Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #41
Rainbird1099
Titles are over rated
 
Join Date: 03-16-06
Location: Highland
Posts: 1,261
iTrader: (9)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbird1099
I think somewhere here there is a lesson to be learned about owning Pit Bulls.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a dog lover, but if your lab barked at the guy, none of this would have happened, and there would be a lot more attention on the idiot in your yard.
I am not trying to say Pits are evil, or start that debate, it's not about how you or I see them, but the other 90% of society who will over-react and turn everything on the Pit in any situation.
Also a lawyer buddy of mine taught me a long time ago he documents well, and reacts first will always be in the best position. I know you have cameras now, but if the first time you took pictures even with your cell phone, and then you called the Police, he would have been the one slammed to the ground, locked up and investigated.
We don't always take the time to document and make call to the Police, when it involves our family, property or belongings, but if you snapped a couple of pictures, and you called first how would the whole situation look.
Rainbird1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #42
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (3)
I think the best thing to do is start clipping coupons, and paying attention to the Sunday newspapers for your area.

Eventually you will be able to stockpile all the toothbrushes you could ever want.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #43
mxmoto198
gettin gone
 
mxmoto198's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-13-08
Location: holt, MI
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to mxmoto198
While you are correct in most situations, Which i have since then made sure to document everything. I'm sure even If had pictures the first time I still would have been thrown to the ground and arrested anyways because of the situation. I was never asked my side of what happened until I was already in the jail.
mxmoto198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #44
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
I think you're asking in the right place. Asking a lawyer would be stupid.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #45
mxmoto198
gettin gone
 
mxmoto198's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-13-08
Location: holt, MI
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to mxmoto198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I think you're asking in the right place. Asking a lawyer would be stupid.
Looking for opinions before I spend lots of money on a lawyer. That's all.
mxmoto198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #46
superchevy1080
gun nut
 
superchevy1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-10
Location: Freesoil Michigan
Posts: 179
iTrader: (1)
To bad they havent updated to the digital world yet, like Great lakes Energy, this all could have been avoided. All I see now is a truck drive by, that picks up a transmision from my meter box.
superchevy1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #47
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,961
iTrader: (15)
My gawd there this thread is retarded.

First, reading the jailhouse lawyer info that people have stated is quite funnay. Second, tell the WHOLE story and then maybe someone can give you some real info. You claim this is all that happened, but there are large portions missing. Stop being a fucktard and tell the whole story and not just the part that makes you seem like a victim and we can move forward. If you don't want to do that, go get a lawyer off an 1-800 TV commercial and then proceed to get laughed out of court when the real info comes out.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #48
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,943
iTrader: (19)
I call bullshit! This shit does not add up. A worker with no marks on him crys to the police so the police send a whole fucking squad to bash through your door and arrest you??? Quit being a liar and tell the whole story.
__________________
I hate being bipolar, its great!

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #49
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmoto198 View Post
Looking for opinions before I spend lots of money on a lawyer. That's all.
My opinion is you are lying through your teeth and even a lawyer who you hired will laugh at you.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #50
8PTBUCK
Yo
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (6)
Did the guy see your pot farm or naked ladies wrapping cocaine in your barn?
8PTBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #51
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,417
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchevy1080 View Post
To bad they havent updated to the digital world yet, like Great lakes Energy, this all could have been avoided. All I see now is a truck drive by, that picks up a transmision from my meter box.
They are replacing them out. They did ours last year. I never had an issue with any of my meter people I would think I am at work when they used to come.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #52
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: north of a bankrupt city
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (3)
maybe it's time to leave a patio door unlocked while you are at home. then, when this clown comes in you can do whatever is necessary to protect your property. doubt the cops would haul you off for protecting yourself inside your home.
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #53
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,214
iTrader: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
My opinion is you are lying through your teeth and even a lawyer who you hired will laugh at you.
Why would he lie? The officers released him with zero charg..........ohhhhhhhhhh....you're just being a dick

My bad. Carry on.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #54
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,214
iTrader: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
My gawd there this thread is retarded.

First, reading the jailhouse lawyer info that people have stated is quite funnay. Second, tell the WHOLE story and then maybe someone can give you some real info. You claim this is all that happened, but there are large portions missing. Stop being a fucktard and tell the whole story and not just the part that makes you seem like a victim and we can move forward. If you don't want to do that, go get a lawyer off an 1-800 TV commercial and then proceed to get laughed out of court when the real info comes out.
Maybe he left out the part where he said "fuck you pig" All the officers I know love hearing that.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #55
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,961
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Maybe he left out the part where he said "fuck you pig" All the officers I know love hearing that.
Still wouldn't incite a door kicking and an arrest. This damn thing referred to as probable cause gets in the way. He's leaving out far more than a simple name calling. Besides, cops love bacon too.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #56
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Still wouldn't incite a door kicking and an arrest. This damn thing referred to as probable cause gets in the way. He's leaving out far more than a simple name calling. Besides, cops love bacon too.
No, his pitbull was fully caged, wimpered and slobbered a little and 10 cops rushed the house in swat gear fearing he was going to come outside in his underwear with an elmer fudd hat on with a lit cigarette and an AR 15 screaming merica fukc yeah going down in a blaze of glory
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #57
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,961
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
No, his pitbull was fully caged, wimpered and slobbered a little and 10 cops rushed the house in swat gear fearing he was going to come outside in his underwear with an elmer fudd hat on with a lit cigarette and an AR 15 screaming merica fukc yeah going down in a blaze of glory
Drinking PBR?
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #58
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Drinking PBR?
I don't know what kind of beer he likes.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #59
Easy_E
Web Wheeler !
 
Easy_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: St Johns Mi
Posts: 943
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
They are replacing them out. They did ours last year. I never had an issue with any of my meter people I would think I am at work when they used to come.
Our meter guy has been great . About three years ago he walked around our privacy fence in back right when I touched off a round out of my rifle on the deck. I think he shit his pants I'm almost sure.
There is no way he could have been shot but we have a new procedure on meter reading.
Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #60
Rob the plumber
Licensed master plumber
 
Rob the plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-06
Location: New Baltimore, Michigan
Posts: 5,459
iTrader: (32)
I was just talking to my wife about the hood rat contractors that read our meters. Seems like an easy way to inventory the neighborhood.

Dte actually shut our power off all weekend when I upgraded the service and panel. The reader said we were stealing power. Yeah, new service and the old meter was hanging from the new meter box.
Rob the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.18551 seconds with 50 queries