Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Prerunner/dune truck

3K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  86scottsdalek10 
#1 ·
Throwing this out there for a feeler. Looking to get another prerunner such as at least a ext. cab or 4 door Chevy 1500/ford f150 or I may consider a std/ext. cab ranger. I want to get back to the dunes, camping and all the fun stuff I remember as a kid/young adult and have my kids experience good clean fun. I thought about buying a solid vehicle and having lenger racing do the long travel but I have to imagine the price would be astronomical. Im more specifically looking for a ddable truck that could be 2wd or 4wd. It could have a live axle up front but I prefer to shed the weight and have something half tonish that is built right. Shoot me a pm or reply if you have any leads or your looking to sell yours.

I'm aware of desert rangers, TRS, white boys toys, race dezert and all the sites with prerunners but before I possibly go that route I want to see what's around locally. After all, I did find my ranger on here from a respectable member.

#2 · (Edited)
Not for sale but I'm building a "budget leaf spring prerunner" I'll have roughly $6000 in a drivetrain and suspension I can have a lot of fun with and depend on.

May give you some ideas, here is my build so far.

Deulings K5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

It will be setup just like this guys but ride a little better as I will have fox air bumps and he is just using the stock rubbers dropped down

It's not something you would really wanna launch, but some air time and pretty good riding rig for not spending $8000 on just a suspension.

#3 ·
Thanks dueling, as much as I would love to go that route I think I may have to buy something at least halfway done and just make the payment. Lol, the wife doesn't like seeing continual money spent on my projects. You ask her and she would say hunting, fishing, biking, and guns take up enough time and money. Looking forward to seeing the progress on yours tho!

#4 ·
Yah I understand that for sure. If Someone woulda told me I would have $8000 into this stupid thing by the time I got it to where I wanted... I would have laughed and said they were stupid.. Lol.

It woulda been nice to find somebody's already done rig that has $10000 in it, but you pick it up for half that.

Good luck, post up if you find something. Love me some land slingin rigs :sonicjay:

#6 ·
Lol as much as I appreciate the link I guess I should clarify that I'm not looking for a project but rather something the whole family can enjoy. Preferably mid 90's up into the 2000's. it will make someone a nice vintage prerunner but its just not suitable for me

#10 ·
I may have one for you :) It is a 94 ranger reg cab. Ford 5.0 mild build V8 sounds awesome!!!! (carb not efi) , aluminum radiator , electric fan , aluminum drive shaft , 8.8 rear with 4.88 posi , 2 wheel drive , 4 wheel disc brakes , Fab Tech long travel in the front w/BRAND new bilstein 7100 10" remote res , Deavers in the rear , bed cage w/BRAND new Bilstein 7100 14" remote res. Aluminum fuel cell , custom built light bar with brand new lights (not even hooked up yet) , race seats , custom race dash , removable steering wheel , all MSD componets on motor , all lines aeroquipt fittings not hose clamps , sidewinder shifter , flowmaster dual exhaust , fiberglass on all four corners , New paint on body and chassis. etc..... i'm sure i am forgetting something , this truck has it all. Roof lights need hooked up. I dont really need to sell it but I just got another prerunner and the wife is about to kill me lol

#16 ·
Thanks bones for the offer, that sure looks like a fun toy but I'm not that hardcore to own a race vehicle like that. I need some space to haul things besides on a trailer

Atvlifestyle I do appreciate the recommendations but I did state in my original post that I'm a member in a few of those sites and am looking here first

Honda- not sure lol. Haven't looked at it yet

#18 ·
Atvlifestyle I do appreciate the recommendations but I did state in my original post that I'm a member in a few of those sites and am looking here first
I read that and understood, but you will be hard pressed to find what you are looking for here. I was in the same mindset once and went the route of building mine versus buying local. If I had it to do again I would buy a truck out of Cali or AZ that was as close to what I wanted as possible and change the few things to how I want them. It will cost alot less and go alot faster.

just my 2 cents. and sorry I should have stated that the first time.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.