Executive order gun ban - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #81
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,342
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Oh mfer.......

I'm just going to wait for snow and do my own thing to enjoy the rest of this winter

You guys just mingle
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #82
rentalrider
Senior Member
 
rentalrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-13-07
Location: West Branch, Mi
Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

However, maybe you are partly right... I was thinking of getting this put on a shirt: The question isn't if I would give up my life fighting for my guns, the questions is if you are willing to give up your life trying to take them.
rentalrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #83
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,155
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Oh mfer.......

I'm just going to wait for snow and do my own thing to enjoy the rest of this winter

You guys just mingle
I'm coming with you. I'll even buy your pass if you supply me a snowboard. Just don't laugh if I fall and start screaming that I can't feel my legs. It won't be a joke
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #84
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,934
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Not at all. I seem to be the only one more concerned with keeping my rights and the rights of the coming generations than making a quick buck to pay for more cable TV and beer.
While I do see your point to a degree you seem to be blowing it a little out of proportion. It's not like your friend or neighbor needs a weapon right now to join the fight of an actual invading force and someone decides to fukc him over and gouge him. The situation isn't that dire just yet and the only reason people are freaking out and WANTING to over pay for a stupid ar is because they think they will not be around anymore. If paying 1300 for a 800 gun gives them peace of mind that at least they got one before anything happened then so be it. If the war pops off I'm sure most people would look out for their friends and neighbors and help arm them with whatever they could spare. I know I would.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #85
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,342
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I'm coming with you. I'll even buy your pass if you supply me a snowboard. Just don't laugh if I fall and start screaming that I can't feel my legs. It won't be a joke
I can supply you with a board. What size feet do you have?
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #86
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentalrider View Post
Yeah, i'm sure in some way that made sense to you. And pretty much sounded exactly like I did? Nice job. I'm not an internet tough guy, not at all. In fact you should look through my past posts and compare them to yours and tell me again who is the internet bad ass. Don't claim to be. I tried to be that guy when I was younger and dumber, probably a lot like you. I'm pretty confident in who I am and what I stand for. And one of those things happens to be... ahhhh nevermind. But keep bashing, and digging. And being spineless.


So you're just gonna start pulling the trigger eh?

I don't lack confidence either my friend, but I am rational enough to know that if it came to a door to door requesting of the guns I wouldn't the tough guy screaming america fukc yeah trying to blow people away. I'd probably not be happy, but I'd also know my family would be much safer with me around, than without me around if I went all america fukc yeah.


but you keep telling youself and posting that you'll go america fukc yeah on them, and I'll keep laughing at the internet gun toting badasses that give the 2nd amendmant rights a bad name.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #87
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentalrider View Post
However, maybe you are partly right... I was thinking of getting this put on a shirt: The question isn't if I would give up my life fighting for my guns, the questions is if you are willing to give up your life trying to take them.
Damn, you're one bad dude!
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #88
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,155
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
While I do see your point to a degree you seem to be blowing it a little out of proportion. It's not like your friend or neighbor needs a weapon right now to join the fight of an actual invading force and someone decides to fukc him over and gouge him. The situation isn't that dire just yet and the only reason people are freaking out and WANTING to over pay for a stupid ar is because they think they will not be around anymore. If paying 1300 for a 800 gun gives them peace of mind that at least they got one before anything happened then so be it. If the war pops off I'm sure most people would look out for their friends and neighbors and help arm them with whatever they could spare. I know I would.
Thank you for explaining that and I'm being 100% serious in that respect.

The reason I'm so pissed off and responding in such a ridiculous and overemphasized fashion to this is because it's the exact opposite of what we're seeing in not just the marketplace on this forum but all across the country. I can't even pick up ammo to burn up at the range to keep myself sharp (nonetheless continue training my own Wife) on my AR-15 because of all the asshats buying EVERYTHING in sight just to jack up the prices to make a buck right now. If it's affecting me to this degree right now I can only imagine what it's doing to the newer shooters that are looking to get into our sports or are buying for self defense and can't even get to the range to practice with their new rifles. How many people (and potential allies) have the greedy assholes turned away from gun ownership for the sake of making $30 per PMag?

The firearm community has essentially instituted gun control on itself by making it so cost prohibitive to buy a firearm and the tools necessary to be proficient with it that the average Joe is no longer able to afford it.

Yet by pointing this out everyone wants to come at me as a "self imposed superhero" (I really did laugh at that ) or I get a lecture about basic high school economics or the so called "free" markets. Take a step back folks and look at what this is doing to us. So many people are so focused on strictly profiting from their firearms that they don't even realize that two months from now their kids won't be able to inherit the rifles their Grandfathers and Fathers (YOU) worked so hard to buy.

