Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

pitman arm position?

951 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  MiNi Beast 
#1 ·
Could you rotate the pitman arm 180* and have it swing in the front vs back? speaking on a saginaw box on my MJ.

And if with pro welding could you extend the length of a pitman arm and be safe and reliable?

#7 ·
I'm getting bumpsteer now, the issue. Steering is binding as per the 4" strech in the front. So just need to add an inch to my pitman arm. Or move my box an inch on the frame, that to much. I need heims and a new drag link mount on tie rod.

#10 ·
Really? I was thinking about trying to just move the box itself, that be perfect. Be swapping in a durango box, picking up Jeepbratts old box, so be a good time to move it and need a new inner spacer anyways. Ill go check it out on his site. Thanks :thumb:

#11 ·
Well that brace/bracket won't work without rework to fit on mine. But I figure I just use a jcr inner brace and move it the extra inch I need then just drill the holes in frame(plated already) then run bolt sleeveswhich will make the whole thing more rigid and solid and ultimately stronger then stock and surly the beef I need with a welded front.

And if someone else needs some info on these saginaw boxes I found an old link I saved that had great info on them...

http://www.chevelles.com/techref/ftecref29.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.