea who/what type of person I am I'm not even upset with you. However I can give you a little insight. You aren't even close. When I made comments to Andy it's because I know him, personally. I didn't just take a shot in the dark such as you are doing right now.


And I'm not a badger, I'm a yorkie
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Last edited by Skooter_Built; June 8th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.18457 seconds with 35 queries