You wanna make me a hated POS for pointing this out? Fine. It doesn't bother me. I'm not doing it for personal gain (obviously).
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #89
rentalrider
Senior Member
 
rentalrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-13-07
Location: West Branch, Mi
Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

(referring to kickstand) Thanks. But I'm taken. Just imagine for a minute if all "men" took your passive attitude on such matters. Where would we be? Anyways... you're probably a hood rat but I'd fight for your rights too.
rentalrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #90
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,934
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Thank you for explaining that and I'm being 100% serious in that respect.

The reason I'm so pissed off and responding in such a ridiculous and overemphasized fashion to this is because it's the exact opposite of what we're seeing in not just the marketplace on this forum but all across the country. I can't even pick up ammo to burn up at the range to keep myself sharp (nonetheless continue training my own Wife) on my AR-15 because of all the asshats buying EVERYTHING in sight just to jack up the prices to make a buck right now. If it's affecting me to this degree right now I can only imagine what it's doing to the newer shooters that are looking to get into our sports or are buying for self defense and can't even get to the range to practice with their new rifles. How many people (and potential allies) have the greedy assholes turned away from gun ownership for the sake of making $30 per PMag?

The firearm community has essentially instituted gun control on itself by making it so cost prohibitive to buy a firearm and the tools necessary to be proficient with it that the average Joe is no longer able to afford it.

Yet by pointing this out everyone wants to come at me as a "self imposed superhero" (I really did laugh at that ) or I get a lecture about basic high school economics or the so called "free" markets. Take a step back folks and look at what this is doing to us. So many people are so focused on strictly profiting from their firearms that they don't even realize that two months from now their kids won't be able to inherit the rifles their Grandfathers and Fathers (YOU) worked so hard to buy.

You wanna make me a hated POS for pointing this out? Fine. It doesn't bother me. I'm not doing it for personal gain (obviously).
I'm not making you out to be a pos. like I said, I understand your reasoning to a point. Give it two months and prices will be back to normal and the ones over paying for shit will get a chance to reflect on what they spent. If they even manage to get something serious passed I only think it will spike ammo again for a while.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #91
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,155
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
I'm not making you out to be a pos. like I said, I understand your reasoning to a point. Give it two months and prices will be back to normal and the ones over paying for shit will get a chance to reflect on what they spent. If they even manage to get something serious passed I only think it will spike ammo again for a while.
I wasn't specifically saying YOU think I'm a POS. That was directed elsewhere.
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #92
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,342
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Thank you for explaining that and I'm being 100% serious in that respect.

The reason I'm so pissed off and responding in such a ridiculous and overemphasized fashion to this is because it's the exact opposite of what we're seeing in not just the marketplace on this forum but all across the country. I can't even pick up ammo to burn up at the range to keep myself sharp (nonetheless continue training my own Wife) on my AR-15 because of all the asshats buying EVERYTHING in sight just to jack up the prices to make a buck right now. If it's affecting me to this degree right now I can only imagine what it's doing to the newer shooters that are looking to get into our sports or are buying for self defense and can't even get to the range to practice with their new rifles. How many people (and potential allies) have the greedy assholes turned away from gun ownership for the sake of making $30 per PMag?

The firearm community has essentially instituted gun control on itself by making it so cost prohibitive to buy a firearm and the tools necessary to be proficient with it that the average Joe is no longer able to afford it.

Yet by pointing this out everyone wants to come at me as a "self imposed superhero" (I really did laugh at that ) or I get a lecture about basic high school economics or the so called "free" markets. Take a step back folks and look at what this is doing to us. So many people are so focused on strictly profiting from their firearms that they don't even realize that two months from now their kids won't be able to inherit the rifles their Grandfathers and Fathers (YOU) worked so hard to buy.

You wanna make me a hated POS for pointing this out? Fine. It doesn't bother me. I'm not doing it for personal gain (obviously).
Spot fucking ON!!!
.....superhero
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #93
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Not just a Executive order... Multiple
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #94
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,934
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I wasn't specifically saying YOU think I'm a POS. That was directed elsewhere.
Fuck em
I just kinda look at it like its a man made crisis at this point. It's not like an energy or gas crisis where some dick is charging $20 a gallon for gas because someone HAS to have it. It's just people over reacting to speculation.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #95
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #96
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,365
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Thank you for explaining that and I'm being 100% serious in that respect.

The reason I'm so pissed off and responding in such a ridiculous and overemphasized fashion to this is because it's the exact opposite of what we're seeing in not just the marketplace on this forum but all across the country. I can't even pick up ammo to burn up at the range to keep myself sharp (nonetheless continue training my own Wife) on my AR-15 because of all the asshats buying EVERYTHING in sight just to jack up the prices to make a buck right now. If it's affecting me to this degree right now I can only imagine what it's doing to the newer shooters that are looking to get into our sports or are buying for self defense and can't even get to the range to practice with their new rifles. How many people (and potential allies) have the greedy assholes turned away from gun ownership for the sake of making $30 per PMag?

The firearm community has essentially instituted gun control on itself by making it so cost prohibitive to buy a firearm and the tools necessary to be proficient with it that the average Joe is no longer able to afford it.

Yet by pointing this out everyone wants to come at me as a "self imposed superhero" (I really did laugh at that ) or I get a lecture about basic high school economics or the so called "free" markets. Take a step back folks and look at what this is doing to us. So many people are so focused on strictly profiting from their firearms that they don't even realize that two months from now their kids won't be able to inherit the rifles their Grandfathers and Fathers (YOU) worked so hard to buy.

You wanna make me a hated POS for pointing this out? Fine. It doesn't bother me. I'm not doing it for personal gain (obviously).
I haven't seen anyone specifically trying to fukc the other guy as much as making a buck if they can. To some it's worth it to turn a dime, to others it's worth it to pay the price for their own personal peace of mind. Either way, I still believe in the free market and everything balances out in the end. Go try to find a really nice show car right before the Woodward Dream cruise. They are over inflated. Gas goes up before each holiday weekend. Our entire free market system is based on supply and demand.

You say you can't pick up ammo for practice? I just bought 500 rounds of .223 for $5.60 something a box of 20. That's about the same going price as it was 2 months ago. It's pretty common to see 20 round boxes go for $12.00 a box everywhere so if you're referring to the guy asking $15, whoopie. It doesn't hurt you or anyone else.

Like Tab said, I haven't seen anyone say that they won't help their neighbor if the zombies come.

I also don't get where you feel everyone is more focused on screwing the other guy than fighting the battle. There are lots of threads, comments, posts and petitions going around. I think most of us are just as concerned as you. I know I am.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #97
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,934
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Zombies are different. I'll be using my neighbor as bait since he's a runner and I can pick them off from the upstairs window.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #98
dougstephvoor
Supreme Chancelor!
 
dougstephvoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-21-10
Location: Saranac/Michigan
Posts: 2,230
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default America, fuck yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post


So you're just gonna start pulling the trigger eh?

I don't lack confidence either my friend, but I am rational enough to know that if it came to a door to door requesting of the guns I wouldn't the tough guy screaming america fukc yeah trying to blow people away. I'd probably not be happy, but I'd also know my family would be much safer with me around, than without me around if I went all america fukc yeah.


but you keep telling youself and posting that you'll go america fukc yeah on them, and I'll keep laughing at the internet gun toting badasses that give the 2nd amendmant rights a bad name.
I hope every door that gets knocked on receives an AMERICA, Fuck Yeah, as the definition of, A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, is not understood by many.
__________________
Supreme Chancellor!
dougstephvoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #99
dougstephvoor
Supreme Chancelor!
 
dougstephvoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-21-10
Location: Saranac/Michigan
Posts: 2,230
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default A black kettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Thank you for explaining that and I'm being 100% serious in that respect.

The reason I'm so pissed off and responding in such a ridiculous and overemphasized fashion to this is because it's the exact opposite of what we're seeing in not just the marketplace on this forum but all across the country. I can't even pick up ammo to burn up at the range to keep myself sharp (nonetheless continue training my own Wife) on my AR-15 because of all the asshats buying EVERYTHING in sight just to jack up the prices to make a buck right now. If it's affecting me to this degree right now I can only imagine what it's doing to the newer shooters that are looking to get into our sports or are buying for self defense and can't even get to the range to practice with their new rifles. How many people (and potential allies) have the greedy assholes turned away from gun ownership for the sake of making $30 per PMag?



The firearm community has essentially instituted gun control on itself by making it so cost prohibitive to buy a firearm and the tools necessary to be proficient with it that the average Joe is no longer able to afford it.

Yet by pointing this out everyone wants to come at me as a "self imposed superhero" (I really did laugh at that ) or I get a lecture about basic high school economics or the so called "free" markets. Take a step back folks and look at what this is doing to us. So many people are so focused on strictly profiting from their firearms that they don't even realize that two months from now their kids won't be able to inherit the rifles their Grandfathers and Fathers (YOU) worked so hard to buy.

You wanna make me a hated POS for pointing this out? Fine. It doesn't bother me. I'm not doing it for personal gain (obviously).
This from the man with three rifles for 15,000 in the martket place.
__________________
Supreme Chancellor!
dougstephvoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #100
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,365
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougstephvoor View Post
This from the man with three rifles for 15,000 in the martket place.
I think that thread is aimed at some sarcasm. But I'm thinking about it cuz I want the gun that killed Bin Laden.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.42521 seconds with 81 queries